News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive me for intruding
But that compo pick will probably be traded for hately correct?
So essentially it’s a straight swap of Brad crouch for hately
I know on paper it doesn’t sound great at the moment
But hately is gonna be a great midfielder for 10 + years

crouch yes won a b and f last year but is injury prone and what 27 next year?

I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom

m crouch Sloane hately laird keays plus pick 9 which will be a good young midfielder is a decent midfield
Jones and Schoenberg developing with a gun ruck in ROB

You’ll be better off without crouch

Forgive me for intruding
But that compo pick will probably be traded for hately correct?
So essentially it’s a straight swap of Brad crouch for hately
I know on paper it doesn’t sound great at the moment
But hately is gonna be a great midfielder for 10 + years

crouch yes won a b and f last year but is injury prone and what 27 next year?

I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom

m crouch Sloane hately laird keays plus pick 9 which will be a good young midfielder is a decent midfield
Jones and Schoenberg developing with a gun ruck in ROB

You’ll be better off without crouch
I'd be very disapointed if we used a pick in the 20s for Hately

If we can snare Poltter or Baldwin and he can stay injury free with pick 23, I think Hamish will make up for Kel's underperformance.

If we can snare Poltter or Baldwin and he can stay injury free with pick 23, I think Hamish will make up for Kel's underperformance.
Having watched them both on multiple occasions this year I would always pick Powell before Poulter if deciding between local midfielders. Powell is a ball magnet similar to his role model, Lachie Neal. However, Poulter is a damn fine prospect also.

Interesting to hear Brad say he plans to live back in Adelaide after his footy career finishes, sees this city as home

Too bad he'll have no connection with the club that feels the need to publicly insult its former players to appease the ego of a useless board member.

The contract they offered him suggests they would not trade their first rounder for him.

If you were a Saints supporter would you want to trade a first rounder for him? In your answer consider the contract the Saints offered generated band 3 compo.

Stephen Motlop and Rockland were band 2 Compo.

Would you trade a first rounder for either if them.

As a club and supporter base we over rated his worth.

Many here during the season wanted Brad Crouch out of the team at times this year (along with his brother).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
We got Band 3 because Brad's Flat wage for just being there is Low, 600K being reported, However, the Part the Crow's did not want was the length complied with all the triggers to his pay if he plays games, which are not part of the AFL formula, I am hearing if Brad meets certain conditions he will be getting well over 700k, Closer to 800k
I Do not know what the conditions are but 3rd hand information, Are seriously increased match payments, A Decent bonus when a certain block of Games reached in a year no matter what team (AFL or VFL),
Crows were not prepared to pay that much for 5 years, That I Can understand,
What I Do not Understand and like is the bullshit stance and threats they made, and then not follow thru. That is what I am pissed off with,

Eddie is too busy trying to deflect from the shitshow that is the Treloar situation, what a mess that is
Nice bit of spin here by Eddie and his Ch9 disciples. All being done "from a place of love and care".

Treloar's relationship with Collingwood now 'toxic'
By WWOS Staff08:10
As Adam Treloar's saga with Collingwood wages on, the relationship enters "toxic" territory.
That's the word from Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph who Treloar's situation at the Pies is bigger than player alone.
"I think the expression that comes to mind is 'toxic' in terms of his relationship with the Collingwood Football Club," he told Fox Footy.
"There are certainly some senior players that are aggrieved with how he is being treated.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Ff5128032-c868-4a2b-9e48-9c5076f7f1f7

Ralph dissected the thinking behind the frayed relationship, and how Collingwood's future thinking could be driving a wedge between the two parties.
"I think holistically Collingwood is aware of the fact, through their welfare staff and conversations with him and relationships with senior players, they feel like very quickly after his partner moves north that he would find it extremely difficult and he would be in a very troubled situation where he would want to move north," he said.
"They feel like they're almost getting ahead of that. When Adam says 'that's not true, I want to stay here', that's a very difficult conversation to have.
"You could say they have done it from a place of love and care ... but clearly he doesn't feel that's the case."

We got Band 3 because Brad's Flat wage for just being there is Low, 600K being reported, However, the Part the Crow's did not want was the length complied with all the triggers to his pay if he plays games, which are not part of the AFL formula, I am hearing if Brad meets certain conditions he will be getting well over 700k, Closer to 800k
I Do not know what the conditions are but 3rd hand information, Are seriously increased match payments, A Decent bonus when a certain block of Games reached in a year no matter what team (AFL or VFL),
Crows were not prepared to pay that much for 5 years, That I Can understand,
What I Do not Understand and like is the bullshit stance and threats they made, and then not follow thru. That is what I am pissed off with,
Didnt he miss 2018 due to injury, and 5 games this year? You can understand the Saints putting those conditions up.

And thus band 3.

As a Crows supporter would you want our club to trade a first rounder for a guy who has missed such a large chunk of the last two seasons?

Whichever way you look at it, the Saints offered a contract they deemed him worth. It is also highly likely they would not have traded us their first rounder based on how they valued him.

And 16 other clubs were either not interested or put in worse offers.

Our club and us supporters over value him. Kelly was too bullish and made us look like fools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt he miss 2018 due to injury, and 5 games this year? You can understand the Saints putting those conditions up.

And thus band 3.

As a Crows supporter would you want our club to trade a first rounder for a guy who has missed such a large chunk of the last two seasons?

Whichever way you look at it, the Saints offered a contract they deemed him worth. It is also highly likely they would not have traded us their first rounder based on how they valued him.

Our club and us supporters over value him. Kelly was too bullish and made us look like fools.

Definitely not arguing with you on that,
I agree with the Crows reason for not Bidding,
And even tho I like Brad, 5 years is too long when you look at his history.
But I would have liked them to do it without looking like fools,

The last 2 year's Brad has played 34 of a possible 40 games....A large chunk? Ummmm no.

Crows supporter would you want our club to trade a first rounder for a guy who has missed such a large chunk of the last two seasons?

Much prefer we cough up 2 x first rounders for a 29 YO half back flanker who we then pay not to play for us any more.

Or give a $800k 5 year deal to a 28 YO mid who can't play with a tag.

We hand out those shit deals out but baulk at signing a 26 YO club b n f winner tor $600k with triggers.

FMD, we have an infestation of idiots at the AFC.

Much prefer we cough up 2 x first rounders for a 29 YO half back flanker who we then pay not to play for us any more.

Or give a $800k 5 year deal to a 28 YO mid who can't play with a tag.

We hand out those sh*t deals out but baulk at signing a 26 YO club b n f winner tor $600k with triggers.

FMD, we have an infestation of idiots at the AFC.
We're learning from our mistakes. It's also a very different time in our window to when those decisions were made.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back