Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Box Hill Vs Tazzy

How did our next CHB or CHF of the future go in Dowler??? Did he manage to touch the ball more then 5 times for the match???

Did he take a mark? Did he kick a goal? Did he show SOMETHING?

How did our next CHB or CHF of the future go in Dowler??? Did he manage to touch the ball more then 5 times for the match???

Did he take a mark? Did he kick a goal? Did he show SOMETHING?

It was all radio reports but was quiet. Kicked 2 goals. But it seems he has yet to take a game by the scruff of the neck and the commentators constantly refferred to as Little to be the go to man and saviour in our forward line rather then our top draft pick.

Who knows how long it will take Dowler, but the way the Hawks are going now, I am willing to be patient!

Hey Guy's

We should just let Dowler go about his business this year, lets not worry about how he performs and just let him gain his confidence back. This year was his first pre season at AFL level and another one under his belt, plus the bonus of this year getting full VFL games into his body, can only help his cause for next year.

If Beau is performing at the same level at this time next year, then start talking about a wasted pick, but just remember, he is still only 19 - 20 in his second yr of the system.

Its really on Paddy Ryder out of the big men who have shown him up, and of cousre I'd love him at the Hawks, Mitch Clarke has shown alot aswell but is injury prone and Josh Kennedy of Carlton is also lacking alot of confidence at AFL level.

Just let Beau finish the year off and hopefully he starts repaying us next year. Its a tough caper at AFL level, so we should support our own boys and not kick them when they are down, as I think Beau has a good reason to why he is not at senior level just yet,

I listened to the match on the radio.

Moss lots of it.

Tuck lots of it.

Renouf played well.

THurgood got smacked around lots, but still played reasonbly well.

And the guy lots of us have been talking about all year Brett Collins is going to be elevated at the end of the year IMO, chalk another one up for the recruiting department.

And the guy lots of us have been talking about all year Brett Collins is going to be elevated at the end of the year IMO, chalk another one up for the recruiting department.

I think you mean Gibson, Collins is injured at the moment and won't play agian this year. Why do so many people get Gibson and Collins confused there names aren't that similar.

Hey Guy's

We should just let Dowler go about his business this year, lets not worry about how he performs and just let him gain his confidence back. This year was his first pre season at AFL level and another one under his belt, plus the bonus of this year getting full VFL games into his body, can only help his cause for next year.

If Beau is performing at the same level at this time next year, then start talking about a wasted pick, but just remember, he is still only 19 - 20 in his second yr of the system.

Its really on Paddy Ryder out of the big men who have shown him up, and of cousre I'd love him at the Hawks, Mitch Clarke has shown alot aswell but is injury prone and Josh Kennedy of Carlton is also lacking alot of confidence at AFL level.

Just let Beau finish the year off and hopefully he starts repaying us next year. Its a tough caper at AFL level, so we should support our own boys and not kick them when they are down, as I think Beau has a good reason to why he is not at senior level just yet,
Well said The Birch, great post!
Agree 100%. One of the factors about the forward line in the 2's is how the ball is delivered and I would seriously question the patterns that the Coach has going. When I have seen BXH games this year there looks to be very little discipline and plan in the way they go about their work, and the forwards seem to suffer badly. I suggest it is holding back the development of some players. Have a look next opportunity and watch the flow of play. i rweckon you will agree it a **** up! I want to see Tuck, Dowler and Muston in the ones sometime this year.

COBURG v BOX HILL (Radio Coverage)

The radio station that has brought radio coverage back to the VFL this weekend presents Saturday and Sunday match of the day uninterrupted broadcasts,

SATURDAY:

Coburg Tigers V Box Hill Hawks,

SUNDAY:

Williamstown V Sandringham

Listeb to your radio at the top end of the AM dial on 1611 AM - or listen on line via the website www.radio1611.com.au

Visit the 3XX Footy and Sports page by clicking on "3XX SPORT COVERAGE" link, or by clicking the VFL logo on the www.radio1611.com.au main page.

If you miss the game, or want to listen to last week's Fourth Quarters, visit the 3XX SPORT COVERAGE page and click to listen ! :)

Re: COBURG v BOX HILL (Radio Coverage)

When does coverage start on the Saturday?

Btw, a funny story for those who listen to SEN (sorry for mentioning the opposition on your thread), but Billy the dud was saying a while ago how Richmond's youngsters were better because Coburg were doing better than Box Hill.

What a tool.

Box Hill team for Saturday.

B: Height Dawson N. Smith
HB: Jacobs Murphy Tuck
C: Crook Moss Thurgood
HF: Little Shore Vandenberg
F: Gibson Dowler Renouf
R: McEntee Kennedy Breese

Int: Bull Neil Suckling
Eva Marcius Kelleher
Pedersen O'Sullivan

No Muston...

Liking the look of this side now. Breese, Shore, and Nick Smith will hopefully come under draft notice of the club. Gibbo and McEntee for elevation. The i/c listing has Kelleher, Marcius and Suckling included, all very strong future strengths of at least Box Hill future, if not AFL. We've still got Cam Hunter, and a host of other talented lads pushin to get their opportunity in the ones. Two, I really think will power at VFL level, are Allan and Barker. My concern is young Markovic. I would like to think that he could pressure the likes of Dowler. Same draft I think. We lost Jolley last year. Hopefully we can keep and nurture this list. With the Hawthorn hopefuls and our own team list, it really is full of potential, especially for say a 2009 Premiership.

Coburg vs Box Hill

Just thought i'd set up a thread where people could post some score updates from the match, good players, goal kickers and anything noteworthy. I think the game started at 2, can anyone give me a score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back