Box Hill Hawks vs Collingwood 2's

Remove this Banner Ad

Daicos was a genius. He was in a class of his own :thumbsu:
I remember watching his first Game. I think it was a pre season cup game that he debuted in.
I was also at the bloody game where he done his knee.
Absolutely black day for all Collingwood supporters.
I will never forget one game at Victoria Park against Richmond.
He slaughtered them. I amnot certain whether he kicked 7 or 9 Goals.
I am pretty sure it was 9. It was not the amount that he kicked, but how he got them. All absolute magic. Dodging and weaving players !
You cannot comare him with anyone.
I personally used to go to Games just because of Daics and I would imagine lots of other Collingwood supporters would say the same.
I spent a lot of years overseas in the 90's and unfortunately missed the end of his career. However, the Magic he weaved at the start of his career remains entrenched in my memory !

Just a question guys where do people go to look at the offical VFL results with bests and goalkickers included.

I've serached google and been all over sportingpulse but can;t find it.

Well, maybe a Macedonian country Boy? That may explain why GJ thinks he looks like Didak.

Daics was born to macedonian parents and grew up in preston in the northern suburbs of melbourne.

if u can find it anywhere get his autobiography, its called 'Collingwood & Me'.
Absoulute brilliant read, especially if u are a bit nostalgic about all the early 90's players...

I would also highly recommend 'Daicos Magic' on vhs...best 65 minutes of footage ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daicos was a genius. He was in a class of his own :thumbsu:
I remember watching his first Game. I think it was a pre season cup game that he debuted in.
I was also at the bloody game where he done his knee.
Absolutely black day for all Collingwood supporters.
I will never forget one game at Victoria Park against Richmond.
He slaughtered them. I amnot certain whether he kicked 7 or 9 Goals.
I am pretty sure it was 9. It was not the amount that he kicked, but how he got them. All absolute magic. Dodging and weaving players !
You cannot comare him with anyone.
I personally used to go to Games just because of Daics and I would imagine lots of other Collingwood supporters would say the same.
I spent a lot of years overseas in the 90's and unfortunately missed the end of his career. However, the Magic he weaved at the start of his career remains entrenched in my memory !

I wonder if he'll be included in the Top 10 Legends The Age will be profiling all week?

Where is Casey-Leigh?

Casey-Leigh, Presti and McCarthy all didn't come up. Disappointing not to get a look at McCarthy but that's footy!

I'm going to give up saying that the lack of height isn't the major problem, it's his build and strength.

People just fail to grasp it.

I agree. And with the height issue as well. Why would a club recruit someone at 170 cm when they can get a bloke who is 180 with the same skill set. While there are blokes playing AFL who are around the 170 mark, Tilly doesn't appear to have either the explosive pace or x factor of those players. Bit like Caruso at Coburg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not a chance.

Gordon or Syd Coventry should be IMO (although Syd is generally overlooked). Maybe Bob Rose. They should be, but we get rorted in so many of these things it's not funny.

Daicos is one of the few players in history that you can genuinely say changed the game and influenced the way it's played today.

I wonder if he'll be included in the Top 10 Legends The Age will be profiling all week?

No Collingwood Player is ever included :eek:
Who cares about opinions of Journo's anyway :p
Most of them suck and have not got a clue, particularly Caroline Wilson who despises Collingwood.
Personally, I have my own memories of players I liked and like to form my own opinion. :D That is what is important to me ! :thumbsu:
Journo's are paid for giving opinions.
Anyone can have an opinion.
It does not mean that it is right. :thumbsdown:
Daicos gave us Collingwood supporters who had the pleasure of seeing him play a lot of memories and that is what is important to us.
The Journo's can go and suck eggs. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill Hawks vs Collingwood 2's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back