Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I believe getting Clarkson would turbo charge our ascent, I don't understand why the hate for Voss. He was a senior coach ten years ago, straight of the game, pretty much. No experience.

Bomber Thompson didn't show amazing signs in his first few years at the Cats, things seemed to change with a cultural change instigated by Cook. Scott came and won a flag off that culture and the Cats have been inexplicably hanging around the top ever since. That's culture and professionalism.

I don't think getting the perfect head coach is the be all and end all. Great coaches can grow organically in the right settings, which is why we wanted Cook.

Although I believe getting Clarkson would turbo charge our ascent, I don't understand why the hate for Voss. He was a senior coach ten years ago, straight of the game, pretty much. No experience.

Bomber Thompson didn't show amazing signs in his first few years at the Cats, things seemed to change with a cultural change instigated by Cook. Scott came and won a flag off that culture and the Cats have been inexplicably hanging around the top ever since. That's culture and professionalism.

I don't think getting the perfect head coach is the be all and end all. Great coaches can grow organically in the right settings, which is why we wanted Cook.

I'll repeat, the concern most people have is that since he got sacked by the Lions, he's spent his entire time at Port Adelaide under Hinkley. One club, one coach, and not even one that has made a Grand Final, let alone won a premiership.

I think we'd all be a little more at ease if he had also spent a few years under Clarkson for example, or at the Tigers under Hardwick while they were dominating the AFL. Even Beverage at the Dogs. If he'd done that, we'd feel he knows what a successful environment and gameplan looks like.

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:. how the F are we going to manage during trade period. No leaks and nothing else to do but analyse all the hypothetical mathematical trade and pick swap formula's from some of the trade professors on this board will be the death of me.

Club "we are chasing Cerra, Hewett and Riccardi." 2 weeks later we either land Cerra, Hewett and Riccardi or don't. Booooooooring.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain why? Serious Question.

Preferably without crazy vossy, shambles, go home 5 etc.
those are factors for me - whether people like to hear that or not - Also, we were told no more training wheels, no more untried coaches, I understand he has coached before but he didn't do a very good job of it, players left, there has been reports that he was a very angry coach who didn't have any other options then screaming and having tantrums. We go after Voss when someone like Ross Lyon is available, Clarkson, Chris Scott, yet we are left with what's left at the bottom of the barrel again, we sacked Teague because he lost the players, well Voss lost the players at Brisbane too, looks like another coach we can sack in two years.

Fantastic....

RedPill pretty adamant now…

B70 also said Voss was a strong chance. Now media reports from the likes of Tom Morris...

We'll have to get our heads around the likelihood of Voss being our coach. Hopefully we get a good support team of assistants.

I'll back in Diesel/Cook if they think Voss is the man even if I'm not thrilled. Maybe he can be the 'people management' head coach, while we get some assistants with really high tactical nous to help that side of things. He'd probably accept a fairly low wage for a senior coach given he seems really keen on the opportunity itself rather than $$$, which means affording better assistants.

I'd wager most of the anti-Voss sentiment would have very little research behind it (in many cases, not all).

Here's a snipit of Voss talking about his mindset and achievements and culture. On paper, his values align with what Cook stands for. If he has indeed grown (very likely) and has developed his coaching skills, and can bring some winning culture from Port and his Lions playing days... its not a stretch to see why the panel has him as a front-runner (Clarko aside).

It's easy to say "I'm turfing my membership if he's appointed" or "I can't support Voss" but you all know that you'll be still following the club come Round 1, 2022. As I've said: I'm backing the panel and Cook to get the best man for the job.

I'm open to Vossy as Head Coach if Cooky, Diesel and Parkin support the appointment. End of the day, they know a shit load more than any of us.

Voss was 34 when he was given the job at Brisbane, you'd be stupid not to take it on, got burnt being so young and out of the game for 2yrs then top that off with Brisbane trying to hang onto players that played in the 3peat and kids that wanted to go back to their home state.

7yrs as an understudy and gets another go at it with a team primed to make a launch on the 8. Sayers got Cook and managed to rid us of Liddle, we'll be right. Get the right assistants around Vossy. Go Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back