Bomber to be offered Carlton job

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting idea but can't see it happening. I really do doubt that Bomber wants another senior coaching gig, plus why would he want a job when he is clearly second choice behind Malthouse?
Doubt that we'd have Thompson ranked lower than Malthouse if he became available.

Find it hard to believe that Thompson wants to coach again.

Thompson didn't have a lot of room to move, but his body language wasn't convincing when Robinson asked if Carlton have approached him...
AFL 360 - Mark Thompson on coaching Carlton

Thompson wouldn't answer yes to create a story and put another coach under the pump.

Different cut of a man to Keenan who is a hater and a troll like Bartlett.

Rumour is fact that Carlton has in fact been in talks with Neil Craig over the vacancy as senior coach, soon to be announced in the coming days.

The only legitimate contenders are Mark Harvey, Ben Hart and Matthew Primus. Any mention of others is rubbish, although word has been said of Neil Craig in recent days

The only legitimate contenders are Mark Harvey, Ben Hart and Matthew Primus. Any mention of others is rubbish, although word has been said of Neil Craig in recent days

I heard word of the Primus move to lure him over from South Australia, it appears Carlton are after an outside man rather than a Carlton figure. I remain firm on my stance that in the next 2-3 days we will hear of Ratten's departure

Rumour is fact that Carlton has in fact been in talks with Neil Craig over the vacancy as senior coach, soon to be announced in the coming days.
I heard word of the Primus move to lure him over from South Australia, it appears Carlton are after an outside man rather than a Carlton figure. I remain firm on my stance that in the next 2-3 days we will hear of Ratten's departure
Join dates are strong...

Join dates are strong...
Rumour is indeed fact that Lance Franklin recently received his third strike for drug use, resulting in him not playing these last few weeks. Rumour is again fact that Franklin was caught for a fourth time by his teammates taking drugs, who are now calling for his head to be shipped off to Fremantle

Interesting idea but can't see it happening. I really do doubt that Bomber wants another senior coaching gig, plus why would he want a job when he is clearly second choice behind Malthouse?

This. Plus I doubt Hird could stand the pressure of the job on his own at this stage of the club/coach/game-plan development. Bomber goes - Hird goes, and that wont happen, theyre one happy family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour is indeed fact that Lance Franklin recently received his third strike for drug use, resulting in him not playing these last few weeks. Rumour is again fact that Franklin was caught for a fourth time by his teammates taking drugs, who are now calling for his head to be shipped off to Fremantle
I hear him and Isaac Smith are both on their third strike. Wouldn't mind a bit of pace down at collingwood

Having read all the posts on this thread am I correct in presuming that regardless of how Carlton finish the season, including if they win the premiership, they will have a new coach next season?

Having read all the posts on this thread am I correct in presuming that regardless of how Carlton finish the season, including if they win the premiership, they will have a new coach next season?
Primus has singed according to a reliable source of mine (hint. chief of news on SEN)

It depends on how much they go back to Brett Ratten's claims of top 4 after a pretty decent season last year. Then assess how much of the subsequent shortcomings of this season have been down to him and whether they could have performed better, even injuries withstanding.

IF they go with another coach, I can only ever see if being an experienced man who has been to the top of the tree or very near, to come in and get this group into a Grand Final. This group has some key players in or around their peak (Scotland, Judd, Waite) who would not be easily replaced. The premiership clock is about to tick over to 10, so I cannot see a new bloke being allowed in to try and implement a new game plan when this team should be on the verge of their crack at it.

As much as I hate to say it, a fully-fit and settled Carlton is a pretty damn good team at the moment. Those highlighted words are absolutely crucial to them though.

Primus has singed according to a reliable source of mine (hint. chief of news on SEN)

Singed eh? You might have to get that reliable source of yours to put the fire out then:).

There'd be more chance of you coaching Carlton than there would Primus.

So having said all that, if Bomber were actually interested, which I'm not so sure he is, Carlton would be absolutely mental to not ask the question. Still, I'd be disappointed, be hard as a Bomber fan not to be.

It depends on how much they go back to Brett Ratten's claims of top 4 after a pretty decent season last year. Then assess how much of the subsequent shortcomings of this season have been down to him and whether they could have performed better, even injuries withstanding.

IF they go with another coach, I can only ever see if being an experienced man who has been to the top of the tree or very near, to come in and get this group into a Grand Final. This group has some key players in or around their peak (Scotland, Judd, Waite) who would not be easily replaced. The premiership clock is about to tick over to 10, so I cannot see a new bloke being allowed in to try and implement a new game plan when this team should be on the verge of their crack at it.

As much as I hate to say it, a fully-fit and settled Carlton is a pretty damn good team at the moment. Those highlighted words are absolutely crucial to them though.
Well Carlton aren't 'fully-fit and settled' at the moment, still missing our FB, CHB and best third tall defender. Still managed to smash your mob by 96 points so I'd suggest it's not as absolutely crucial as you're saying

Well Carlton aren't 'fully-fit and settled' at the moment, still missing our FB, CHB and best third tall defender. Still managed to smash your mob by 96 points so I'd suggest it's not as absolutely crucial as you're saying

*sigh* If you want to use the weekend's game as a reason why it's not 'absolutely crucial', then go for it. When we were fully sit and settled earlier in the year, we smashed you. Big whoop, swings and roundabouts, etc. Not doing us jack now though. Let's see how you go in finals against the big boys (that is, if you make it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber to be offered Carlton job

Remove this Banner Ad

Back