Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TV Networks are a different beast. If the one you're working for loses the rights to essentially your job, you should be able to go elsewhere as a result.

Perhaps that should apply to footballers as well. If the club you play for loses the plot you should be able to go to the club that found said plot.

Might not have worked a treat for us over the last few years though.

“I was asked whether I would consider it – I considered it for 24 hours until I realised that on the Friday beforehand I had a strong conversation with Gerard Whateley (on AFL Nation), where I said that if Alastair Clarkson wasn’t (in the running for the job), it has to be Ross Lyon.

“I had made my position completely clear and I don’t think you need to go into a process if you’ve already made up your mind.”

This is great - we got his assessment and we didn't have to pay for it :)

Probably, but I thought it must go back longer than that.
Someone else said that played schoolboys footy together and since worked out it would seem they both went on a tour to Ireland together as teenagers in 1984 under Don Scott as their coach. So would have struck up some friendship of sorts there and decades later been connected sometimes through footy at Carlton in early 2000's and then at Saints and it appears through property and business partnerships too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the background to the Ross Lyon and SOS friendship. I noticed when looked up Ross Lyon playing career he made his debut in same year as SOS so wondered if they played Teal Cup together like Gary Lyon and SOS did but think Lyon a bit older so does not seem likely.
Can only assume friendship struck up in SOS last playing years when maybe Ross Lyon was an assistant coach under David Parkin?

From what i've heard SOS used to hang with the Fitzroy boys probably more than the Carlton boys back in the days of his youth. More of a Uni type crowd as a young bloke i think. Used to see him with the Fitzroy boys at the Skinny Dog quite often.

Him and Ross have been pretty thick ever since and still to this day obviously.

Not keen on Harvey as an assistant.

Genuinely asking - why is that?

My perception of Harvey is he’s a strong planner and tactician regarding midfield structure but perhaps lacking in communication/relationship building - he does not present well to the media, but that hardly matters as an assistant.

FWIW - I agree that he’s not what we need if Lyon is our senior coach - I’d rather someone such as Voss who absolutely drives and builds a high-performance culture (that comes directly from those who played under his coaching).

Nope, surely we're against another training wheels head of football.
If you've got a team of experienced people around them it's fine.

Our problem was we had an inexperienced ceo, head of football, head coach and no senior mentors for any of them.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Can you do water into wine?....say grange hemitage ................
it's hermitage, grange hermitage - and best I can do is a well past it st henri.........

oh ok, Did not know that.
Went to same school?

"Through juniors, into a Fitzroy scholarship squad, playing under-19s at only 16, Teal Cup, then making the Australian junior squad to tour Ireland under Don Scott, alongside the likes of Garry Lyon and Stephen Silvagni, now an assistant of Lyon's at Moorabbin."

"Through juniors, into a Fitzroy scholarship squad, playing under-19s at only 16, Teal Cup, then making the Australian junior squad to tour Ireland under Don Scott, alongside the likes of Garry Lyon and Stephen Silvagni, now an assistant of Lyon's at Moorabbin."
Those boys were lucky. Last generation to come through under 19's etc and all go on tour to Ireland with a clown like Don Scott as coach. Can you imagine the fun these young clowns got up to overseas in place like Ireland with him on watch.

If you've got a team of experienced people around them it's fine.

Our problem was we had an inexperienced ceo, head of football, head coach and no senior mentors for any of them.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Yeah but technically wouldn't Ross report to SOS in that hypothetical. That would be bizarre. We're going to the effort of headhunting an experienced CEO and coach, surely we recruit someone who knows how to manage a footy department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back