Opinion Brad Hartman

Remove this Banner Ad

So I wonder , does tonight encourage him or not.
Fair point, but whilst it shitted me to tears, it gives us a precipice to hang over. Fight like hell and play like we can and back away from it or give in to the masses and fall over it..
For Jed, I would be sees it as opportunity to cement a spot going forward..

Go Catters

Sorry The rabbi - missed that bit. We agree, he's better now and has deserved his game.
And he was certainly not disgraced last night, either, he was getting swamped in the same life-raft as the 3 big blokes, and did his fair share of baling.

Good to see Bews getting games hope he stays in the team hope the CS and the MC don't swing the axe like some teams do after a lose like that.

On Hartman he must be getting closer to a game in the main team.After no showing to much in the VFL last season hes really starting to show signs.Pretty good turn around bye him I reckon.

Haven't seen much of Hartman so far but #InWellsWeTrust. Over the next few weeks we have games against Carlton, Melbourne, St. Kilda, GWS & WB so hopefully we can see a few younger guys given a chance like Lang, Jansen, Kolodjashnij, Hartman, Kersten, etc.

for 2 years ive been a lone voice. He'll be a gun. He's super athletic. His vertical leap is ridiculous. Skills are super. He's finally getting AFL fit and strong. And is 6ft2 in the old scale, pushing 6ft3. He's going to be a nightmare to match up on in 12 months time.
"Gun"? Really? I'll accept "handy bit-part player" at this stage.

for 2 years ive been a lone voice. He'll be a gun. He's super athletic. His vertical leap is ridiculous. Skills are super. He's finally getting AFL fit and strong. And is 6ft2 in the old scale, pushing 6ft3. He's going to be a nightmare to match up on in 12 months time.

Mmmm , gun? Well Id say he moderately athletic , His vertical leap is rarely used , His skills are adequate , kicking is reasonable to good of his prefer ed , he still has a fair way to go to get AFL fit and strong , he is just starting to show he is coping with VFL , he is listed at 188cm almost average height these days for a mid. Nightmare match up? I don't see him being anyone knightmare for a while yet.

If he can become a regular player , let alone gun , we will have pulled a win from this draft pick

Mmmm , gun? Well Id say he moderately athletic , His vertical leap is rarely used , His skills are adequate , kicking is reasonable to good of his prefer ed , he still has a fair way to go to get AFL fit and strong , he is just starting to show he is coping with VFL , he is listed at 188cm almost average height these days for a mid. Nightmare match up? I don't see him being anyone knightmare for a while yet.

If he can become a regular player , let alone gun , we will have pulled a win from this draft pick
we get it turbo. you dont like varcoe. you dont like hartman. you hated motlop until his sheer weight of performance shut you up - that said he's only 2 bad games away from you hating him again. All good. we get it.

we get it turbo. you dont like varcoe. you dont like hartman. you hated motlop until his sheer weight of performance shut you up - that said he's only 2 bad games away from you hating him again. All good. we get it.

Pardon? Would you like to specify where I have hated any of the above, including Hartman. If you said I have been in the negative side of the ledger on Hartman , Id agree. Where you picked up the Varcoe thing or the hatred of Motlop thing is beyond me. And as far as shutting me up , really?

You post that you have been saying the same thing for two years , that you are the lone voice then surely you are inviting comment as if you are the lone voice , all others will be posting contrary to your opinion .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

188cm, 6'3"?
He looks and plays much shorter than that when I've seen him in the 2nds TV games, he looks more like one of those small mosquito types.
Are those stats accurate? He simply doesn't look anywhere near Menzel, Duncan, HSmith height to me, much less 3" taller than Varcoe.

Pardon? Would you like to specify where I have hated any of the above, including Hartman. If you said I have been in the negative said of the ledger on Hartman , Id agree. Where you picked up the Varcoe thing or the hatred of Motlop thing is beyond me. And as far as shutting me up , really?

You post that you have been saying the same thing for two years , that you are the lone voice then surely you are inviting comment as if you are the lone voice , all others will be posting contrary to your opinion .
someone pointed the bone at you
ouch

188cm, 6'3"?
He looks and plays much shorter than that when I've seen him in the 2nds TV games, he looks more like one of those small mosquito types.
Are those stats accurate? He simply doesn't look anywhere near Menzel, Duncan, HSmith height to me, much less 3" taller than Varcoe.
That's interesting. The first time I saw him play (early last year IIRC), I thought he was bigger than I expected, at that time not knowing I'd have guessed around 190cm. I've since stood close to him at a VFL huddle and 188cm seems around the money.

That's interesting. The first time I saw him play (early last year IIRC), I thought he was bigger than I expected, at that time not knowing I'd have guessed around 190cm. I've since stood close to him at a VFL huddle and 188cm seems around the money.

OK, you and the website, good enough for me.

You are way off the mark here. Turbo and I have discussed Hartman several times and his point has always been that he should of been a rookie pick rather than a senior list pick. His point being Hartman was starting from such a long way back given how little footy he had played.
Your inference re these players is quite frankly unjustified and ludicrous .

definitely 188cm mate (6ft'2). Will probably grow another couple too as he's only 19. You get an idea when you stand next to these kids in the VFL, certainly don't look it from afar but they are up against matured bodies which can be deceptive.

OK, now it's you and catempire and the website, definitely OK with me. :D

reading other peoples views of him, seems to have made significant inroads this season. Worth persisting with for sure. Still very raw, not the best in traffic which is a main Geelong-trait but he is certainly developing most areas of his game and you never know with some blokes, they can look so far off it and then put it all together in the space of only a year or two.

Im very glad that he is making progress , because the task for him coming so far back set him up for a fail imo. Hope he plays on Sat and plays well with us being on TV and all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Brad Hartman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back