Blues politics and stereotypes are wearing thin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Onya Bee

Our presence is getting stronger. We should soon have our own board.

I am basically posting this to get to the 100 replies mark for this topic.

I would like to thank the Essendon fans that have contributed to our popularity. Obviously you do rate Carlton for you to come out and deny it so vehemently.

I don't know how many Blues fans have e-mailed Bluey but make sure you do. This is a good stepping stone for us on Big Footy.

------------------
mens sana in corpore sano - a sound mind in a sound body

odnb
I have emailed Bluey. I'm not sure how many others have though. God, I wish you had been here a couple of weeks ago. I was the only Blues fan here and I had to fend off all the salary cap flak by myself.
smile.gif

------------------
The Blues. The Best in the business.

Sorry Bee

I had bugger all internet hours to play with and my defacto was getting most upset that I was clocking up the bills. Have upped the plan now and will remain as long as my PC does!

I work with Danni (the lions) and she had printed me off some of those responses to the salary cap. The issue seems to have died quickly. Perhaps if we win it next year, it will resurface? Or maybe people know that an overpayment to an established player through a misinterpretation is not quite as bad as recruiting future stars with no room left in the salary cap!

Before you Bombers and Dees write in, this is tongue in cheek. Pre-big footy, I have not been privy to the details of the breaches.

------------------

Originally posted by Michele:

PS You didn't respond to my question; would Essendon have won 24-1 with injuries to players and less good luck?

We probably wouldn't have gone 24-1. Injuries are related to wins. What's your point ?

Originally posted by Shinboners:

1. Reply to Old Lion on comments regarding Fitzroy as a club that was clogging up the national competition.

2. Reply to Old Dark Navy's comments on Carlton never having won the wooden spoon.

[/QUOTE

1.) They were clogging up the competition, and it was in their best interests that they merged. Both clubs have benefiited from the merger. In some ways they have lost things, sure. But they have also gained a hell of a lot too. 11 teams in Melbourne is too much; we have gone over that.

2.) True, Carlton have never "won" a wooden spoon, which is a proud record. Although I did previously say that it was lucky St.Kilda lost their first 48 games over 3 seasons, because Carlton was the second-worst side in the comp, every year for the first 5 years of the VFL. It was only St.KIlda's incompetence that allowed the Blues to finish above them. Still, it's a mighty proud record. Gee Shinners, do you expect Essendon to hold every single record, or something ? We can't hold every possible record !!!!

Originally posted by Shinboners:
Michelle

Dan24 is an illusionist that creates preliminary final victories even though his boys finished the game with the lower score.

Um, what does this mean ? When have I ever "created" (as you put it) a preliminary final victory ??????

I have said from time to time that Essendon were a better side than North Melbourne, that year as many Kangaroo supporters themselves would attest. Perhaps that made the win swetter for North, since they knew they weren't the best. I suppose they get the last laugh cause they won the GF, but that doesn't mean you are the best.

I don't really want to start my "top spot" ramblings again, telling you, and others, why it is harder to finish on top, since you have to be the best over 6 months not just 3 matches (like the Grand Final winner). But you know my feeling on that.

I have never denied North's premiership. I have simply stated they weren't the best team. The best team doens't always win the Grand Final, as you well know. Upsets happen in football, and they can happen in a final, just as often as they can happen in a Home and away match.

To say the best team team ALWAYS wins the Grand Final, would imply that upsets don't happen in finals. Well upsets DO happen, so this means, that the best team doesn't always win. Sometimes, but not always.

Originally posted by Bee:
Dan, as much as I hate to sink to your level.
I will explain points 11 & 12. But you will still argue with me.

11. Queing up for gf tickets. I would suppose that any team that had only lost one all year would have the right to be confident enough that a place in the GF was theirs. This no doubt would explain why Essendon lined up so early.

12. Draw a crowd of 12,000. Okay so that may be small but maybe the reason is Carlton don't have a lot of teeny bopper girls who go to check out a players arse. That is what fills your stadium. Nothing to really brag about.
Oh and BTW our president isn't a criminal either. A criminal is someone who is convicted of a crime. Jack had not been convicted of a crime. And one more thing. How can you call that "plastic fantastic" a home ground, you share it! It isn't yours. You do what the AFL tell you to do. Take a leaf out of Carltons book and stand up to them. And this is the last time I am going to drag out reasons why Carlton are better than Essendon. Carlton do not have to prove anything.
But to be totally fair to you Dan. I will tell you this truthfully. The '93 GF loss hurt so much and humiliated me so much I spent the night at the so called celebrations crying. But '99 did not hurt at all, well not very much.
Why? Because it was a bonus just to be there. I did not think we would win the prelim. But guess what? I still went. So don't dare tell me I am a disloyal supporter who only attends matches that are certain victories.

Those replies don't cut it with me. The tenny bopper supporters you refer to, attended games at ana average of 50,000 over 22 weeks in 1997. We finisehd 14th in 1997. Hardly bandwagon supporters. We are remarkably consistent with our crowds even in poor underachieving years lke 1997-1998

I remember 1997, in Round 17. We entered the match against Port at the MCG with a 6-10 record, and we had suffered a massive loss to your Blue-Boys the previous week at the MCG (it was the last time you beat us in a H&A match, actually)

We were playng Port, and we drew 34,000 on a cold Friday night. Remember we were 6-10, playing an interstate team, and we were out of finals contention. In Round 5 2000, Carlton were IN finals contention, had played in the previous years Grand Final, but could draw only 12,000 against Port. Pathetic. That's called jumping off the nbandwagon, if i've ever seen it.

