Brad Ebert

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, 112 games not good enough for Victorian J*** Ross Gibbs 293 games ...not enough for Victorian J*** yet 100 games plenty for them to rape the football world and cry it is for the football family tradition.

How many more times will you change the rules to protect your bottom dwelling, money devoid football clubs? It makes me sick to read some of the posts in here.
Pious P**** mouthing off with no idea of what has passed in the game.

So you're saying it would be fair to have the same number of qualifying games for the SA teams despite the fact that would give them access to a helluva lot more players than Victorian teams? Once you are only entitled to sons of former Crows and Power players the qualification will be the same. It really is a very simple concept.

Do you believe everything that you read?? Are you one of the chooks the media likes to feed (apologies to Sir Joh).

Yes he has followed Essendon and has a soft spot for them but he is a Port supporter. See he used the word followed not barrack. Brett knows he wont end up at Port. What's his second preference? Essendon. What pick do Essendon have? 6. What pick do the crows have? 10. What's in between? Freo, Lions and the Saints or even the Dogs at pick 5? Does he want to go there? Probably not! A little bit of PR when the boy gets a chance wont hurt his cause. Think a little, don't just eat up the stuff the media throws at you.

So then if we pick him up there will be no go-home factor because he already supports the club? Excellent result.

I think it's an absolute joke that he can't be picked up as a F/S selection. The AFL have completely messed up this rule, all because Geelong have had a bit of recent luck. Carrying on the family name through the one club is an important part of the game. Ebert should be at Port.

I think it's an absolute joke that he can't be picked up as a F/S selection. The AFL have completely messed up this rule, all because Geelong have had a bit of recent luck. Carrying on the family name through the one club is an important part of the game. Ebert should be at Port.

Thank you.

It is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT that 100 games for the Port Adelaide Football club at either SANFL or AFL level does not qualify for f/s.

Of course it wont change now, but it shows how unequal this competition is.

Imagine the rukus if this was a Daicos or a Silvagni. :mad:

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT

Yes, 112 games not good enough for Victorian J*** Ross Gibbs 293 games ...not enough for Victorian J*** yet 100 games plenty for them to rape the football world and cry it is for the football family tradition.

How many more times will you change the rules to protect your bottom dwelling, money devoid football clubs? It makes me sick to read some of the posts in here.
Pious P**** mouthing off with no idea of what has passed in the game.

One of the rare times I'll agree with a tingle but you should have got Gibbs, assuming the Crows nominate Glenelg as their ONLY club that fathers must have played 100 games for. This is one case where your team for all south australians line bites you in the bum. The sooner that the crows align themselves with one Sanfl club the better.
Crows with Glenelg (for f/s) with draftees going to Glenelg, South and WWT.
Port with Port (for f/s) with draftees going to Port, West and Centrals.
Third team with Norwood (for f/s) with draftees going to Norwood, Sturt and North and playing at Adelaide Oval.

Do you believe everything that you read?? Are you one of the chooks the media likes to feed (apologies to Sir Joh).

Yes he has followed Essendon and has a soft spot for them but he is a Port supporter. See he used the word followed not barrack. Brett knows he wont end up at Port. What's his second preference? Essendon. What pick do Essendon have? 6. What pick do the crows have? 10. What's in between? Freo, Lions and the Saints or even the Dogs at pick 5? Does he want to go there? Probably not! A little bit of PR when the boy gets a chance wont hurt his cause. Think a little, don't just eat up the stuff the media throws at you.

Hilarious post!...I can see you sitting at home by yourself...Am I hungry? Yes. What do I feel like? Toast. Do I want butter on it? Yes. What else should I add? What are the alternatives? Vegemite, Jam, Peanut butter.

the fact of it is that so many south australians do consider a return after a few years at an interstate club. I'ts been happening since the 90s with examples of Darren Jarman, Gavin Wanganeen, Tony Hall etc etc.

Cooney & Pavlich have also considered a return home, although id say some serious coin has kept them at their original club. If there was no such thing as a salary cap the crows most likely would have both of them back as Adelaide have so much money they don't know what to do with it.

I suggest some educational institutions, entertainment & cultural facilities and adding a lane or two to the road that leads out of the place!!! :thumbsu: ;)

Well, actually, Brad Ebert was quoted as saying only that he "likes" Port Adelaide, not that he is a Port Adelaide Supporter. :p

Timmeh was just passing on what Ebert had said... that he had followed Essendon in his youth. You say not to eat up what the media feed us... but we should instead decipher and subscribe to the insane and inane ramblings that you serve-up? :cool: Righto then! :thumbsu: :rolleyes:

Well, actually, Brad Ebert was quoted as saying only that he "likes" Port Adelaide, not that he is a Port Adelaide Supporter. :p

Timmeh was just passing on what Ebert had said... that he had followed Essendon in his youth. You say not to eat up what the media feed us... but we should instead decipher and subscribe to the insane and inane ramblings that you serve-up? :cool: Righto then! :thumbsu: :rolleyes:

I was happy to see Brad Ebert at the Seaton Ramblers v Port Districts amateur league Grand Final. You cant get any more Port Adelaide than that.

