Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worse. I think he wanted Moore traded...!
You really need to read the posts instead of just making it up as you go

I said Moore should have been moved forward or dropped when he hadn’t played a good game for about 15 weeks
Not once did I say traded
Don’t let facts get in the way of another idiotic rant

He runs around alot applying 'forward pressure', gets bowled over 6-8 times per game, winded or smacked in the head 2-3 times per game, might have 3 shots on goal for 1.1 and another that doesn't make the distance.

He was a gun at Freo but has been very underwhelming as a Pie.
So, coaching not having an impact on that? Heh is being coached differently ( obviously ), and has been asked to play a different role than that at freo? roles/ playing style - Things you me and ALL BF have no idea about?

He runs around alot applying 'forward pressure', gets bowled over 6-8 times per game, winded or smacked in the head 2-3 times per game, might have 3 shots on goal for 1.1 and another that doesn't make the distance.

He was a gun at Freo but has been very underwhelming as a Pie.
But that's pretty much the return you'd expect from most small forwards.
Two goals a game is in elite territory which I think he has achieved in the past.

I guess the AFL will never survey the people who support the game and provide all the atmosphere …

Yeah they do. They had a survey a few months back …

Plus the club survey members every year. Even though it’s not the club who are mucking around with the rules, if they get feedback from the membership that they’re not happy with something the AFL are doing, the can pass that on.

Every time we get a comfortable lead halfway through the 4th qtr we stop and want to shut it down. No run, can’t buy a clearance

Yeah, early in the 4th quarter when the commentators said “Sydney would need to kick 5 goals to win this now, and that’s assuming Collingwood don’t score” was when I started to panic.

Last edited:

Plus the club survey members every year. Even though it’s not the club who are mucking around with the rules, if they get feedback from the membership that they’re not happy with something the AFL are doing, the can pass that on.

Out of interest, what has changed as a result of the survey?

One of my favourite 70's & 80's singers Ian Dury composed & sang a song called "What a waste". Well that phrase certainly applies to the highly valued 1st Round Draft choice that we so generously gave to Fremantle for Lachie Schultz. He is no better than Ginnivan (now at Hawthorn of course for a 2nd Round pick) or Joe Richards. Would we get a 1st Round Draft choice from another AFL club for either of them or even both of them as a package? No way. Another piece of totally dumb recruiting. Regardless, I would just play the kids on the list such as Allan, Ryan, McGinness, etc, etc, for the remaining 3 rounds to see if they have anything to offer the club going forward. Goodnight & good luck. (and hopefully McRae "hit a few of them with his rythm stick" after that performance).
Such an overreaction.
That first round pick may be a fail. Essendon's pick 6 is looking like a bomb. We know what Schultz is capable of and will do in the years ahead.

It is pretty tiresome to have so many blame Schulz for our situation. many years of good and bad decisions have created this playing list. Most of the people who made those decisions are long gone, and Schulz wasn't one of them.
We are in for a few tough years. The way to cope is not to turn on our players, but to support them as the team is rebuilt.

Such an overreaction.
That first round pick may be a fail. Essendon's pick 6 is looking like a bomb. We know what Schultz is capable of and will do in the years ahead.
If you’re referring to Tsatas or Hobbs as the bomb I’d honestly prefer either to Schulz. And that’s with their indifferent exposed form thus far.

Thanks for that 76, learn something everyday 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2030??
Seriously??
When is the last time you saw Collingwood uncompetitive for 6 years.
Without looking at any stats I would confidently say it has never happened.
You don't play in 45 grand finals and god knows how many other finals series by being uncompetitive for 6 years.
Yes we may have a couple of down years but it won't take us till 2030 to be competitive again.
I’m taking into account the lack of young up and comers at the moment and the fact that there will be compromised drafts with Tassie coming in. We’ll be lucky to get “good” young players during that time. Our age demographic at the moment just is just too old and apart from Nick the cupboard is pretty bare in that age group.

I’m taking into account the lack of young up and comers at the moment and the fact that there will be compromised drafts with Tassie coming in. We’ll be lucky to get “good” young players during that time. Our age demographic at the moment just is just too old and apart from Nick the cupboard is pretty bare in that age group.
They have clearly stated we won't be going to the draft and looking to trade players in and go after the free agency market hard. Won't happen this year unfortunately.

They have clearly stated we won't be going to the draft and looking to trade players in and go after the free agency market hard. Won't happen this year unfortunately.
That maybe so but what have we got that’s worth anything and who are the top players looking to move clubs and come to us?
We’ll definitely give it one last shot next season but honestly I can’t see it happening.

That maybe so but what have we got that’s worth anything and who are the top players looking to move clubs and come to us?
We’ll definitely give it one last shot next season but honestly I can’t see it happening.
It's so premature mate we won't see it happen until the end of next season really. If we can pull some magic and find someone this preseason that would be great but unlikely.

Added all of McStay, Hill, Frampton, Mitchell, Richards, and Markov in 1 draft-trade period. Allan and Ryan as well. It can turn quickly.

I’ve been wondering if our age demographic might actually help us given you’d suspect a few to retire end of 2025 giving us some spending power just before Tassie coming in. Might help to be less reliant on the draft when Tassie gets priority.

Tom McGuane?

You may be right but I think Geelong is a good example of a club who have been maintaining consistent success, often with an older list. They used the "too old, too slow, too good!" line against the naysayers in 2011 and again in 2022 when they won flags after all and sundry had stated that their aging list was cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back