Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Must give Heppellfreak some credit, he/she is backing themselves in. Hasn't gone to ground like the spineless EFC
and seems to be right.
We wouldn't do this now and the way we have if we haven't opted to offer clarkson the role. and i doubt we've not been doing this over recent weeks/months.

Hardwicke is the best coach of the so called modern era. He actually coached sides to premierships.
I could've coached two of Hawthorns flags from my shed, and don't forget the Cats major choke gifted him another one.
BS. They literally changed the rules of the game due to one clarko tactic that won them a flag.

The clarko cluster is the base for most modern team defense structures.

Think your understating it. Hardwick also pretty good as bought the relentless fwd press but Clarkson better by any measure.

Except their mail was it's been done. And it hasn't been.

Sooooooo
optics.

this has to play out in a certain way
First, board meetings & back the coach as empty as you can. tick
Second, let the cycle permeate. If it's not a review, you want everyone touting Clarkson to Essendon as a coup.
Third, sack Rutten
Fourth, announce Clarkson.

Tipping Thurs or Monday. Monday might work best cos we'll get pumped this weekend.

and seems to be right.
We wouldn't do this now and the way we have if we haven't opted to offer clarkson the role. and i doubt we've not been doing this over recent weeks/months.
Yes. Instead of announcing Clarko today we decided to look like a rabble.

Makes sense.🙄

optics.

this has to play out in a certain way
First, board meetings & back the coach as empty as you can. tick
Second, let the cycle permeate. If it's not a review, you want everyone touting Clarkson to Essendon as a coup.
Third, sack Rutten
Fourth, announce Clarkson.

Tipping Thurs or Monday. Monday might work best cos we'll get pumped this weekend.

Some people think a club is going to just come out and announce a coach prior to sacking their current coach I guess…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you can’t hit Sheil, Saad, Caldwell and clarko and call it luck?
I never looked at the timing of those statements and what was available in the media already at that time. I've also seen a poster (not you) seem to have good inside info, then go and start trolling with completely made-up stuff. My apologies, as it is always good when people come on to share their knowledge, but I remain a bit overly cautious.

They genuinely don't care, football clubs are their toy thing. The people who genuinely care are us, the supporters.
Yes I'm sure the ego's of the board means they're perfectly fine with today's events.

Yesterday was the first time EVER I have turned the game off willingly, with no other arrangements because of the insipid performance we had put up in the first 40 minutes. Absolutely disgusting. Didn't even get to half time it was that embarrassing.

For the first time in my life (34 in a couple of months) I have genuinely lost the love for my football club. Feels like a monotonous cycle of the same bullshit we have been dishing up for 20 years.

For the first time I woke up and couldn't care less about the result, I saw the news after meetings all day at about 2pm and quickly scattered to social media, to BigFooty but could not care despite forcing myself to want to like it. IS one of the strangest feelings right now. The proposition of a new coach, a new dawn, I couldn't care less because probably the two most important, influential and power positions at our football club will remain the same.
It's like a narcissistic cult where it is everyone else's fault but ours with these two men I question.

IT will simply be rinse, wash, repeat with these two men still in there positions of power. Im more excited about an external review than getting arguably the greatest coach of the modern era. Sad I know but that's the empty feeling right now.

People trying to rib me all year about my club and right now, I could not care less. Give it to me. We are the laughing stock of the AFL. Genuinely couldn't tell you what we stand for (football related). We are too busy trying to give positive optics, the learnings, the better systemic club. On field we are weak, lazy and have lost our identity as a football club.

We have talent which is the most frustrating thing, we have the talent to compete, we just don't have the drive, the desire, the will to win to even get out of the middle parts of the ladder.

It is frustrating to the point I want to sign out of BigFooty, de activate socials, I love football to much that I probably won't but it has become very tempting the last 24 hours with how little care there is for this football club I have defended so staunchly through some of the shittest periods in AFL history.

Tl;dr

Follow through with the external review and do what is needed to improve this ******* club and us supporters may very well begin to believe the rubbish the club spouts
You should’ve gone Yoda, the train ride home was fantastic !

Think that is pretty easy.
Parish , Merrett , Heppell. Learned the soft culture from our previous leaders.
Not a popular thing to say but Jobe was a great player but he was not a hit you between the eyes leader.
Brendan Goddard was a player who spoke well and tried to lead but was also a player who could not follow any instructions from the coach as far as defending goes and it cost him his list spot when he still had some footy left in him.
Brent Stanton was a me footballer. So was Hooker. So was Hurley.
It pretty much started under Lloyd and has kept going.
People don't want to hear it.

Yesterday was the first time EVER I have turned the game off willingly, with no other arrangements because of the insipid performance we had put up in the first 40 minutes. Absolutely disgusting. Didn't even get to half time it was that embarrassing.

For the first time in my life (34 in a couple of months) I have genuinely lost the love for my football club. Feels like a monotonous cycle of the same bullshit we have been dishing up for 20 years.

For the first time I woke up and couldn't care less about the result, I saw the news after meetings all day at about 2pm and quickly scattered to social media, to BigFooty but could not care despite forcing myself to want to like it. IS one of the strangest feelings right now. The proposition of a new coach, a new dawn, I couldn't care less because probably the two most important, influential and power positions at our football club will remain the same.
It's like a narcissistic cult where it is everyone else's fault but ours with these two men I question.

IT will simply be rinse, wash, repeat with these two men still in there positions of power. Im more excited about an external review than getting arguably the greatest coach of the modern era. Sad I know but that's the empty feeling right now.

People trying to rib me all year about my club and right now, I could not care less. Give it to me. We are the laughing stock of the AFL. Genuinely couldn't tell you what we stand for (football related). We are too busy trying to give positive optics, the learnings, the better systemic club. On field we are weak, lazy and have lost our identity as a football club.

We have talent which is the most frustrating thing, we have the talent to compete, we just don't have the drive, the desire, the will to win to even get out of the middle parts of the ladder.

It is frustrating to the point I want to sign out of BigFooty, de activate socials, I love football to much that I probably won't but it has become very tempting the last 24 hours with how little care there is for this football club I have defended so staunchly through some of the shittest periods in AFL history.

Tl;dr

Follow through with the external review and do what is needed to improve this ******* club and us supporters may very well begin to believe the rubbish the club spouts
Conte and Clarkson

maybe after long suffering, the gods are smiling on us finally?

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back