Bob Murphy possible retirement ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many bitter flogs on Bigfooty. It's actually quite sad.

Look, first it's an internet chat board who cares if people don't like Bob. I'd doubt there is a player on an AFL list that is like by 100% of all fans.

Two: Surely you can see how some people could get sick of the love fest in the media about him (not necessarily his own doing)

Seriously for every 'bitter flog' there appears to be a 'hyper sensitive princess'

For the record I think Bob is an excellent player but I wouldn't call him elite.

Funny the timing of this thread being posted Murph and Bev had just strolled past me for a private dinner with a few others on Bond St.
Carrying a bit extra was Bob.
Given he would have barely put on 5 kg since he was 17, I can't imagine a couple of weeks out (where he's still been training) would be that unkind to him that it would be visibly noticeable.

Given he would have barely put on 5 kg since he was 17, I can't imagine a couple of weeks out (where he's still been training) would be that unkind to him that it would be visibly noticeable.
Middle eastern cuisine can do that to ya

Don't worry ..you can still love,adore and worship him even if he does have a fat gut now.

Some of the people on this thread would troll their own mothers I reckon, probably glad to have bridges over their heads with the rain around too....

Robert Murphy - Footscray club legend, loyal no matter what and universally respected, or should be.
Lenny Hayes - St Kilda club legend, loyal no matter what and universally respected too, or also should be.

I hope Bob goes on, if not I pity those fly in fans who will forever be of the inane belief that Zaine Cordy>Robert Murphy simply because a flag means everything.

Bob Murphy retire? I saw him running the back streets of Carlton early Sunday morning, in a lather of sweat. I wonder when he will announce the retirement.

Look, first it's an internet chat board who cares if people don't like Bob. I'd doubt there is a player on an AFL list that is like by 100% of all fans.

Two: Surely you can see how some people could get sick of the love fest in the media about him (not necessarily his own doing)

Seriously for every 'bitter flog' there appears to be a 'hyper sensitive princess'

For the record I think Bob is an excellent player but I wouldn't call him elite.

If you make AA in my book you are elite. If you make AA captain you are the elite of the elite. Murphy has done both - surprised there'd be any discussion or doubt about Murphy's elite status.

Each to their own I guess.

Last edited:
If you make AA in my book you are elite. If you make AA captain you are the elite of the elite. Murphy has done both - surprised there'd be any discussion or doubt about Murphy's elite status.

Each to their own I guess.

The AA captain usually makes the AA team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny Hayes is that far ahead of Bob Murphy its not funny. Lenny an absolute gun, Bob been a really good player but not even close to the same class.

Both guns and very different types of players

Pity he couldn't have played and won a premiership before retirement....oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back