Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Box Hill on the weekend

Either way I'd rate him higher than Suckling or Collins at this stage.

I really want to see both Collo and Suckling persisted with, especially after such injury rattled seasons I hope both boys are retained and dont get the one year flick like Markovic did.

I was wondering would Collo play the same sort of role that Morton would play? Being a tall flank/winger?

I really want to see both Collo and Suckling persisted with, especially after such injury rattled seasons I hope both boys are retained and dont get the one year flick like Markovic did.

I was wondering would Collo play the same sort of role that Morton would play? Being a tall flank/winger?

Not sure about Morton comparison to morton. Collo has a number of things going for him. Stays on his feet. Kicks equally well with both feet and has good hands overhead. He also can kick goals from a long way out and on the run. Unlike the others Collo did not play TAC as he was playing senior VAFA footy at 16. In 2006 his club SBMT had 10 kids played TAC with Sandringham. Collo was already in his second year of seniors having played B section the previous year as a 16 year old. Where a number of the drafted kids on our list have had trouble adjusting from TAC to VFL eniors this year Collo had been playing senior football for two years. Have no doubt that Collo's class would come through at Box Hill if fit.

Not sure about Morton comparison to morton. Collo has a number of things going for him. Stays on his feet. Kicks equally well with both feet and has good hands overhead. He also can kick goals from a long way out and on the run. Unlike the others Collo did not play TAC as he was playing senior VAFA footy at 16. In 2006 his club SBMT had 10 kids played TAC with Sandringham. Collo was already in his second year of seniors having played B section the previous year as a 16 year old. Where a number of the drafted kids on our list have had trouble adjusting from TAC to VFL eniors this year Collo had been playing senior football for two years. Have no doubt that Collo's class would come through at Box Hill if fit.

I know his history, but I was asking what role do you see him playing? I know he came in with wraps as a goal kicking wing man? Do you think thats acurate?

To answer question. Yes. Very good coming down ground towards goal. Good front centre player who is able to excute quickly. Also good at finding space on the lead. Could play HF, wing or FP.

Box Hill v Werribee 25.08.07

Match Report from BH web site

HAWKS SPIRIT NOT ENOUGH IN SEASON FINALE
Saturday, 25 August 2007

The Box Hill Hawks have gone down by 36 points in their final match of 2007 to Werribee at City Oval.

Despite a promising opening quarter by the Hawks, the Tigers kicked seven goals to one in the second term to virtually seal the game by half time.

The Tigers also kicked seven goals in the third term, however, Box Hill showed true character kicking five of their own for the term, before winning the last quarter to add some respect to the scoreline.

In fact, this was the first time all season Box Hill managed to kick more than 100 points in a game, with Nick Smith kicking all his three goals in the final term.

The Box Hill Reserves earlier qualified for the VFL Reserve Grade Finals with a hard fought win over Werribee who had already cemented their double chance in 2nd place. They will now face Williamstown in the Elimination Final next weekend.

FINAL SCORE:

Box Hill Hawks 4.1 5.6 10.8 16.14 (110)
Werribee 4.7 11.9 18.17 21.20 (146)

GOALS: Smith 3 Little 3 Pedersen 3 Breese 2 Gibson 2 Shore Crook Dowler

BEST: Tuck Thurgood Renouf Markovic Muston Little
==============================================

I believe Tucky played like he had the ball on a string but there was daylight between the rest with Thurgood doing ok till he got carted off and Renouf and Markovic good big man stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back