Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Seems that way.
I've been worried ever since the Essendon drama unfolded on Monday tbh.
I just want this over as we need to get move on with plan b if we miss out.
FWIW Kanga. My gut is saying that Clarko is going to North and EFC will have egg on their face.

My mate has inside word and confirmed it

I would prefer Rutton, after all this crap, he will not tolerate the politics and the antics from some players again.

No more Mr nice guy he WOULD want to stick it up all who wronged him, ruthless but driven and fair.

I have no issue with Clarkson, as one of the greats he is experienced and very talented, however I expect if he comes to Essendon he knows who were and were not supportive of Rutton and dont be surprised if he cleans out 5 or 6 players he thinks are overpaid and over rated.

Harmony and a team effort is key to becoming a good on field force, so far the Essendon team has not displayed this required trait in nearly 20 years.

Either way Essendon must clean out any and all conflictive elements, and bring in more of the younger players who want to win every game they play.

What am I trying on? I don’t make the call.

Just saying there are options out there and so highly rate Chocco.

At Richmond through there golden period and then moves to Melbourne and they become a force.

Do the math.
Choco will never been given keys to the club again. No longer suited to the head role, can be too intense and lose the players. Role in development is his go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Clarkson chooses North, you've got to think it looks bad for us ... The last ditch attempt to land the "messiah" ... The embarrassment of our dirty laundry aired (again) in public ... A really good person in Truck being humiliated and cuckolded... It's all terrible and there's no real way of it being resolved cleanly from here.

But if Clarkson chooses us, what questions does that raise for North? They've gone all out for him, he has every reason to go back there ... And for him to choose Essendon instead despite how poor our process has been, would show that they really are a small club. One that simply cannot land a big name. They'll be staring down the barrell of further questions surrounding Tasmania and their future ...

I know Essendon will survive whatever Clarko decides to do ... But north? What's the future hold for them if he slips through their fingers?

If Clarkson chooses North, you've got to think it looks bad for us ... The last ditch attempt to land the "messiah" ... The embarrassment of our dirty laundry aired (again) in public ... A really good person in Truck being humiliated and cuckolded... It's all terrible and there's no real way of it being resolved cleanly from here.

But if Clarkson chooses us, what questions does that raise for North? They've gone all out for him, he has every reason to go back there ... And for him to choose Essendon instead despite how poor our process has been, would show that they really are a small club. One that simply cannot land a big name. They'll be staring down the barrell of further questions surrounding Tasmania and their future ...

I know Essendon will survive whatever Clarko decides to do ... But north? What's the future hold for them if he slips through their fingers?

We'll be fine. We're no less small.

We go after another coach. Lol.

"I've enjoyed my time out of the game in the last 12 months, and it's a big commitment to make the call to come back. But I love the game, and I love the club and am enormously flattered to maybe get the opportunity to come back into the game but we'll see how that unfolds over the next couple days".

Love the club I think is fair to say he's referring to North Melbourne, but flattered sounds like what you'd say after letting someone down. Also "couple days" pushing the timeline out even further.

I think listening to so much SEN over the last couple days has turned my brain into mush.

He’s going to North because if anyone doesn’t like Essendon, it’s Clarko and his Hawthorn minions (Brown, Mitchell etc).

I’m a bit conflicted, but I think he’s going to North. It makes more sense.

I reckon all supporters want him and already talking themselves down just in case he does not choose their club.
an extraordinary situation.
Essendon supporters are in a particularly strange position, since a week ago many or even most of us didn't want Clarkson and preferred Rutten.

Now Rutten's position is untenable and it's basically Clarkson or having to go into the off-season with no coach at all - meaning Campbell and Mahoney trying to direct Dodoro on list management and recruiting players without actually having a vision to sell or a strategy to adhere to.

Gross position to be in. If they wanted to sack Rutten that badly they should've done it with enough notice to actually keep things moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back