Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure where you have been hiding but the vax is mandatory in Victoria to continue work. Football=job

No it’s not, if you’re in jobs with contact with the public absolutely it’s mandatory if not then it isn’t at all.

My work is allowing non vaccinated people to come into work however, they will need to get tested 2-3 times a week in their own time and produce a negative result before going through the security gates.
Not being vaccinated is not an excuse to not go into the office, our business has decided on minimum 3 days in the office a week which is perfectly reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t be so sure of that. I know first hand of someone who is terminally ill that is against the mandatory vax and 💯 pro choice

If being 'pro-choice' is to the detriment of the health of those around them, those people are free to pack up and live off-the-grid/remotely. Part of being a member of a society/civilisation/group of people is conforming to the established rules which are in place to protect the population.

Im not sure where you have been hiding but the vax is mandatory in Victoria to continue work. Football=job
Hard hats are mandatory on job sites.

Seat belts are mandatory in cars.

Doesn't mean you have to wear a hard hat if you don't go onto job sites.

Don't have to get the jab if you don't want to work.

Everyone has a responsibility to people around them and the wider community. Living in a society means there is a social contract and there are certain rules that one must abide by to be a part of that society. If one does not want to abide by those rules, then there should be no expectation to partake in the advantages that society provides.

Making a choice for yourself is no excuse to put others at risk.

To bring it back to football. If you want to play footy and get paid 5-10 times what the average Joe earns, then get the freaking jab.

If being 'pro-choice' is to the detriment of the health of those around them, those people are free to pack up and live off-the-grid/remotely. Part of being a member of a society/civilisation/group of people is conforming to the established rules which are in place to protect the population.

100% this. “Pro Choice” is absolutely fine for decisions whose consequences impact you and you alone. A pandemic is simply not a situation where that lens is possible. Workable solutions are delivered only via collective action.

It’s incredible to me how so much vaccine hesitancy is down to people not wanting to be told what to do. Bunch of 4yo children, at least the mentality has as much depth as my 4yo.

So, err, just how good is Lewis Young?
Hopefully, Lewis Gun.

100% this. “Pro Choice” is absolutely fine for decisions whose consequences impact you and you alone. A pandemic is simply not a situation where that lens is possible. Workable solutions are delivered only via collective action.

It’s incredible to me how so much vaccine hesitancy is down to people not wanting to be told what to do. Bunch of 4yo children, at least the mentality has as much depth as my 4yo.
Plus, this isn't new... We've had mandatory vaccinations in Victoria for ages. Why the fuss about this one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know him personally but I’d say he will most likely bite the bullet and get it done. As a leader of the Carlton football club he should be the first to put his hand up.
But if he doesn’t and doesn’t play will that change out draft selections

They don’t get the shot, they don’t play.

Simple.
Forgetting the pros and cons of vaccination, I agree with you on this.

These are the rules that the AFL have put in place and the players need to adhere to them. AFL players have many requirements placed on them to play at that level, I just see this as another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back