Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
We had a year.

As was reported, X sounded out Clarkson earlier in the year.

As for people mentioned the patch of 7 games…

IIRC Essendon, 1992, lost to Hawthorn by 150 points in either the last or second last game of the season. Won the flag the following year.
Was earlier on in 1992 than that, but yes. Made Sheedy play the kids - Hird, Mercs, Misiti and others for rest of that season. But that was a long time ago. A team that inexperienced I cant see ever winning a flag again.

I think our loss to Port is being overblown.

Yes we were blown out but it is the 2nd last game of the season and we are bottom 4. Would we really be happier to have won and dropped a draft spot?
It’s not that we lost, it’s how they played. Compounded that rutten said last week he expected a strong response after the gws performance and then the players preceded to give him donuts on Sunday. It was a coach killing performance if we played a top 4 team, we would’ve honestly lost by 130 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's not great but a bit of context always helps,

Hind’s reaction is not disrespect it is ‘I’m angry, I’m really really angry, really angry! My neck! They don’t care no one cares’.

Yes, He should have taken responsibility for costing the team the goal, but he chose the indignant approach.

If you’ve raised kids or managed 20 somethings you’ve seen the technique 100 times.

The management approach is not to bring it to the head in front of 45,000 people, but to wait till he settles down acknowledge that he was treated roughly and explain that his on field reaction was his mistake. That was within his control, and I will be talking to the umpires about protecting our players. But don’t ****ing do that again. That is leadership.

The longer Rutten fails to take the hint, like one of his players sitting on the bench just ignoring one of his chats.

He should be sacked he has 1 year left on a contract to which he knows if he resigns he will forgoe.

Our club owes it to him to pay him out.

This is shocking treatment of Rutten.

He should’ve been sacked yesterday.

Stop being spineless campaigners, Barham and co.

i suspect we are waiting on Clarskon to confirm/reject before we do anything with Rutten due to the speed this is going.

Total shithouse management by Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back