Book to be released that covers the Dayne Beams rape allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

This shouldn't be a thread - i can see no good can come of it.

I feel for *sarah and hope she has been able to move forward but I also have empathy for *justin as it would appear that he became the perfect bunny and only reinforced what money and the right contacts can do.

This shouldn't be a thread - i can see no good can come of it.

I feel for *sarah and hope she has been able to move forward but I also have empathy for *justin as it would appear that he became the perfect bunny and only reinforced what money and cocaine can do.

To all who want to post in this thread:

- No sexist or offensive crap
- No trolling of Collingwood players or the club itself
- No general discussion of how rape is dealt with in society and by the courts - ie SRP-style discussion

Stick to the topic at hand.

Consider this a first and final warning.

- No general discussion of how rape is dealt with in society and by the courts - ie SRP-style discussion

So we are only allowed to talk about the fact that a book is being released o_O

What are we supposed to talk about then?

So we are only allowed to talk about the fact that a book is being released o_O

I do admit the scope is limited but as you alluded to, this thread has the potential to go downhill very fast.

I think discussing what happened with Beams post-2010 GF as mentioned in that extract from The Age is AFL-relevant, however I believe limits must be set early on in this type of thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Argh.

On one hand I'm totally with the mod. Let's be cautious.

On the other hand, boards like these will do what they do. I can handle being offended. I'll probably fire back a response if someone suggests something offensive.

But mainly, this post is news. It's going to be publicly available soon. If people read it and think only of how it might affect their chances of winning the flag, so be it. They are probably lonely and unloved souls to begin with. I think that's how cheer-squads work, to be honest.

I say let this discussion continue on the main board. If it gets into the politics of the tendency of males to objectify women, so be it. We can all share pr0n pics on here whilst hoping our daughters never get regarded the same way.

Idiots will post either way.

Hopefully this post is within the rules mentioned above?

Haven't really been aware of this story till now. But have I read the article wrong? It seems the journalist is concluding that the girl was a willing participant from the bedroom to the alleyway. That engaging in consenual sex in the alleyway immediately after the bedroom sex, is an indicator of that. The Justin* guy says in the article he knew she had just engaged in group sex, and didnt want her yelling rape against C'wood the next day, and her saying, "im not that type to do that", further indicating she was a willing participant. However, I'd have to read the girl's version of events, etc, to pick out the inconsistencies in the Justin*/Cwood version. If she really was willing, fueled by adrenalin/whatever, perhaps the next day she felt shame? Or perhaps she really did get r*ped? But, then you go back to that she consented to alleyway sex right afterwards. And then back into the nightclub lifestyle weeks/months later. The journalist does raise a good question, why the bedroom and alleyway incidents were split apart, the former not part of the prosecutions plan to charge the players.

This story is perhaps indicative of how some of these football group sex rape allegations seem to often end up as "no charges laid" on the footballers. That mix of consent and fear, etc, and actions previous and after. Not including those that end up with the players "settling out of court". Not sure why settling out of court buys a way out of conviction...if the police want to actually continue to press charges.

I find it disturbing that *Tom has control of the girl's phone and picks up the call of her alleged rapist... Hmmm

Beams is a great guy and this book really smears his name, being brought into these talks when he was innocent.

Not worth the time to read her book

Excellent extract that delves into the murky world of lawyers, power and rape cases. What is really interesting is how this story hasn't gotten out as much until now meaning the players involved aren't/weren't smeared as others have been for what seems on the face of it to be a really dodgy situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Book to be released that covers the Dayne Beams rape allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back