As for the GF ticket queueing, I don't recall Carlton members queing up a week in advance in 1995, to ensure they got a seat ? Maybe I'm wrong, but the lack of faith of Carlton is terible. They love to gloat when they win, or are in front, but when they are behind, or losing, they go to sleep. The 12,000 against Port is a perfect example of this.

It's true.

You know what, Dan?
You can quote Carlton facts and stats better than most Carlton supporters. You really do have an obsession with us, don't you?
How much research have you done on us?
I don't regard Essendon highly enough to be bothered spending the time on them.

------------------

Don't call it an obsession with Carlton, Bee. Far from it. Call it an obsession with football. I'm interested in the football history of all clubs, and that even includes Carlton.

You guys have cracked the ton, congrats. I'd hate to see what happens when you're replying about a team you care about, hey Blue fans
biggrin.gif
. Dan was nearly (I said nearly) overwhelmed by weight of replies
smile.gif

I'm curious when do you think the Blues will start caring about the Bombers and who is worthy of your interest in the league?

Cheers.

[This message has been edited by RICE80SF (edited 16 November 2000).]

If this is how much emotion is shown by supporters in the off season, I can't wait until the 2001 season gets under way.

Ricey, I don't care what other clubs do. My sole interest is with my beloved Blues.

------------------

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dan24:

As for the GF ticket queueing, I don't recall Carlton members queing up a week in advance in 1995, to ensure they got a seat ? Maybe I'm wrong, but the lack of faith of Carlton is terible. They love to gloat when they win, or are in front, but when they are behind, or losing, they go to sleep. The 12,000 against Port is a perfect example of this.

I thought we had buried this bone. I've got piles of dirt all over the place cos it keeps getting dug up.

I would think that it would be an infinitely more intelligent person that knows when to hold them and knows when to fold them. If you struggle should you just keep shouting your merits from the rooftops in spite of the facts. That would look stupid and arrogant.

Maybe we didn't queue a week in advance for 95 GF tickets. Maybe we respected the Kangaroos and didn't want to count our chickens before they hatched. See, we do expect to win most games we play. Even the 99 Prelim, I knew that the Blues were capable of finding something special against their old rivals but we don't all take it for granted. If Essendon shared your attitude and lack of respect for the chances of other teams, they would surely fail.

You can make observations all you like about crowds and queues. The truth is you don't know the reasons behind it either. You can only speculate in as negative a way as possible. These observations of yours are not fact unless Carlton supporters confirm them.

Okay, now I'll put a boulder on top of the mound. There, that oughta hold 'em!!!

------------------

Originally posted by RICE80SF:
You guys have cracked the ton, congrats. I'd hate to see what happens when you're replying about a team you care about, hey Blue fans
biggrin.gif
. Dan was nearly (I said nearly) overwhelmed by weight of replies
smile.gif

I'm curious when do you think the Blues will start caring about the Bombers and who is worthy of your interest in the league?

Sorry Ricey, we WERE replying about a team we care about. In case you didn't notice, this post IS about Carlton. We didn't spend anywhere near as much time talking about Essendon as Dan did about Carlton.

As for caring for other clubs. I care about footy and the AFL in general. If matters affecting another club have a detrimental effect on that, then I care. Let's have no doubts, on the field we are all rivals but as long as you can show respect for all footy fans and their place in the game, you are doing the game no harm.

Now, help me move this bloody rock back over this topic will ya???

------------------

[This message has been edited by The Old Dark Navy's (edited 16 November 2000).]

Hahaha Let's go back in time. Months ago. Same old people talking the same old crap.

At least this topic is valid.

How can you keep bringing up Don Bradman? Are you sure you're not really John Howard in disguise Dan?

Originally posted by Dan24:
Bee,

How can you bring up Paul Keating ? Yes, he was arrogant, but this wasn't admirable. As Don Bradman said: "Arrogance is tolerated, but never admired"

Anyway, sport is different. Sport is about giving respect to your opponent and all that crap.

You, little girl, seem to be the one who keeps coming back for more. You seem awfully jealous that another club now holds the premiership record. And yes, Bee we DO hold the record. 16 flags in 102 seasons is BETTER than 16 in 104 seasons. We have won our 16 in 2 less years than you. Ha ha ha ha

If that doesn't settle the argument, nothing will. We have more supporters, a better premiership strike rate, a better recent history, we play at the two best stadiums in Australia (not a dump like Optus Oval, which aritifically increases their win-loss record, yet they still can't match Essendon !) AND we are the reigning premiers.

Carlton are nothing but filth, who "claim" arrogance to make them feel good. Keep saying you are arrogant. If that makes you feel better and make you feel like a "big" girl, then keep it up.

I'll just keep pointing to the scoreboard.

Oh, and I don't have a signature. I just added it in, on my last post. Carlton want to be like Essendon, but they fail on every level. Name one thing that Carlton has above Essendon at the moment ? Nothing.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

[This message has been edited by Dan24 (edited 14 November 2000).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues politics and stereotypes are wearing thin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back