Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross was invited to go through the process - presentation, interviews, etc.

He felt as though, if the club wanted him, they shouldnā€™t be making him go through a process. They approached him, he didnā€™t apply for it.

My view - inclined to agree with Ross here. You either want him or you donā€™t. In the same way we approached Clarkson with an offer, if youā€™re approaching experienced coaches, youā€™re approaching them with an offer - not an interview request. Debacle.
Not buying this.
He even mentions a process in this video, so it's not that, in itself that apparently made him remove himself from picture.
I sense it likely has more to do with whom on coaching panel than any process itself...

I do not hear someone in this video thinking there was no process.... he mentions the word several times FFS...

Ross has pulled out of the process, but does that mean he doesnā€™t want the job?

Is there a world where we say **** the process letā€™s pitch an offer to Ross, and he says yes?

Weā€™re now married to the process and canā€™t backtrack.

Hiring Ross would mean we never intended to go through a process, or that we completed a process without success and caved to Ross who was able to circumvent it.

Either way, total ballsup by the club.

Look everyone will have their own view on this, but I think if youā€™re approaching a coach to coerce them out of (effectively) retirement, youā€™re not asking them to do that by entering a potentially lengthy job interview process. You either want them to come out of retirement and be your coach or youā€™re donā€™t. Strange decision for me.
to me demonstrates they weren't 100% sold on him to begin with, and wanted to run through a process.

Its not ideal that Lyon has withdrawn as we clearly were interested in him as a potential.

One last massive crack at Clarko and his a definite no, then I want Chris Scott with Brian Cook please

I canā€™t believe people donā€™t want Chris Scott. Would be an amazing choice.

why would he come to us tho

Chris Scott talk is getting louder ...

Iā€™d rather COVID.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what an absolute balls up!! this club is a shambles.
We've replaced one useless President with another exact clone. Maybe the bean counter should stick to what he knows best.
Quite simply If he cant deliver Clarkson then this will go down as one of the worst decisions i can remember (making Lyon go through a useless interview process) all for the sake of bullshit due diligence governance.

Just on Lyon pulling out of the race for the coaching role.

For weeks he has hypothetically or actually stated an interest in the role.

Whether he was second in line or even promised the position it would have come with some caveats. Everything comes with caveats of sorts.

Were talking about a about a $500,000 plus role in the biggest sport in Australia.

Surely even if Carlton changed the recruitment process, for the motivated candidate this wouldnt be the deterrent to pull out. And who knows whether with his experience he would have bypassed some of the recruitment processes.

If thatā€™s the reason he pulled out, then youā€™d have to question whether heā€™s the right candidate for the position.

Theres more to this from RTBā€™s and Carltonā€™s perspective.

Really fascinated to find out the whys and the end result (could it be Clarko or Pyke etc).

Eventually all this will blow over (just like Essendon saga last year or some other club issues every year) but hopefully from all of this we land a coach for the long term good of Carlton and not just their own ego.

Isn't this just classic us?

We obsess over individuals and saviours.

It was all 100% Clarko - whilst we still had a coach.

Then it was all 100% Ross - whilst we are talking about a selection process.

Now we've assembled a panel to run a process and we dunno who will coach us next, and we freak out.

Did the CLUB ever call their shot that it was Clarko or RTB or bust? Or was that the media? Or was that us, the fanbase?

If - and it's a big IF - we imagine for a second that the club knows what it's doing.... they haven't offered anyone the gig, nobody has said "no" because there is no offer, and the process is proceeding and will proceed until we have a coach. Everything else that we're reacting to would actually just be noise and media beat-up.

Hard to know who is reacting to who, though.

Of course the media reported it as a done deal with Lyon. He offers up that perfect combo of questions about his coaching/development ability and controversy due to his exit from Freo. He may have been on the shortlist but by touting him as the coach-to-be the media are able to create plenty of drama and generate talking points for months on end. They jump to whichever side gets the clicks. We saw it with Teague where they all said he should probably be sacked and then saying he was being hard done by. First we didnā€™t sack him early enough, now weā€™ve sacked him too early and people complain about that.

The team isnā€™t faultless and deserves no benefit of the doubt as a result of the last 15+ years, however nothing has been said by the board regarding any coaching offers. It has all been from the media side and people are now freaking out because media speculation didnā€™t come to pass because they donā€™t know anything.

Iā€™m glad that the messiah options arenā€™t there anymore and that we can finally be forced to run a proper process and assess who our next coach will be without skipping any steps this time.

But that flies in the face of what Sayers said that we want an experienced coach.
which he probably said when he thought Lyon was a lock if Clarkson said no

it would be embarrassing to change tact but surely all bets are off now - we have to consider other strategies including an untried coach with a senior mentor

d68210fdb9deb63ca91a1e1bb66ae3bc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back