Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Legend
Thought I’d just share what I heard from someone pretty reliable, and sometimes you get s**t on for it, oh well, probably better to keep things to yourself in this place.

I agree with Corleone I thought you would have backed down a bit, but instead you doubled down. So credit for backing yourself in.

It is a bit of an emotional time on here. Probably some more to play out before everyone makes their peace.

I agree with Corleone I thought you would have backed down a bit, but instead you doubled down. So credit for backing yourself in.

It is a bit of an emotional time on here. Probably some more to play out before everyone makes their peace.

Cheers man, guess we’ll just have play the waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Him ending up at Essendon doesn't mean the deal was done 5 weeks ago.

The process we are watching is the doing of the deal.
i think what we're seeing is the process of locking it in

You don't suddenly have 2 board meetings in 24hrs, get all the board members together in that time, then spend the day doing what we've done while the media speculates if the end goal isn't within grasp.

transition from Brasher to Barham
Barham symbolic of the switch from team Rutten to team Clarkson
Announce Ben is our coach via non-board leader (CEO)
Meet with Clarkson

Next will be sack Rutten, then Clarkson announced. Probably monday morning after Tigers trounce us.

But all going to a plan set in motion weeks ago.

let's be honest. this is Knights Mk2 & everyone was right. we didnt have the patience to see this one through, and we're into messiah mode again

I could believe certain elements within the club reaching out a while back to Clarkson and telling him they want him, but I have trouble with the thought that Clarkson signed a deal weeks ago. If Clarkson had been reached out to then I could certainly see him waiting to see how the dust settles before making his decision, with him knowing there was going to be a powerplay at our club that would shake things up.

But if Clarkson had signed the dotted line weeks ago I can't see why him and the club would play all this cloak and dagger crap. It's more respectful to everyone to just announce it and say he's the new coach going forward. Because the board would've all had to be totally behind bringing him in, otherwise a contract would never have been drawn up in the first place. And why would Clarkson want to waste his and North/GWS's time by doing useless meetings if he was already signed with us?

Clarkson might be the right guy for the job but the club doing the bidding of coterie groups chasing the latest shiny toy is the exact opposite of proper process.
this was my thinking.
Perhaps a little jaded now as i've accepted what's about to happen.

Maybe they're right this time.
But if they're wrong, should teach them to stfu. Also, we're pretty much out of messiah's now. Dimma remains the last potential one.

I could believe certain elements within the club reaching out a while back to Clarkson and telling him they want him, but I have trouble with the thought that Clarkson signed a deal weeks ago. If Clarkson had been reached out to then I could certainly see him waiting to see how the dust settles before making his decision, with him knowing there was going to be a powerplay at our club that would shake things up.

But if Clarkson had signed the dotted line weeks ago I can't see why him and the club would play all this cloak and dagger crap. It's more respectful to everyone to just announce it and say he's the new coach going forward. Because the board would've all had to be totally behind bringing him in, otherwise a contract would never have been drawn up in the first place. And why would Clarkson want to waste his and North/GWS's time by doing useless meetings if he was already signed with us?

I choose to believe that it is an elaborate scheme to result in an epic trolling of North.

keep your options open.
perfectly normal when you're being head-hunted.
Oh I think that's exactly what it is.

There's clearly been a pathway in the flowchart that gets Clarkson to Essendon and the powerbrokers have managed to thread that needle. Just because they've met their objective doesn't mean Clarkson has been signed for weeks.

Let’s not treat heppellfreak like zavier Menzies or whoever it was with the stories.

A lot on this board hung on that guys every word and obviously it didn’t pan out time and time again.

But we’re yet to see if heppellfreak is right, let’s give them a chance before we make a sacrificial lamb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comment from the blitz that if true might confirm Heppellfreak's source was right but had misunderstood. Bacchusfox "Five weeks ago Clarkson was approached by Essendon group unnamed to me, but allegedly included a Director. Clarkson is interested but wanted a offer from Board." This could be taken to mean Clarko had agreed to sign if he was happy with the offer.

Last edited:
So what happens if we beat the Tiges?
Youre Funny The Simpsons GIF by AniDom

Comment from the blitz that if true might confirm Heppellfreak's source was right but had misunderstood. Bacchusfox "Five weeks ago Clarkson was approached by Essendon group unnamed to me, but allegedly included a Director. Clarkson is interested but wanted a offer from Board." This could be taken to mean Clarko had agreed to sign if he was happy with the offer.
There were rumblings that a few essendon people had sounded out clarko a couple months back and he was open to the idea of coaching essendon. Brasher wanted stability wanted to keep rutten, but rutten had heard the talk that his job was really on the line. That week we came out and beat Sydney and you could really see that win meant something to him. If I recall correctly there was that footage in the rooms where he walked in early and had a moment to himself.

Much as I hate you guys and it would s**t me if you get Clarkson, the thought of Norf being jilted at the altar yet again is too delicious to deny. They will end up like some sort of Miss Havisham shut away in Arden street with a wedding cake eaten by rats unwilling to confront the world from shame.
I'll be camped out on the Norf board for quite a while if it happens.

Do want to point out that this isn't really about who's right or not, this is about the football club and how crucial a moment like this is in terms of our long-term future. Everything that happens from this day on will be an enormous butterfly effect to our whole path forward. This is history in the making.
What, changing presidents and coaches is going to change our losing ways? Same was said when Tanner/Worsfold started. Same was said when Brasher/Rutten started.Same old yada yada. Get the right cattle and your pasture and milk will be healthy.

What, changing presidents and coaches is going to change our losing ways? Same was said when Tanner/Worsfold started. Same was said when Brasher/Rutten started.Same old yada yada. Get the right cattle and your pasture and milk will be healthy.

Never said it would be changing our losing ways. But for better or for worse, there's change, and it will impact us heavily for the next decade. And I'm not just talking about today, I'm talking about this week, and going into the external review. It will be a true fork in road.

Let’s not treat heppellfreak like zavier Menzies or whoever it was with the stories.

A lot on this board hung on that guys every word and obviously it didn’t pan out time and time again.

But we’re yet to see if heppellfreak is right, let’s give them a chance before we make a sacrificial lamb.
But Sacrificial Lamb is in season?

Don't forever think for a minute that a new coach is an immediate panacea - We have had enough good coaches in the system for the last ten years to suggest the bulk of the problems come down to the playing group - It's likely that Clarkson will bring in an effective game plan BUT it's still 80% on the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back