Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to put two and two together from what’s been posted, and probably end up with five. No, Cook won’t be a part of the coaching selection process. But he also doesn’t need to be, because he already knows who we are bringing on board.

I share this belief.
IF Cook isn’t starting until October it’s because it’s al in place IMO. He is coming for the day challenge of sorting this mess -he is not going to leave the kids in the art gallery with the textas til October. IF we don’t have a coach in place Cook would not be foolish enough not to be part of the process.

Chris Scott: "Never got to the point where we had discussions" - need more proof that the media just make stuff up..

Sayers to that flog barret
Loving how the club has kept their cards close to their chest.

Could be the start of a unified club. Perhaps Sayers and Cook (Greg Williams too) will finally get everyone on the same page.
I feel like its the start of something special regardless of who the coach is.

These guys command respect and are the no bull sh*t types we have been craving.
Not like MLG and Liddle.

I feel like we are finally on the right track.

Todays signings another bonus.

Just seems to me that the power brokers have all woken up. They have had their way with the club the last 20 odd years and even if they have had good intentions have failed dismally.

Its just starting to look like a 180 turn, get the best into the right positions, draw a line in the sand and start acting the way successful clubs act.

Sayers as President, so far, has been the silent assassin. Hiding in the shadows, terminating the leakers and hitting his targets. Cook wouldnt have come on board unless he knew there had been a paradigm shift in our thinking and knew he could be an instrument of change for the positive. Diesel coming on board and that interview showed that shift. Cool, calm and collected .... we have done **** all for 25 years, the standards have slipped, players need to lift or GTGO. He just put it nicer but I think everyone got the memo.

It a new dawn, it's a new day ... and for the first time in forever the fish is sushi fresh without a smidgen of rot in the head.

Happy, happy, joy, joy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I share this belief.
IF Cook isn’t starting until October it’s because it’s al in place IMO. He is coming for the day challenge of sorting this mess -he is not going to leave the kids in the art gallery with the textas til October. IF we don’t have a coach in place Cook would not be foolish enough not to be part of the process.
I'm hoping you're right.

Another possiblity is that his contract with the Cats remains on foot so he needed to give 4 weeks' notice (or this is the compromise notice period he struck with the cats), which happens to finish mid Oct. In that scenario, although he can't officially start with us until that time, I do think he will be working in the background between whatever Cats handover that remains. Part of that would be coach selection.

Pure speculation but it's another possiblity

Last edited:
If he says yes then forget Gia.
I feel so much more at peace with the coach appointment now that Cook is on board. Obviously Clarko would be incredible but I feel that whoever it will be will be will be the right choice.

I don’t know much about the coaching credentials of Gia but from what a lot of posters are saying about him, we would be in good hands with him.
Let’s go Blues 💙

I’m one of the biggest critics of those clowns. But up if they met the requirements for an EGM under the constitution, there’d better be solid legal grounds for denying them.
Carlton Now being a bunch of numpties and trying to use personal agendas in the name of "democracy".
Only about 10-15 people care about them anyway, we should be fine.

Vince's Notice was defective. I've seen it (Vince posted it on FB) and agree.

He's an absolute muppet as he is still harping the same things from 2 months ago and has no plan or clue. Still hasn't prepped a ticket.

Whoever we get as coach will be well supported by strong and passionate leaders in Sayers, Cook and Diesel. The Cook appointment especially should give us comfort that we will select a strong candidate and have in place structures to allow them to succeed.
Yesterday was a great day for our club.

So no Clarko ☹
There is a chance that Clarkson takes an advisory role.
Director of Coaching: Clarkson - with part of his salary sitting outside the soft cap as its for taking classes as a lecturer/mentor in the Carlton College of Sport program. This would also pad out his CV which could assist his application for the overseas course he wishes to complete.
Head Coach: Gia

Surround with a strong team of assistants who wish to learn under Clarkson.

Could be an outcome that gives us Clarkson's coaching smarts, but empowers a longer term Head Coach and frees Clarkson up to make good cash in 2022, and have good future options.

It was clear how much Bolton's coaching suffered when Neil Craig departed, and Teague never had a senior mentor on the ground to help, with the club only tapping Worsfold for zoom calls after the ship had sailed.

There is a chance that Clarkson takes an advisory role.
Director of Coaching: Clarkson - with part of his salary sitting outside the soft cap as its for taking classes as a lecturer/mentor in the Carlton College of Sport program. This would also pad out his CV which could assist his application for the overseas course he wishes to complete.
Head Coach: Gia

Surround with a strong team of assistants who wish to learn under Clarkson.

Could be an outcome that gives us Clarkson's coaching smarts, but empowers a longer term Head Coach and frees Clarkson up to make good cash in 2022, and have good future options.

It was clear how much Bolton's coaching suffered when Neil Craig departed, and Teague never had a senior mentor on the ground to help, with the club only tapping Worsfold for zoom calls after the ship had sailed.
I like the way you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back