Bomber the sook

Remove this Banner Ad

That was in the 1st qtr.The one I'm talking about was in the last qtr.
ok, well I can't recall that one........hardly seems important right now anyway.

The point at hand is : will Bomber's whinge about North's alleged rough play be rewarded by the umpires ? Or will we be allowed to see the two teams play on their merits ?

If GAblett gets scragged behind play, fine, give him a free.....so long as a free is paid when Scarlett hangs onto his opponent, or when someone tries to rough Rawlings up behind play.

Honestly, reading some of the whiney posts here, you'd think that North spent the entire game last time king-hitting their opponents.

Bomber Thompson has started sooking about the Roos tagging tactics last time they met.
He wants the umpires to get involved early this week and protect his side.

Reminds me of Worsfolds complaint after Freo belted them a few weeks back.
Sure as eggs you can now expect the umpires to over officiate and ruin what could be a good game.

What is it with sooky coaches?
If your teams good enough you don't need to prime the umpires.

Just more poor sportsmanship from Bomber and the cats. They must really be feeling the pressure at sleepy hollow. If Geelong don't win the cup this year half of geelong will top themselves.:thumbsdown:
Can you direct me to the link of Worsfolds "sook" to the umpires? I must have missed it, thanks in advance.:thumbsu:

Lot of low IQ norf supporters coming up with some great lines in here.

I particularly enjoyed the one about Geelong players not believing in themselves. lmao
Low IQ ???? That's rich, coming from Geelong !

Last time I was down there, I thought the 'city' must have been hosting a National Bogans Convention.....then I realised there were locals, all dressed up for a big night out.

my hat u blokes. some of the ridiculous insults flying around here r fair dinkum ridiculous. north r obviously gunna talk up there chances......and we have won our fair share of games by plenty this yr, so we have every right 2 b confident. but jeez guys. north sook, we sook.....every team has a sook, whether it b a coach/player, whatever. yes, rawlings is a dog, but then again, gazza does sook an awful lot (god love him!).....its a simple fact.....every1 sooks at sum point. get over it, obviously this bloke was bored whn he posted this!

Low IQ ???? That's rich, coming from Geelong !

Last time I was down there, I thought the 'city' must have been hosting a National Bogans Convention.....then I realised there were locals, all dressed up for a big night out.

You were half right, my understanding is that Geelong is actually a World Heritage site - the last place where you can go to see the semi-rural bogan in his natural environment in large numbers.

You were half right, my understanding is that Geelong is actually a World Heritage site - the last place where you can go to see the semi-rural bogan in his natural environment in large numbers.
I remember a classic example some years back : at the G, there he was in his moleskins with the RM Williams boots, a sunburnt neck, a dopey look on his face, amusing himself by calling out 'Coon!' or '******!' at Adrian McAdam. Eventually I said, 'Hey sport, ever heard of Polly Farmer ?'. He just sat there looking confused for 5 minutes.

(Cue 'Duelling Banjos' soundtrack.............)

my hat u blokes. some of the ridiculous insults flying around here r fair dinkum ridiculous. north r obviously gunna talk up there chances......and we have won our fair share of games by plenty this yr, so we have every right 2 b confident. but jeez guys. north sook, we sook.....every team has a sook, whether it b a coach/player, whatever. yes, rawlings is a dog, but then again, gazza does sook an awful lot (god love him!).....its a simple fact.....every1 sooks at sum point. get over it, obviously this bloke was bored whn he posted this!
one of the more intelligent Geelong responses so far.

are you the mayor?

What on earth are you talking about, TubTub ?

If you're talking about the recent Roos-Cats game, there was a 50 paid when Daniel Harris had a free, was bumped, and yes took a dive. I said at the time it was dumb umpiring. After he kicked the goal, a Cats player was bumped, took a dive, milked a free, which resulted in a Geelong goal. Then a Gellong player bumped a North player over, which the ump saw, but ignored.

Bad umpiring all round..........and hardly evidence to back up Bomber's whine about North playing the man.

Stop sooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know Bomber is soft, look at him throw a hissy fit when people question Ottens lack of performance in previous years.

All he does is makes it harder for Ablett because he will get the reputation of being soft. If he learns to deal with the attention like every other talented player then people will stop trying to knock his block off.

Bomber just painted a big bullseye on Ablett's back with his comments. If we don't knock his block off then someone else will before the finals series is over.

Quite the contrary feathertit. Thompson showed balls by sticking up for one of his players. BTW, if you think that Ablett is soft you've got no idea about footy and should take your nest elsewhere.

I've had the lid on all year. Until right now. I can't wait to see our boys give these Roos pretenders the smacking they deserve.

I remember a classic example some years back : at the G, there he was in his moleskins with the RM Williams boots, a sunburnt neck, a dopey look on his face, amusing himself by calling out 'Coon!' or '******!' at Adrian McAdam. Eventually I said, 'Hey sport, ever heard of Polly Farmer ?'. He just sat there looking confused for 5 minutes.

(Cue 'Duelling Banjos' soundtrack.............)

I was driving to a North v Geelong game at the G in the 90s, and there was this 4-wheel drive covered in cats stickers - most rhyming with 'attack' ... every year ... anyway, you could see all these little Surf Coast grommets in the car smoking bong after bong.

We pull up at a fairly big intersection (which they don't have in Geelong, so they probably got confused) with the Geelong car ahead of us. On the right and ahead is a marked police car already waiting.

And then, of course, we see the bong getting packed, and a stream a smoke emerge from a window - the same side as the cop car.

Cue a brief siren blast from coppers - and a few Geelong fans missing the game.

Not all bad for them though - as we flogged them IIRC.

Quite the contrary feathertit. Thompson showed balls by sticking up for one of his players. BTW, if you think that Ablett is soft you've got no idea about footy and should take your nest elsewhere.

I've had the lid on all year. Until right now. I can't wait to see our boys give these Roos pretenders the smacking they deserve.
Make up your mind : are you scared of the nasty Roos playing rough, and demanding protection from the umps ? Or going to give us a smacking ?

Make up your mind : are you scared of the nasty Roos playing rough, and demanding protection from the umps ? Or going to give us a smacking ?

You're going down by 70 points - no protection required. Geez, this is the first time a coach has used the media to unsettle an opposition side....HOLD THE PRESSES...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber the sook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back