Player Watch Bobby “Norm” Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh, but there are so many experts on here that despite all our injuries & 3 consecutive losses have wanted the club to drop Shoota, Bobby, Darcy & half a dozen others.
Nobody is going to drop him but 8 kicks, 6 direct turnovers and no tackles is a poor game. Unfortunately the gap between his good games are huge. Would like to see him moved to the wing

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nobody is going to drop him but 8 kicks, 6 direct turnovers and no tackles is a poor game. Unfortunately the gap between his good games are huge. Would like to see him moved to the wing

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The context of my reply was to someone saying both Shoota & Bobby could now be injured.

Some are worried he could be injured and not playing versus those asking him to be dropped to the VFL to find form.

I don't know if this was mentioned previously but when he's playing more up field, he can't be doing the fancy 'selling candy' moves because it not only bamboozles the opposition but also teammates in the forward line. At that point the forwards are already committed to their leads and are then caught in no man's land. He plays his best football when he's the finisher rather than the assist man.

I don't know if this was mentioned previously but when he's playing more up field, he can't be doing the fancy 'selling candy' moves because it not only bamboozles the opposition but also teammates in the forward line. At that point the forwards are already committed to their leads and are then caught in no man's land. He plays his best football when he's the finisher rather than the assist man.

He should have more shots at Goal instead of Finding a Teammate

The moment he turned up with his bleached blonde hair I went oh no Bobby as I felt I got my answer as to whether he could keep himself grounded after his Norm Smith winning heroics. That was always going to be the watch this season.

Would that performance propel his career to even greater heights this season or would the hype only cause him to get a little ahead of himself.

I feel it's been somewhat the latter and while he's had some good games and some great moments within a game, with all the talent he possesses he hasn't got the most out of it IMO.

As we know he used Cyril for inspiration on GF day but Cyril was more than high flying marks and brilliant goals.

He used his speed to pressure and tackle and had a career tackle average of 4.55 per game.

Bobby's career tackle average is 2.36. This season his average is 1.88 which is the lowest of his career.

He needs to get back to doing the basic things right first and remember not everything needs to be the spectacular.

Favourite player after his GF heroics. Been pretty ordinary lately. Maybe those rumours of him wanting to go back to WA may have something.
Would hate to see him leave but if he did what would be a good trade for both parties?.

Favourite player after his GF heroics. Been pretty ordinary lately. Maybe those rumours of him wanting to go back to WA may have something.
Would hate to see him leave but if he did what would be a good trade for both parties?.
It's was established early on that those rumours were absolute BS from a clueless WA commentator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The moment he turned up with his bleached blonde hair I went oh no Bobby as I felt I got my answer as to whether he could keep himself grounded after his Norm Smith winning heroics. That was always going to be the watch this season.

Would that performance propel his career to even greater heights this season or would the hype only cause him to get a little ahead of himself.

I feel it's been somewhat the latter and while he's had some good games and some great moments within a game, with all the talent he possesses he hasn't got the most out of it IMO.

As we know he used Cyril for inspiration on GF day but Cyril was more than high flying marks and brilliant goals.

He used his speed to pressure and tackle and had a career tackle average of 4.55 per game.

Bobby's career tackle average is 2.36. This season his average is 1.88 which is the lowest of his career.

He needs to get back to doing the basic things right first and remember not everything needs to be the spectacular.

Very Well Said

Cyril also had bursts through the midfield.

I would love to see Bobby given an opportunity in the midfield or bursting from half back.

Have we done enough as a team to make like easier for Bobby?

Not a bad post although comments regarding his hair colour choice is really ridiculous.
Young people do this sort of thing regularly.
Once the injured and the out of form are back he will improve his output.
At the moment we have problems all over the ground.
On every line.

Bobby Hill's stats are on a par with his last season.

He's going to have a lot of quiet days. You keep playing him because there will be days when he blows the game apart.

The reason they moved him up field is to get him more involved cause he's doing jack shit in the forward line . Supply and his recent post baby lack of form are equally to blame IMO.

Can we be real about his form. Checkers has been in and out. Kruger has only just come in . Mcstay hasnt appeared yet. We had Frampton down there at one stage. Elliotts only just come back. AJ hasnt given a whimper

Small forwards like Bobby will cop more focus and be even harder for him to perform without continuity of our perceived best foward line. Its not a cop out , but im pretty sure sides arent worried about players of the ilk like Reef coming on. Their focus is Bobby.

Its already the hardest position to play on the ground on a miserable day , let alone without our best forward line set up.

I have more concern with our midfield and backline than asking why a small forward isnt killing it every game

Him and Nick have been the two winning us games against the odds

Edit: Top 10 in goal assists , doing his role nicely despite the lack of support

Can we be real about his form. Checkers has been in and out. Kruger has only just come in . Mcstay hasnt appeared yet. We had Frampton down there at one stage. Elliotts only just come back. AJ hasnt given a whimper

Small forwards like Bobby will cop more focus and be even harder for him to perform without continuity of our perceived best foward line. Its not a cop out , but im pretty sure sides arent worried about players of the ilk like Reef coming on. Their focus is Bobby.

Its already the hardest position to play on the ground on a miserable day , let alone without our best forward line set up.

I have more concern with our midfield and backline than asking why a small forward isnt killing it every game

Him and Nick have been the two winning us games against the odds

Edit: Top 10 in goal assists , doing his role nicely despite the lack of support
Cool story bro but this year he can be attributed to winning us 2 games and even that statement is loose af.

Cool story bro but this year he can be attributed to winning us 2 games and even that statement is loose af.

If you expect him to stand up on a more consistent basis as a small forward with those injuries you are kidding yourself.

Port Brisbane Adelaide North. Some noteable games from him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Bobby “Norm” Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back