Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this, but more so to address any external perception that we don't have a ticket for the merry-go-round - I suspect all the key players (prospective coaches and assistants) will have been engaged by now, so I don't know if any lack of public announcements would necessarily impact the chances of signing anyone.

What announcing Cook (all my fingers crossed) would do is perhaps quieten down the seagulls in the media who are filling the vacuum of Carlton news with sensationalist click-bait, as they do. Not many in the game are more respected than Cook - wouldn't think too many media types would speak ill of his appointment (...cue 'Carlton signs over-the-hill CEO to steady sinking ship' headlines).
Yes assistants are more likely dependant on the head coach being confirmed than CEO.

Geez we will be the Geelong of administration.

CEO - Cook (66 in Nov)
Head of Football - Balm (70 in Jan)

Coach - Parko?

View attachment 1235425
I don’t think RB was implying Balmey was heading to us…
More to the fact ol mate Sam Edmund has it all wrong just like he did with Balmey…
But Parko would be a great get😂

I bet Liddle gave that info about Fagan to Caro. I can’t imagine that Parko or Fagan did.
Every parent associated with the Junior footy club he coaches was given info about our club.

He bagged SOS to anyone that would listen and painted himself as the messiah.

Good riddance in my opinion.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Real Matthew Pavlich vibes here in the past two weeks ... and if the leaks have stopped like some are suggesting it surely stands to reason (if I'm being generous) that rumour posters on here are either FOS or are being fed BS.
I've wondered if barass70 has stopped posting for this reason.

A very easy way to see who's leaking is to feed a few individuals made up stories and see what gets out. If the made up story you gave person x is the one in the article then they're the leak. Simples.

Those smart enough to read the room would suspect this and shut up shop for a while, and b70 over time has seemed to be one of those. You don't be the most reliable rumour giver for a decade without knowing when to share and when to be quiet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody who says teachers are lazy etc...doesn't know what the Hell they are talking about. My younger brother is a high school English teacher at Killester College in Springvale and is absolutely loved by his students ( and their parents ) for his dedication to them. And I have often told him how lucky his students are to have him as their teacher - the kids absolutely adore him. When he was a private in the army in the late 90's his Commanding officer would routinely call him in to his office to teach him about World History. He's also a lifelong Dee so I'm hoping they can end their record drought for him next week!

The ol' brown cows!!!
Yep I went to school in that area, sometime ago now though lol.

Looking on the bright side, if the Clarko rumour doesn't eventuate, we will have a hell of a coach for our "shattered dreams" team, captained by Pav

My son has a Masters of Business, a Masters of Mechanical Engineering - He is a Major in the Army and has just turned 30. In his spare time he builds from scratch - boats, lathes, computer controlled CNC machines.......just about the smartest person I know.

His wife, my Daughter in Law, who together with my son has an 8 month old baby, was back playing competitive football when her son was just 4 months old, was working part-time when he was 6 months old, has accepted a full time role commencing next year.

She's the only person I know that is smarter than my son.

With her enter score she could have done anything she wanted to do. She choose to be a teacher -

She teachers Math & Science to years 11 & 12 students - She has worked with Indigenous children in the NT, she has worked at a prestigious Boarding School in the UK - She starts a full time role next year teaching at a prestigious Grammar School in Melbourne that she did her schooling at.

She's an inspiration to the old boy writing this.

You don't have the right to classify her or anyone else on your "misguided generalisations" (I'm being nice)
I love your pride. My daughter could have taught in any school she wanted to, and chose the challenge of teaching in one of the poorest schools in London to a bunch of really tough kids, who had so little money their only meals were the ones they had at school. She taught beautifully and loved them and they loved her back - and she also follows Carlton! How lucky am I.

Bring Back Liddle
9e26d27640a92d169a0d2a38e76f06a2.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back