NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO Collingwood are idiots.

Mark Cleaver is simply a person who worked for them. At least two pies posters (Terrafirma and ElliottsMaggies ) have linked to the video of him at work. It is December, I think he has been working for them for about two weeks I'd say.

He's really positive.He thinks the people are great, seems to love the place, and the media team make it look like the place loves him. I can see how he would rub some people up the wrong way, but he just appears to be one of the huge range of people you meet in life.

It's only July. If it didn't work out with this guy fair enough. But I don't know, read the room? Do your best to part amicably with him, if only for the absolutely cynical reason that he is a queer, non-binary, disabled, indigenous man. To be clear that is really cynical, and none of those labels really matter because humans (and organisations made up of humans) work better when they don't have bad blood with others.

A bunch of you are making wild judgements of Kelly based on what this guy said in basically an affidavit. Another bunch of you are judging Cleaver on what seems to be no better basis than the fact that he is a bit different and the labels that attach to that.

Have we seen any discussion yet of the fact that he is on the autism spectrum disorder? I don't think I've seen one poster bring it up but I would have thought that's a pretty important fact in understanding Mark Cleaver as a person. The whole thing seems to me just to be a personality clash and I'm surprised Collingwood have let it get to this.
None of what you said has anything to with whether Kelly swerved his car to tell racist remarks at an Asian lady. The ridiculousness of the claims and the lack of denial from Collingwood are telling.

Which journos dobbed him in to the Pies?

An attempt by Collingwood’s former head of First Nations strategy to alert media to alleged racism at the club triggered the move to dismiss him, prompting a bombshell legal fight.
The Herald Sun can reveal Mark Cleaver reached out to two senior footy journalists in April to blow the whistle on the alleged behaviour of Magpies chief executive Craig Kelly, days after an internal investigation had cleared the 1990 premiership defender of wrongdoing.

But Collingwood chiefs found out about Mr Cleaver’s overtures to the media, with the club official ultimately being sacked for alleged misconduct in May.

Autism or any other of his conditions didn't make him self centered. I have many autistic friends. It's all about Mark IMO. It wouldn't have mattered how Kelly handled his dismissal Cleaver would have gone the same route IMO. How can you love the club one minute then want to sue it the next? Simply by dismissing the guy over a conduct issue was enough for Cleaver IMO. I'm not judging him because he is different, I believe he is self centered IMO and I dislike self centered people. Cleaver's dismissal was enough to damage his ego but you can't sue a club for that can you? Cleaver is chasing a settlement out of court mark my words.! (He doesn't give 2 rats about the Club's reputation).
How on earth have you gleaned any of that? From that 3 min video produced by the Collingwood media department? Playing internet detective? That video was produced for International Day of People with Disabilities. Of course he talked about himself, Collingwood rolled him out for that very purpose. For 3 minutes he spoke mostly about his disabilities, the challenges they presented to him, and how wonderful everything was at Collingwood FC.

How do you even know that Kelly handled his dismissal? Surely Collingwood has an HR department.

Of course, he is chasing something - people don't go to court without seeking outcomes. But perhaps what he is chasing is reinstatement and a commitment that he no longer has to work with Craig Kelly? It's all guess work because as far as I am aware we cannot access the court document online and the media is only sharing the most sensational parts of it.

Autism or any other of his conditions didn't make him self centered. I have many autistic friends. It's all about Mark IMO. It wouldn't have mattered how Kelly handled his dismissal Cleaver would have gone the same route IMO. How can you love the club one minute then want to sue it the next? Simply by dismissing the guy over a conduct issue was enough for Cleaver IMO. I'm not judging him because he is different, I believe he is self centered IMO and I dislike self centered people. Cleaver's dismissal was enough to damage his ego but you can't sue a club for that can you? Cleaver is chasing a settlement out of court mark my words.! (He doesn't give 2 rats about the Club's reputation).
There's actually some crossover between clinical features of narcissistic personality disorder and autism spectrum, such that some people with the former are misdiagnosed with the latter. Indeed some people with narcissistic personality disorder may refuse to accept the diagnosis and seek out a diagnosis of autism, as it tends to be looked on more sympathetically in society.
I am not saying this applies to Cleaver, but misdiagnosis occurs

All this new age walking on eggshells in case someone is offended and all boxes are ticked is playing with fire as in: can back fire, classic case was the ABC who employed a certain person of a certain gender of a certain religion as a reporter and looked very diverse when standing in front of a camera but as soon as she posted about that sh#tfight in the middle East she got sacked and is now sueing them for being racist, reap what we sow.
Yeah, totally shocked to read comments like this from someone who chooses to name themselves after a world champion wife beater.

A lady on a Collingwood Facebook Fan Page made a comment saying that this same person (the accuser) did the same thing to her when they previously worked together and she said she thought it was only a matter of time until she heard the same thing come up again while he was working at the Magpies.

I wish I could find it again as a few people started asking her questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, totally shocked to read comments like this from someone who chooses to name themselves after a world champion wife beater.

Hilarious never heard that one (today) so I must also be a cocaine addict and co-wrote Nutbush City limits and going by your picture.... You must have issues

Interesting..

Mark Cleaver complaint:
"Kelly allegedly spoke to Cleaver and grabbed their hand to forcefully squeeze it. The tight grip caused Cleaver significant pain because of multiple sclerosis, the court documents claim.
Cleaver says they struggled to extricate their hand from Kelly."

Mark Cleaver Artist:
"With my MS I’ve got parathesis in both hands, which means that I've got no feeling at all,.."

So, does he have feeling in his hands or no feeling in his hands?

I have
There's a couple of significant allegations and then there's some really borderline ones
But that’s not intended to be a significant allegation (what you referred to) - it was what the elder said to him that allegedly lead him to then denigrate her behind her back. It’s a pretty small detail rather than a centrepiece of the allegations so not sure why it’s being highlighted so much in this thread tbh.

So we're meant to believe 2 journo's knew about this & chose not to report on it? Not even a tweet?

And stayed silent until this Monday when documents were filed in court?

🤣 🤣.
Robbo knew about the essendon drug saga and kept quiet.Essendon lawyers would give him stuff

None of what you said has anything to with whether Kelly swerved his car to tell racist remarks at an Asian lady. The ridiculousness of the claims and the lack of denial from Collingwood are telling.
This was the weirdest one for me because the allegation is he yelled 'statistic!' when driving past which doesn't seem to have any racist connotation I can glean?

There seems to be a fair bit of conflation between 'Craig Kelly is an a**hole' and conduct that is racist and/or unlawful in the context of the workplace.

Also not related to your comment, the stuff in the last few pages about ASD is pretty weird; them being on the spectrum or not seems to be of marginal or no relevance.

I suspect (don't know, just suspect) that hiring ONE person to drive the Do Better strategy was a bad idea. If you had a larger group of people - perhaps two senior reps from the organisation, the captain of the team, one representative of the current indigenous players, and an advisory group of internal and external indigenous people, with really open lines of communication, a lot of interpersonal problems aren't elevated to an extreme level. Things can be raised sooner, and people can be pulled into line quicker. Just something that occurred to me when I read the stuff - don't know if I am way off or not. Maybe they already had that. I dunno.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back