Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its the trajectory and performance that's relevant though. When you stack Cerra up against Dow this season, you can clearly see that Cerra is improving at a similar pace to a player like Petracca who many forget was a slow burn for the Dees.

Over their career, Dow and Cerra have similar overall stats, but for the latest season, there is a clear gap in performance.
If you think Cerra has the same upside as Petracca than I am convinced you have never seen Cerra play.

Sure, I'll try to "do better" next time.

:rolleyes:

The technicality here is you trying to claim that we gave up a pick we never possessed, and was never on the table until midway through our negotiations for McGovern.

No club is going to go that far in trying to secure a player, only to cut them loose halfway through trade week because an opportunity came up to get a draft pick instead.
Adelaide obtained pick 13 for McGovern regardless. I might be forgetting someone but we haven't won any trade to bring in a player since Docherty?

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence we will win this one with cerra.

At this point, the Gov trade looks bad. Very bad. That's the case whether it was a first round pick or pretty close to it. What we exactly gave up a number of years ago under a very different administration is irrelevant in my mind. It also shouldn't be a surprise that not all trades work out for both teams

Or we can pick up a McCrae with Pick 6
mate pick 6 is literally known as the cursed draft pick. stephenson SPS, aaron francis, marchbank, scharenberg, then Macrae a good one, wingard, conca roohan yarran myers thorp dowler, tom williams, kepler bradley the list goes on haha pick 6 is a horrendous pick - id take cerra and run with that history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate pick 6 is literally known as the cursed draft pick. stephenson SPS, aaron francis, marchbank, scharenberg, then Macrae a good one, wingard, conca roohan yarran myers thorp dowler, tom williams, kepler bradley the list goes on haha pick 6 is a horrendous pick - id take cerra and run with that history
Didn't we use 6 on Murray Vance?

Adelaide obtained pick 13 for McGovern regardless. I might be forgetting someone but we haven't won any trade to bring in a player since Docherty?

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence we will win this one with cerra.

We traded a second round pick received for Troy Menzel plus Geelong's 2016 first (pick 15ish) for 2015 pick 10 (McKay), Plowman, Phillips, Lamb, and Sumner. If that's not a win I don't know what is.

So what's your point exactly?
you post one comment have about 10 people go off on tangents based on 1 word they decide to pick out and then 10 more pick 1 word from your reply to do the same with.

End result, I can't even remember what my original point was or why I'm bothering with any of these discussions. Think I was just bored at work wanting to fill in 5mins tbh.

What about the demons with May and Lever? How many previous finals series there
I don't believe we are at the same point in our rebuild as Richmond, Mebourne and yet our fan base supports the whoring of first round pics to satisfy the need for instant gratification. This has the echoes of dancing around the Teague train

If you think Cerra has the same upside as Petracca than I am convinced you have never seen Cerra play.
I'm not saying that Cerra and Petracca will be the same player, and I'm not even saying that Cerra will get to the level of Petracca. What I am highlighting is that Petracca wasnt putting out the output he is now when he was Cerra's age and that Cerra has a good line of growth in his stats.

Cerra doesnt have the size to dominate, but he does have a pretty handy kick on him.

I think you’re really underrating Stephenson here, same draft, averaged just over 19 disposals a game this year, same amount of tackles as Cerra, Stephenson however already has 93 goals to his name, Cerra has 16.

Both would be fantastic for us and I still can’t believe the lack of interest in him from our end, he’s a really good player.

Lot of off field baggage though, heart condition, gambling suspension at pies then this offseason he's got drunk and crashed a bike, fracturing his hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back