So you're saying it would be fair to have the same number of qualifying games for the SA teams despite the fact that would give them access to a helluva lot more players than Victorian teams? Once you are only entitled to sons of former Crows and Power players the qualification will be the same. It really is a very simple concept.

I am saying it should be the same rules for the entire competition. It is that so unfair, you seem to think it is.As for the numbers you have been sold a myth by the idiots in AFL HQ.

Family tradition for Victoria, the rest of OZ can go get F*****. that is what the motto is. Make no mistake about it.

Ask West Coast what they think of the Mortons having to go elsewhere but the bloody Danihers of the world can pick and choose. Protected species, Victorians, real koala bears.

The lad is a little brighter than Des Headland who wore his Freo polo top to the draft meeting when he knew he was going to be drafted by Brisbane. My bother in law has worked with his father Craig for more than 15 years ( and with Brett's brother for over a decade) and I have asked him about Brett's progress over the last 2 years. It's a free country, you can believe what you want to, but I'd rather listen to what Craig Ebert has told my bother in law. You seriously think that if the father son rule was 100 games for Port and not 200 that Brad wouldn't take up the father son option?? Have you read his AIS profile I linked? How come his most memorable sporting moment wasn't the 2000 Essendon premiership? I am happy to believe what I have been told, that he would prefer to end up at Essendon if he can't get to Port.

My understanding of the rule is fair. If a potential Adelaide or Port Adelaide player is the son of a 200 game player of the SANFL then they are eligible... that is the son of an SANFL player from ANY team, in Victoria it's 100 games and except in rare circumstances (Darcy Daniher) it is generally only 1 club to choose from.

Is this the correct ruling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the rare times I'll agree with a tingle but you should have got Gibbs, assuming the Crows nominate Glenelg as their ONLY club that fathers must have played 100 games for. This is one case where your team for all south australians line bites you in the bum. The sooner that the crows align themselves with one Sanfl club the better.
Crows with Glenelg (for f/s) with draftees going to Glenelg, South and WWT.
Port with Port (for f/s) with draftees going to Port, West and Centrals.
Third team with Norwood (for f/s) with draftees going to Norwood, Sturt and North and playing at Adelaide Oval.

So as a poo supporter this affects you too. Whether we are the team for all South Australians or exist to win premerships the rules are the same. You were just very lucky you got BEbert because his father didnt meet the qualified number of games (200). So you think that is fair that we chose from only one team, what about the other teams f/s dont they have a right to play in their home state too. Perhaps a more even system would be to drop the number of games to 100 (like Vic) but limit the amount of f/s we can get.

Seen him at Power games and he looked like he was happy to see them win....

Pity he will leave SA this year, Like Gibbs he will end up at a crap club...By rights he should play for Port Power...But like Gibbs what can you do???

Nothing with this bunch of self serving administrators we have now. The whole F/S rule has been a fiasco from day one. It should be scrapped.

The F/S rule is fair ...we have more teams allocated to us in the West and SA so it is obvious the threshold is a little higher.

Plus it is F/S ...not GF/S or Uncle/Son

If Ebert is the best available I would expect my club to take him.. if Port want him (ala Josh Carr) - pay a fair market price.

The F/S rule is fair ...we have more teams allocated to us in the West and SA so it is obvious the threshold is a little higher.

Plus it is F/S ...not GF/S or Uncle/Son

If Ebert is the best available I would expect my club to take him.. if Port want him (ala Josh Carr) - pay a fair market price.

Pray tell how is it fair? On what basis? More teams? You must be joking, so that in your opinion means 50 more games for you in the west and 100 more games in SA only during a particular time frame. I think you need to go away and think about the lies you have been told by the Victorians on this matter and then reconsider your stance.

Did you know that Jonathon Brown's old man played 59 games for the now defunct Fitzroy but by some quirk it meant his son could be snapped up by Brisbane. Was that fair? If you think that you have problems.

Have you been reading about what these Victorians want to pay for players? Fair price, they wouldn't know the meaning of that.

Pray tell how is it fair? On what basis? More teams? You must be joking, so that in your opinion means 50 more games for you in the west and 100 more games in SA only during a particular time frame. I think you need to go away and think about the lies you have been told by the Victorians on this matter and then reconsider your stance.

