Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were Liddle, how would you react to Cook publicly being head-hunted by Sayers? I think the board should have been a lot more discreet about Lyon and Cook.

I believe Cook has been approached, but that’s it, whether it’s to replace the CEO, I’m not sure, it doesn’t mean Liddle is leaving.

People seem to believe what they want, the review said, the football department was working well, that list management was doing a good job, Lloyd and Liddle are on the coaching panel, but all still think they are gone.

Has an ITK stated RTB was official plan B? For all we know that's just media talk and maybe was only our plan C, D or later and he has worked that out today? If that's the case and possibly plan A (Clarko) and plans B and C (coaching finals?) are still in play, I wouldn't be too bothered in that scenario. Only is an issue if you had your heart set on RTB.

What are you suggesting is plan B and C ?

Ross the Boss gives not a Toss

And that's ok, he is a Foss.
I've heard the goss, it might be Voss
But don't get cross when there is no SOS.

.....but when you know your death warrant is signed?
.....remember this is the guy who confected a story about conflict of interest to bone another employee

Yep the guy who the previous board supported and to date, the new board supports and who is on the coaching panel.

Those two have a hell of a lot to lose if Sayers found out they leaked.

Disagree with that.

He should still be made to prove he hasn’t lost touch tactically for instance.

Doesn’t need to be a proper interview but there should be due diligence completed.

Look everyone will have their own view on this, but I think if you’re approaching a coach to coerce them out of (effectively) retirement, you’re not asking them to do that by entering a potentially lengthy job interview process. You either want them to come out of retirement and be your coach or you’re don’t. Strange decision for me.

Ross has pulled out of the process, but does that mean he doesn’t want the job?

Is there a world where we say **** the process let’s pitch an offer to Ross, and he says yes?

And that's ok, he is a Foss.
I've heard the goss, it might be Voss
But don't get cross when there is no SOS.
Worst limerick ever. Come back with another line :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can make $$$ from this... put together a reality show The Bachelor style... 24 coaches in... Sayers gets to take them out on dates... etc... heck just make Teague apply he'd be close to a sure thing right now.

Who plays the part of the tall, dark and handsome pilot?

Isn't this just classic us?

We obsess over individuals and saviours.

It was all 100% Clarko - whilst we still had a coach.

Then it was all 100% Ross - whilst we are talking about a selection process.

Now we've assembled a panel to run a process and we dunno who will coach us next, and we freak out.

Did the CLUB ever call their shot that it was Clarko or RTB or bust? Or was that the media? Or was that us, the fanbase?

If - and it's a big IF - we imagine for a second that the club knows what it's doing.... they haven't offered anyone the gig, nobody has said "no" because there is no offer, and the process is proceeding and will proceed until we have a coach. Everything else that we're reacting to would actually just be noise and media beat-up.

Hard to know who is reacting to who, though.
I think your 'if' scenario is how I would read the current state of play, or there abouts.

What are you suggesting is plan B and C ?

I personally have NFI and was caught up believing it was Ross myself. Just wondering if the real story will come out after all of this that coach priority wasn't just 'Clarko, if not then get Ross' but possibly he was further down the list. Maybe a current or more recent coach is what those making decisions are working on? That would also explain 30 to 40 day timeline (if in finals currently) Just my thoughts on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back