Blues face Cloke payout

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ron-cloke-payout/story-e6frf9jf-1225798406953

CARLTON'S decision to recall Cameron Cloke for its elimination final against the Brisbane Lions could cost it a six-figure contract payout.

Cloke's father David :mad: confirmed yesterday that his son had a contract with the Blues for 2010, which was triggered when he reached 10 games in the elimination final at the Gabba.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ron-cloke-payout/story-e6frf9jf-1225798406953

David Cloke is an idiot who is most likely way off the mark, even if he's not, we've got room in the cap. No wonder no one likes Cam when that fool is representing him.

The size of Cloke's contract is not known, but the average AFL player makes $230,000 a season.

What about the below average ones?

he has got every right to screw the club...

i'm sure there are plenty of below average workers that had taken their employers to task over being sacked...

still he is a ****-stick, but got the right to squeeze every last penny...

The way I read the article is that if Cloke is overlooked in the National or PSD, then we would have to pay out his contract.

As ericpascoe mentioned in another thread, we may have to redraft him as a mature age rookie if no other club selects him. It has something to do with TPP rules as to which year the payment will be included in.

Salary cap & TPP rules so damn confusing :confused:

Heard Cloke will be having talks with the Hawks next week.

The way I read the article is that if Cloke is overlooked in the National or PSD, then we would have to pay out his contract.

As ericpascoe mentioned in another thread, we may have to redraft him as a mature age rookie if no other club selects him. It has something to do with TPP rules as to which year the payment will be included in.

Salary cap & TPP rules so damn confusing :confused:

Heard Cloke will be having talks with the Hawks next week.

Here 'tis

Lets say nobody else picks up Cloke

If we dont redraft him, we pay out 2010, and it goes on to this years TPP (big problem)

If we do redraft him, we pay out 2010, and it goes on to next years TPP (no problem).

If someone else drafts him, they pick up his contract, and it goes on to their TPP.

See, simple:p

Here 'tis

If we dont redraft him, we pay out 2010, and it goes on to this years TPP (big problem)

If we do redraft him, we pay out 2010, and it goes on to next years TPP (no problem).

If someone else drafts him, they pick up his contract, and it goes on to their TPP.

Hopefully this will be the outcome that best suits the club :thumbsu:

Here 'tis

Are you calling me simple :( :p

Here 'tis

EP, I thought, because he was contracted to us and we delisted him, we would have to pay at least a portion of his wage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no issues with Cloke getting his money for next year, he had a contract and was delisted so is entitled to his payout.
If he was on say $100,000 next year and he got picked up as a rookie by another club next year and earns $80,000 then Carlton has to make up the difference, so we would pay $20,000.
It is still possible that Carlton may pick him up as a rookie.

I have no issues with Cloke getting his money for next year, he had a contract and was delisted so is entitled to his payout.
If he was on say $100,000 next year and he got picked up as a rookie by another club next year and earns $80,000 then Carlton has to make up the difference, so we would pay $20,000.
Yes.

It is possible that we can still pick him up as a rookie.

EP, I thought, because he was contracted to us and we delisted him, we would have to pay at least a portion of his wage?

Only if they pay him less than we were going to - we would have to pay the balance. But I think this has all been "coreographed" - they want him, happy to pay, he's happy to go, we're happy to let him etc..

Only if they pay him less than we were going to - we would have to pay the balance. But I think this has all been "coreographed" - they want him, happy to pay, he's happy to go, we're happy to let him etc..

He could very well end up at either Port Adelaide or Hawthorn via the PSD. He was in Adelaide yesterday, and is going to meet with Hawthorn soon. Not really fussed what the outcome is with Cam. Although I will say that he could feel a bit annoyed with the club given that he has a contract for next year.

I agree 100%. As much of a dropkick some of you think he was, he tried his guts out and probably gave us more mileage than Bryan gave to the Scum.

Cloke would get dropped but worked damn hard in the Magoos to get back in the senior side. He's tried harder than Fisher and some of the other bums who we still have on our list.

But it would be good if Port picked him up, he'd do alright at that rabble.

This whole thing doesn't make sense. Firstly, if they pay him out surely they'd make sure there's room in the salary cap before they do that. And secondly, if you're going to go to the trouble and expense to get rid of him, why replace him with someone like Maguire? From the way Ratten spoke, he's an almost certain PSD selection. There seems to be a lot of personality based decisions made this pre-season.

:)

I agree 100%. As much of a dropkick some of you think he was, he tried his guts out and probably gave us more mileage than Bryan gave to the Scum.

Cloke would get dropped but worked damn hard in the Magoos to get back in the senior side. He's tried harder than Fisher and some of the other bums who we still have on our list.

But it would be good if Port picked him up, he'd do alright at that rabble.

This is no longer enough at Carlton 2010.

Does his contract extension clause stipulate 2010 remuneration?

Does his contract extension clause stipulate 2010 remuneration?

"The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part."

"The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."

"If any of the parties participating in this contract is shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."
:p

isn't the clause saying that it's only an option for us to extend his contract to a 3rd year if he had played 10 games? Just like the The club still have the upper hand in deciding if we want him or not? Now that we don't want him anymore, why do we still need to pay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues face Cloke payout

Remove this Banner Ad

Back