Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I would not regard a premiership under Clarkson a premiership. He is not Essendon.
What about the premiership we won when we were over the salary cap?

Poor bastard. Bet he didn't get much sleep last night
Yep.

If you don’t feel sorry for him after the way the last 48 hours have unfolded and with some of the other people who appear to have their arses firmly rusted in place at the club, then you don’t have a heart.

I actually think it’ll be good because we’ll get what we deserve and the external review will no doubt find that we need to stop acting like children.

The unmitigated disaster will be if Rutten has the courage to just flat out walk away, which I wouldn’t at all blame him for given the state of the joint.

The ultimate irony is my biggest concern with Clarko is team defence has evolved a heck of a lot since he was last successful and he would probably need a really strong defensive coordinator to pair with him and there are 4 or 5 names that are front of mind including Leppa, Chaplin and Rutten.

He’s right ****ing there.
He totally changed the way hawthorn played 3 times when he was there and the league followed. He’s a visionary, he’ll bring a new plan to wherever he coaches. Most important thing is he actually knows how to quickly implement a game style.

I do wonder that if we do get Clarkson and next year the same players don't adhere to a gameplan nor have a defensive mindset who will cop the blame?
It's never the players fault. Ever

He totally changed the way hawthorn played 3 times when he was there and the league followed. He’s a visionary, he’ll bring a new plan to wherever he coaches. Most important thing is he actually knows how to quickly implement a game style.

4 finishes out of the 8 in his last 5 years at Hawthorn and a straight sets exit and the game has categorically changed since he last had sustained success.

He will need to evolve again and he’ll need to do it without generational players and any real functional experience or leaders.

The one thing he is definitely going to bring is cache, Lachie Neale was an arrogant little prick until Ross Lyon arrived and literally told him to ‘get the pumpkin off your head and go run 200s until you spew’, perhaps someone like Parish will listen to Clarko.

I do wonder that if we do get Clarkson and next year the same players don't adhere to a gameplan nor have a defensive mindset who will cop the blame?
The thinking is that if players don’t, Clarkson will have the balls to send them to the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they'd back Clarkson to make whatever changes he wants. He could drop Parish or Stringer to the magoos and they wouldn't blink, and ultimately off the list if he wanted. Because if they go through all this shit with dumping Truck, getting Clarkson and doing an external review, they'd have way too much egg on their faces if they didn't back Clarkson 100%.

I feel sorry for Truck, and I think if he had the right pieces around him it could've worked.

But maybe we need an absolute prick to shake things up. The players need a to be put in their place, to nut up or get out. No more playing for themselves or weak arsed efforts. If we end up with Clarkson I think we'll get that shake up, and the players will be wishing they'd bought into Truck's game plan instead of being little bitches.
Totally agree ….the players need a good shake up and dicipline lesson … hope they respond

4 finishes out of the 8 in his last 5 years at Hawthorn and a straight sets exit and the game has categorically changed since he last had sustained success.

He will need to evolve again and he’ll need to do it without generational players and any real functional experience or leaders.

The one thing he is definitely going to bring is cache, Lachie Neale was an arrogant little prick until Ross Lyon arrived and literally told him to ‘get the pumpkin off your head and go run 200s until you spew’, perhaps someone like Parish will listen to Clarko.
That team was on the downswing as much as clarko tried to thwart the drop, it was inevitable they needed a rebuild. I’ve got no doubt clarko will evolve wherever he is. He’s a student of the game, loves coaching and loves afl.

I honestly hope that whoever comes in to replace Rutten does a massive cleanout (starting with Dodoro and his team of course). Silvagni and co would make a great replacement.

Surely also the players have to bear responsibility for their dismal efforts and heartless performances. The footage of Hind on the bench next to Rutten shown on footy classified is shocking in my opinion. What is going on there? Even if he doesn't support Rutten, he should at least display some professionalism. Cull is needed and start afresh. Hopefully some of this is found in the external review.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back