Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we have it all wrong. Nobody is coming and Sam Walsh is going to be the youngest Captain-Coach in VFL/AFL history? - shortest half-time speech of all time - 'Just do what I do'
(if you listen closely, just as he kicks the goal there's a "f... yeah!")

er, johnny come lately, there is no need whatsoever to listen closely in order to pick up that "**** yeah" I heard it live and I was in a flotation tank in north sulawesi at the time........

Yeah, happy to put my hand up.

It's okay to admit when one is wrong (although granted I seem to get more things wrong than right these days). I was a bit influenced by some of the negative Crows fans said about him on their board, but I think it was SkyhorseTamer who told me I shouldn't listen to them, they are nuffies and after reading their shocking views on the Tex Walker incident, I think ST was right all along.

Was going back and watching some Crows replays whilst Pyke was coaching them and his game plan and tactics seem to me perfect for our club and our list, defintley a lot more defensively sounded than Teague's without throwing out Teague's attacking philosophy either.

And yes, also a bag fan of Gia, he will be a senior coach one day, his footy IQ is reported to be off the charts, and I think he would be a tremendous asset, even in an assitant capacity.

Feels like if this (hopefully) happens,.we are setting the foundations for cultural change and more professional performances from the players at our club.
I've never seen a worse place on this site than the Adelaide board. Some of their mods even get involved in stuff that's clearly against site rules. Pretty gross place. I like Pyke, think he was in a pretty tough spot there and still had a better than 60% win loss I think.

Sam Edmund going strong on our coaching prospects…

If he’s wrong then it would be unrecoverable for him to call himself a news breaking journalist.

Either someone has a massive agenda against him or he is spot on the money…

How do you know that is going to happen? Or is it just wishful thinking by you?

Well I probably should have started more clearly that if it happens that is cause for optimism.
Sometimes my enthusiasm gets the better of me, something I have to rein in.

The Brian Cook rumour does seem to have a lot more substance to it (if you believe Sam McClure)

I've never seen a worse place on this site than the Adelaide board. Some of their mods even get involved in stuff that's clearly against site rules. Pretty gross place. I like Pyke, think he was in a pretty tough spot there and still had a better than 60% win loss I think.
You know how it'll go though...

Pyke overlooked
Blues fans: Shit coach. Glad we didn't bring him on - single-handedly ruined the AFC with that camp.

Pyke gets the gig
Blues fans: Great coach with excellent record. Had nothing to do with that camp and was a scape goat.

Last edited:
NOTSOS was a troll (lucky/obvious guesses) but there was indeed some truths posted in there....
Alpha, I hope the truth was in the last post and not the 1st? As in Clarko and Cook are coming and Clarko did not turn us down a 4th time?

So let me get this straight, just for kicks and giggles ...

Last night Sayers called Clarko to ask him to reconsider for the fourth time. Clarko said no.

Some one from the club then rings Pyke and also Gia and offer them positions.

Someone calls/messages NotSos to tell them.

However .... drum roll...

Clarko calls Cook and through that discussion changes his mind (a conversation like that would have to last at least a couple of hours to change your mind completely and to discuss conditions)

Clarko writes a list of conditions after reconsidering based on his chat with Cook.

Clarko calls back with his list of conditions the next morning (wow, must have been up most of the night with the chat with Cook and writing conditions etc).

Someone from the club tells NotSos everything that has happened this morning.

We contact Pyke to redact our offer. Hope he hasn’t signed that contract yet 😮. Awks

We also called Gia to let him know that he will now be working with Clarko not Pyke and he is ok with that.

... and NotSos knows all of what has gone on in the last 12 hour. Wowsers!!! 🤪🤪🤪
Yep.
That's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Edmund going strong on our coaching prospects…

If he’s wrong then it would be unrecoverable for him to call himself a news breaking journalist.

Either someone has a massive agenda against him or he is spot on the money…

He said a couple of days ago that Chol would go to Essendon as a FA.

Made a few more blews/incorrect rumours in the past few weeks too.

I honestly don't see him having an agenda against the club being a passionate Carlton man himself, but geez, like myself has probably gone the early crow to early or just got bad Intel.

You know how it'll go though...

Pyke overlooked
Blues fans: sh*t coach. Glad we didn't bring him on - single-handedly ruined the AFC with that camp

Pyke gets the gig
Blues fans: Great coach with excellent record. Had nothing to do with that camp and was a scape goat.
Yep exactly right.

Honestly though, I don't think he will relocate from Sydney for anything short of a really special offer. Have heard he loves it

Sam Edmund saying on SEN with Dwayne .. Clarko, Lyon, Buckley and Scott all out that new coach wont be the big name, experienced coach the club wanted
Mum is Dad coming for dinner..... Hard to get a read on his movements. If he does he will be but if he is not it will be assumed he is not! Thanks Sam

I bought my partner one of their handbags............

Knowing our luck we will end up with the Shanghai market copy.

Like when my bro came back from India with what he thought were Ray Ban sunglasses. On closer inspection they were actually a pair of Roy Bon’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back