Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note-

I can't listen to Gerard Whateley anymore. Have you ever had a phase where you just look at someone or hear their voice and you are slightly triggered for no other reason besides that they are just there in front of you?

I turned on 360 last night, the second he opened his mouth, I said nope, I can't listen to this and turned it off.

You can add the cash converters commercials with Cameron Ling to the list as well. I can't. :tearsofjoy:

Sorry for the interruption, you may continue.. 🤦‍♂️

ECurnow - Re-signed for 1yr :whitecheck:

Pittonet - Re-signed for 2 years :whitecheck:

Newman - Re-signed for 2 years :whitecheck:

2 🦆🦆 to go

Yep, the two big ones...

images

Side note-

I can't listen to Gerard Whateley anymore. Have you ever had a phase where you just look at someone or hear their voice and you are slightly triggered for no other reason besides that they are just there in front of you?

I turned on 360 last night, the second he opened his mouth, I said nope, I can't listen to this and turned it off.

You can add the cash converters commercials with Cameron Ling to the list as well. I can't. :tearsofjoy:

Happened to me too.
Best thing I did was drop Fox sport.
Unfortunately
I'm also triggered by BT and Brayshaw.
No doubt they'll get the GF call.
Hoping Jason Bennett gets at least one of the spots.

Both are Carlton.
Yeah, McClure openly shows his Carlton support, but is fairly level headed and isn't one-eyed.
Edmunds tends to hide his support and almost seems to go out of his way to criticise everything about the club. It's hard to tell if he actually believes what he says, or if he's just deliberately overcompensating so as not to seem one-eyed.

Maybe so, but still young and if developed surely it's a pathway for him....a player/type we need.
Fraser Brown v Lochie O'Brien at similar stages of their careers....

GamesWins-Draws-LossesKIMarksHBDIGLBHTKFFFA
215-0-161844411229648321218
4110-0-31381181168549118561530

Side note-

Insufferable psycophant is Whateley. I have the same general reaction to his voice (even my neighbour sets it off). Poor guy, just happens to sounds like him

Fraser Brown v Lochie O'Brien at similar stages of their careers....

GamesWins-Draws-LossesKIMarksHBDIGLBHTKFFFA
215-0-161844411229648321218
4110-0-31381181168549118561530

Simple experiment - get Dean Wallis down to PP immediately. Throw him the ball and have him run straight at LOB. If LOB stops him he gets a 1 year extension.

Re LOB, I'd like to see him tried in a role similar to Salem and Dale....he's a beautiful kick....not many others on our list I have more faith in with ball in hand. That kick executed regularly by Salem and Dale causes opposition teams a lot of problems and has been an issue for us.....🤔
He just can't defend, always gets dragged back and picked off 1 on 1. IMHO that's why he will never be the player we want him to be.

Yeah, McClure openly shows his Carlton support, but is fairly level headed and isn't one-eyed.
Edmunds tends to hide his support and almost seems to go out of his way to criticise everything about the club. It's hard to tell if he actually believes what he says, or if he's just deliberately overcompensating so as not to seem one-eyed.

Have def noticed that lately with Edmund.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple experiment - get Dean Wallis down to PP immediately. Throw him the ball and have him run straight at LOB. If LOB stops him he gets a 1 year extension.
Simple thought experiment for you. How old was Brown when he did that tackle?
Hint... a lot older than O'Brien is now...

So today I met a past players son. We got chatting a fair bit after he saw the Carlton Sticker on the back of my Ute. He didn’t give me much info other than Jennie Pratt has offered up to pay around 2m for clarko to come over. He said he doesn’t think clarko will be our coach and is leaning towards gia, but this was part was just his opinion. He has heard that a past player will come back to help the club, wouldn’t tell me who it was, just that it would a smile on a lot of fans faces....

Kemp and Silvagni I'd imagine, although where does that leave the 300 other out of contract players we have?

IMO JSOS will be next to re-sign.

There will be delistings from the list below.
All out of contract this year.

1. Jack Silvagni
4. Lochie O'Brien
5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
7. Matthew Kennedy (placed on Rookie List)
17. Brodie Kemp
32. Jack Newnes
33. Sam Ramsay
36. Josh Honey (2nd yr rookie)
39. Oscar McDonald (SSP Rookie)
40. Michael Gibbons (Promoted to Snr list)
44. Matthew Owies (Cat B International Rookie) - (to be retained as a Cat B Rookie)
46. Matthew Cottrell (2nd yr rookie)

What have you seen from LOB that suggest that he could ever be a good one on one defender?
who says he has to be? who says what we've seen now will be nothing compared to what we see in a year or two? there's rumours we are getting a new coach and a bunch of fresh assistants - lets get that rocket launcher left boot and add a bit of zing, bd20 - my optimism has only been re-affirmed by one d parish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back