Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
er, johnny come lately, there is no need whatsoever to listen closely in order to pick up that "fu** yeah" I heard it live and I was in a flotation tank in north sulawesi at the time........
Well, firstly, if you're deaf in one ear; second, you've ignored the more important call on Sam Walsh; third, how did you get back in the country?; and finally ...

Rookie coaches can be fine for some clubs.

Not sure this club and this list is one of those situations where it works out well.

I think this is where the appointment of Brian Cook, or someone of that ilk, is crucial - I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a relatively inexperienced coach if the structures, team-work, values and culture built around that coach are overseen by someone equipped to tackle those elements.

A more experienced football manager would I think play a crucial role in supporting a rookie coach, too, but not too certain how that is shaping up (for better or worse).

Last edited:
I've hung on longer than most but I think I'm finally ready to concede that the Clarko dream is over.

Or am I?
cursed to walk the earth for all eternity never knowing who will drink from the poisoned chalice known as....the carlton senior coaching position....cue smoke machine

Well, firstly, if you're deaf in one ear; second, you've ignored the more important call on Sam Walsh; third, how did you get back in the country?; and finally ...

I'm deaf in both ears, sonny..........

I think this is where the appointment of Brian Cook, or someone of that ilk, is crucial - I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a relatively inexperienced coach if the structures, team-work, values and culture built around that coach are overseen by someone equipped to tackle those elements.

A more experienced football manager would I think play a crucial role in supporting a rookie coach, too, but not to certain how that is shaping up (for better or worse).

And that's the rub. Too many ifs.

Almost need a perfect storm to occur for a rookie coach to work out with this squad. Just don't trust them not to get another coach buried through lack of effort or desire.

More than one assistant from the same club has been invited to present.

As long as that club isn't Carlton, that's okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re LOB, I'd like to see him tried in a role similar to Salem and Dale....he's a beautiful kick....not many others on our list I have more faith in with ball in hand. That kick executed regularly by Salem and Dale causes opposition teams a lot of problems and has been an issue for us.....🤔

You know how it'll go though...

Pyke overlooked
Blues fans: sh*t coach. Glad we didn't bring him on - single-handedly ruined the AFC with that camp.

Pyke gets the gig
Blues fans: Great coach with excellent record. Had nothing to do with that camp and was a scape goat.

Yep. Conversely, the media's take will inevitably be:

Pyke overlooked
Yet another experienced, well-credentialed GF coach rejects clueless Carlton.

Pyke gets the gig
Out-of-touch Blues choose training-camp monster who nearly destroyed a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back