Player Watch Bobby “Norm” Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

It also implies that Bobby forced the club's hand on an extension, and that the club had a kneejerk reaction after his great game against North.
I'm more inclined to think that an extension was already in the pipeline, just waiting while Bobby changed managers before being finalised.
I doubt that the club would be so reactive based on one game.

Nah, Fly mentioned it at last week’s presser that Bobby had been very generous to his team mates, but deserved to get a lick of the ice cream himself.

Nah, Fly mentioned it at last week’s presser that Bobby had been very generous to his team mates, but deserved to get a lick of the ice cream himself.
I think Fly's comment was more about Bobby getting amongst the goals after giving so many off to teammates.

The North game has papered over the cracks that he's had a very very lean 3 months.

9 goals from 12 games (if u exclude the Norf match) and turning the ball over a lot. Not the type of form to be demanding a massive contract increase.

Last edited:
We need to start using Bobby up the field more as a high half forward/wing rotation. Not sure what’s the point of playing him as a drop forward wrestling with a bigger forward when we don’t move the ball quick enough or deliver the ball cleanly enough to expose that one on one.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back