Bombers set to miss 2013 finals. (The Age, Caroline Wilson, 23/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

wtf? so you must think that the crows were r*ped? we didn't breach the salary cap and we promised to underwrite a sponsorship deal but never actually did it and we lost draft picks for two years!!!! please tell me you were high when you typed this....
I have to agree with the Adelaide supporters here despite the fact I got enjoyment out of them losing picks.

I've been a supporter of Vlad and the AFL Commission so far in this fiasco but if they do not lose at least 2 years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks then they've lost me, its absolutely disgusting.

Time for a new admin if this is true.

Suggest you read the AFL anti doping code in detail and their committment to apply the WADA code in Good Faith! Suggest you focus on the penalties section for players and officials. Then read the WADA code.

I should add that the Hird and those in the know will and should receive LIFE bans. Cannot see how they can't!
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be too heavy handed, it's just rare that people get what they deserve. I would so not be surprised if we were filthy that they'd weaseled their way out of it once it's finished.

I hope they get ****ed.

Gillon McLachlan about to nuke Hird out of existence by leaking more alegations that will put the AFL world in another head spin if Hird doesn't accept penalties. *popcorn*

More likely to nuke himself out of existence. He's done such a great job of running the comp each time Andy D has gone off on holidays.

You'd think you'd wait for confirmation from the AFL before posting such a blatantly misleading thread title.
Carro's been spot on with the news so far. My money is with her

Shouldn't West Adelaide come in?
They won the Foxtel Cup and they have the same dog sh1t jumpers as the Bummers.
Lets face it, all they'd have to do is appoint Sheedy coach and the numbskull Bomber supporters would probably believe it's all just been a bad dream since 2007.

That'd be a logical and thoughtful choice if the situation was there.... however Cats coached by Matty Knights would be funny as *&^% watching bombers fans gag on their tears having stabbed, stitched and dumped him up to get Hird in...... ("Heeeeeee'ssss Baaaaaaaackkkkk)

More likely to nuke himself out of existence. He's done such a great job of running the comp each time Andy D has gone off on holidays.

Doing a great job actually. Not giving an inch to Essendon behind closed doors with Hirds court threats huff and bluster. Gillon can make this a criminal case very swiftly.

I'm happy to lose the 2013 premiership points and keep the draft picks and start afresh in 2014. I reckon that is the right way to go as far as the long term future of the EFC goes.

Short term pain for long term gain.
Of course you are. Your season would have ended a week later anyway. So a 1 week ban is all you think you should cop for poor governance.:rolleyes:

Doing a great job actually. Not giving an inch to Essendon behind closed doors with Hirds court threats huff and bluster. Gillon can make this a criminal case very swiftly.
yep. I hope the AFL do not negotiate, drag it out, and then have the ACC report leaked for real sting....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Essendon do not lose draft picks, its a joke. We are now talking about THE biggest scandal in the history of the game.
Any fine is not a big deal to Essendon, Premiership points for 2013 are going to cost them 1 outing in the first week of the finals. Piss weak from the AFL if this is true.

they are going to have to be slapped with something serious , more than just points.

simply because this f.. soap opera that has drove half of Aust. mad and particularly all of the AFL community needs to ensure this type of BS never gets dragged out like this again.

I mean is is getting to the equivalent of the Super League wars of RL and many still have not forgave that code for that.

If this saga was negotiated even 3 months ago it would be half as bad.

This is just one massive f... up and some f... heads need to roll and at least a couple of years of draft penalties of significance enforced IMO!! because after that they will pick it up after no doubt with their core and set-up!!!

If Essendon do not lose draft picks, its a joke. We are now talking about THE biggest scandal in the history of the game.
Any fine is not a big deal to Essendon, Premiership points for 2013 are going to cost them 1 outing in the first week of the finals. Piss weak from the AFL if this is true.

No way is that worth the torture fans have had to endure in this soap opera madness.

They must at least be hit with 2 years draft penalties minimum!!

I wonder how Goddard is feeling now?

They should excuse him from his Essendon contract. Free agency is supposed to be for the benefit of players. He went looking for a premiership before his retirement. He won't get that now. He should be allowed to pursue free agency again at the end of this year.

No way is that worth the torture fans have had to endure in this soap opera madness.

They must at least be hit with 2 years draft penalties minimum!!

Whats the point of draft penalties if 38 players get smacked for two years..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers set to miss 2013 finals. (The Age, Caroline Wilson, 23/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back