Did you know that Jonathon Brown's old man played 59 games for the now defunct Fitzroy but by some quirk it meant his son could be snapped up by Brisbane. Was that fair? If you think that you have problems.

Have you been reading about what these Victorians want to pay for players? Fair price, they wouldn't know the meaning of that.

Do you not think access to more teams is an advantage? I think some upper limit had to be put in place as weight of numbers will help the WAFL and SANFL clubs.

OK SA may be getting screwed over with the additional 50 but in reality the bidding system will enforce MV.

In 15 years time we can all be even (breed Pav, breed Pav)

I think the F/S should onyl apply to fathers who played for the CLUB...ie those who played for the CROWS...not Glenelg.. Ross Gibbs has never had any association

So clubs like WCE Freo and Adelaide will have to be patient....having said that the limit for all clubs should only be 50...This makes it fair....Port is a bit tricky, for F/S purposes pre 1997 layers should also be recognised, and only have to play 50 game...so Brad should by rights end up at Port Power...But I would love him at the Crows.

The current idea of bidding is good too....pity it wasnt in last year, as I bet Tom Hawkins would not of been had so cheaply. The bidding system would mean that these players go at their "market" value.

I think the F/S should onyl apply to fathers who played for the CLUB...ie those who played for the CROWS...not Glenelg.. Ross Gibbs has never had any association

So clubs like WCE Freo and Adelaide will have to be patient....having said that the limit for all clubs should only be 50...This makes it fair....Port is a bit tricky, for F/S purposes pre 1997 layers should also be recognised, and only have to play 50 game...so Brad should by rights end up at Port Power...But I would love him at the Crows.

The current idea of bidding is good too....pity it wasnt in last year, as I bet Tom Hawkins would not of been had so cheaply. The bidding system would mean that these players go at their "market" value.

So what you are saying is this. It is ok for Victorian clubs to have F/S but not WA and SA, becaurse we joined the national league in the last twenty years. It is ok to just toss all our heritage away but let them keep theirs. Is this correct? It is ok for 3 teams to be discriminated against while the rest just do what they like? Is this the view you really believe and think is FAIR?

Tom Hawkins was considered to be in the TOP 3 of the entire draft and they paid a 3rd rounder for him. Is this FAIR? Under what you believe, it is. Again I reiterate this stupid UNFAIR rule needs to be scrapped immediately.

So what you are saying is this. It is ok for Victorian clubs to have F/S but not WA and SA, becaurse we joined the national league in the last twenty years. It is ok to just toss all our heritage away but let them keep theirs. Is this correct? It is ok for 3 teams to be discriminated against while the rest just do what they like? Is this the view you really believe and think is FAIR?

Tom Hawkins was considered to be in the TOP 3 of the entire draft and they paid a 3rd rounder for him. Is this FAIR? Under what you believe, it is. Again I reiterate this stupid UNFAIR rule needs to be scrapped immediately.
the new bidding would ensure Geelong would have to give up a 1st round pick. In theory this could make F/S redundant. If the player is good enough.

We will get F/S players as our clubs get older.

I dont see f/s being a big issue to be honest. Geelong have done well out of it but it is luck. And lets be honest your sons should play at the club you played for and have a chance to wear the jumper you wore.

the new bidding would ensure Geelong would have to give up a 1st round pick. In theory this could make F/S redundant. If the player is good enough.

We will get F/S players as our clubs get older.

I dont see f/s being a big issue to be honest. Geelong have done well out of it but it is luck. And lets be honest your sons should play at the club you played for and have a chance to wear the jumper you wore.

You really don't get it do you? Go and look at the lists of ALL the teams in the league and see how many F/S the Victorian teams have on theirs and then see how many are on ours ( Crows), Power and the Freo teams. Eagles, Lions and Swans.

How do you think Carlton got Waite? Hint it wasn't by paying fair market price. He is only one of many. All of the many picks they have been granted this way over the last 20 years. Go on add them up and you will then see why it is such a big deal. Footballers at this level should be playing where they are drafted and not be moddiecoddled at any club their relatives happened to play for. The Crows have missed out on the Cornes boys Chad @#9, Kane @#20 because their father had only played 300 games and ONLY coached the Crows for the first 4 years and not 5 years. Then we come to Gibbs. Enough has been said on that fiasco. Eagles have 2 Mortons but the 3rd is at Collingwood and the 4th one who knows.

You think this is FAIR. Unbelievable!

At least my opinion does not look so bad to you now :p

Anyway scrapping it now would be silly - as I said with the bidding and as all the clubs age, it will become an absolutley level playing field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Ebert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back