Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Still don't want Clarko.

I just can't stomach it. After spending my 20's hating the guts out of him and Hawthorn...do I have the neuroplasticity to get around him? I don't think I could see it as "our" success, it would be "his".

Feel like that girl who has to take Naploleon Dynamite to the prom...
for me i had enough respect that i liked the clarkson hawks.
they were quality in their competitiveness and ruthlessness. i hope that's what's to come for us.

a brand of run through walls to win games of football.
Where it's physical, intimidating and quality.

Also, 3peat would be nice.

Have been here before. Hird / Bomber was as big a get. Took us nowhere. Of course I hope it works out but it’s far from a certainty. Clarkson being a bust is very much a possibility.

Ah well, here we go again
well that's simply not true

it took us to the lowest points in the clubs history and probably any vfl/afl clubs history except for straight out fold/merge/relocation

I think Truck is gone by tomorrow.
I thought it would be today, but you're surely untenable now.
Really poor result. Two board meetings in less than 24 hours. Leaks that you're gone on the back of it. Not quite done yet, CEO confirms you're coach now but more to review.

Barham probably backs Campbell as he would have had a hand in extending him
Rutten goes. I reckon Caracella is off to GWS.
Dodoro v Mahoney. you pick that one. I have NFI

Question becomes -> do we throw what we can at Clarkson to sell "hope" again to the masses. Or is it time we do a proper process
Both have failed us (Knights & Hird/Bomber)
Sadly, I agree. With Brasher gone, I don't see how Truck survives. Campbell should be gone as well.

Barham is interesting. If he was in favour of an external review, would he also be opposed to parachuting a coach in? If he's fair dinkum about the integrity of process, Clarko is invited to apply... or that doesn't apply to Clarko.

Not only that, but no one would question it. If Rutten had dropped Parish there'd be an outcry.

If he told the head of the football department that x, y and z were *ed and needed to be changed it'd get done. No one at our shitty club that's done nothing of note (except get a bunch of players banned by WADA) in the last 20 years is going to push back against someone like Clarkson.
Not even if he is in his 2nd year a achieving the same results as Truck?

Where does the club go if this doesn't work out? Sheeds turned our club around and turned us into a powerful club again, Clarkson will need to do the same.

for me i had enough respect that i liked the clarkson hawks.
they were quality in their competitiveness and ruthlessness. i hope that's what's to come for us.

a brand of run through walls to win games of football.
Where it's physical, intimidating and quality.

Also, 3peat would be nice.
One of the things that was impressive about the Clarkson hawks was their skills across the board, particularly by foot - our list has a fair way to go I reckon

Correct me if I’m wrong but was it Campbell that got Rutten to Essendon without a rigorous process of his suitability as senior coach?
If so, and Brasher falls on his sword, why is Xavier still there? Dodoro still there also? Im super confused.
yep, the common denominator or our last 15 years are being completely avoided

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I’m wrong but was it Campbell that got Rutten to Essendon without a rigorous process of his suitability as senior coach?
If so, and Brasher falls on his sword, why is Xavier still there? Dodoro still there also? Im super confused.
Give it a couple of weeks. think you will see the end of them too.

lol man you are bonkers. yesterday wouldn't even be in the worst 20 games in the post-sheedy era. the bulldogs kicked a million goals in a row against us once.
The fact there is plenty of scope for reasonable debate on the topic of crappiest performance of the last 20 years says plenty on where we find ourselves

Am I the only one who thinks “due process” is overrated? To think we would follow “due process” and then arrive at a decision that another coach is more qualified and suited is ridiculous to me. Clarkson has the runs on the board and that is clear for all to see. Who else would even come remotely close?

That said, I honestly feel bad for rutten. I would have liked to see him continue and succeed and don’t think he really got a good shot at it. I really hope he continues in coaching if it’s not with us.

Our list is atrociously inept in my opinion and no coach to ever hope to succeed with that. I really hope that whoever is there next year does a massive clean out aka clarkson’s first few years at hawthorn.

Sadly, I agree. With Brasher gone, I don't see how Truck survives. Campbell should be gone as well.

Barham is interesting. If he was in favour of an external review, would he also be opposed to parachuting a coach in? If he's fair dinkum about the integrity of process, Clarko is invited to apply... or that doesn't apply to Clarko.
i think Campbell stays because i imagine Barham and the board endorsed his extension. Also, from a pure organisation perspective we're doing well minus the football results. Which i feel he's largely been removed from

I can square appointing Clarkson and doing an external review afterwards.
If you were to do a review, who from the not currently coaching ranks do you get? Clarkson tops the list.
We've clearly now made the call on Rutten, so it's been identified that coaching is a problem.

If Clarkson is the guy you want to review the club, and also acknowledged as the best coaching option, then get him in and get him to review what he's about to take custody of.

The thing I don’t get is apparently this has “simmered” for months. Why wait til now? Why not take on Brasher back then?

One of the things that was impressive about the Clarkson hawks was their skills across the board, particularly by foot - our list has a fair way to go I reckon
we have good ball users

Merrett, Langford, Redman, Ridley, Zerk (who knew), Laverde, Massimo.
Parish used to be ok but he's been f'd for years now.

Reid & Cox are good too.
So there's stuff to work with.

The Norf board is funny. They are so antsy about the Clarkson situation, they have now reached "Oh we should go for Ross Lyon" stage.

You've only been on the Clarko wild ride for a day, we've been doing this shit for a month and have gone mad!

Don't even ask about the Giants supporters...
1660562882299.png

The thing I don’t get is apparently this has “simmered” for months. Why wait til now? Why not take on Brasher back then?
Probably because the last two months we have had reasonable results, the last two weeks aside.

The pro-truck/internal review/Brasher side of the board could justify the status quo because we had improved on the first half of the year (though that wouldn't have been hard).

The last two weeks I imagine were the sticking point.

Not even if he is in his 2nd year a achieving the same results as Truck?

Where does the club go if this doesn't work out? Sheeds turned our club around and turned us into a powerful club again, Clarkson will need to do the same.

I would think that if arguably the best coach of the modern era can't get our list to function then the problem lies elsewhere.

Which is why even though I think Rutten deserves a) another year and b) considerably more respect than what he has been shown this year, Clarkson would be a huge boon for the club. With a coach like Rutten there's always the questions - is he up to it? Is he lacking in some aspects and causing us to underperform as a club?

There's none of that with Clarkson. If after a couple of years we're still shit you can point the finger anywhere but at him. Is it the football department, is it the list, is it the list management, is it the administration, is coteries meddling, and so on. It removes 'sack the coach' from the arsenal of excuses shitty clubs have on hand and forces us to maybe address our issues.

After today's events, do we have a process in place to decide who our next coach is? After all, we've just announced an external review. How long will that take? Should we not wait for that to be completed before deciding on a coach?

It can't be Truck now, we've laid a giant turd in his bed and told him to sleep in it. Can we announce Clarkson this week based purely on credentials? Do we look at and interview anyone else?

A lot of people have been seduced, cause, Clarkson! Our problems as a club run far deeper than Truck. If we dont fix them, history will repeat in a few years time. Maybe Hepp can coach us then, cause Essendon.

**** off the shadow puppets in the background who are pulling the strings of this club. Haven't they done enough damage in the last 10 years!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back