Toast Brad Lloyd - Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Out with Lloyd in with Wright?

He'd be a big upgrade to our Footy Dept.
I reckon next year he'll be ready to go again, don't reckon he'll stay out long.

Out with Lloyd in with Wright?

He'd be a big upgrade to our Footy Dept.
I reckon next year he'll be ready to go again, don't reckon he'll stay out long.

Reckon he might have Tassie lined up.
Would be a great get though.

Jimmy Bartel. Recently resigned from the board of GWS serving his role as footy director. Also had some experience with Brisbane in a List Management capacity prior to the GWS appointment.

Has a good relationship with Brian Cook....

edit; could be a replacement for Diesel?

watch this space
Happy for him to be on-board in some role, but not sure it should be Head of Football.

Jimmy Bartel. Recently resigned from the board of GWS serving his role as footy director. Also had some experience with Brisbane in a List Management capacity prior to the GWS appointment.

watch this space
Another good call, he'd be a great fit and is switched on, either of those two cant be worse than Lloyd.

watch this space
don’t even think Diesel is even aware of his position as Director of Football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think that Lloyd should be reemployed?

Apart from a couple of genuine ITK posters, no one here knows if he is ticking the boxes Cook set out for him, so none of us can answer it

Somewhat like assist coaches

Players - We can all see their strengths and weaknesses.

Austin - We can analyse his draft hits/misses and or list build. At this level, HP crosses over somewhat

Voss - Gauge and analyse his gameplan, tactics, perhaps get understanding if he can motivate/drive buy in

Beyond those 3-4 areas, it would be difficult to gauge succes or failure of role

Apart from a couple of genuine ITK posters, no one here knows if he is ticking the boxes Cook set out for him, so none of us can answer it

Somewhat like assist coaches

Players - We can all see their strengths and weaknesses.

Austin - We can analyse his draft hits/misses and or list build. At this level, HP crosses over somewhat

Voss - Gauge and analyse his gameplan, tactics, perhaps get understanding if he can motivate/drive buy in

Beyond those 3-4 areas, it would be difficult to gauge succes or failure of role

Such a waste of a post on a fan forum. You made the same non argument in defense of Russell. Despite player fitness being an equally obvious indicator. You ended up proven wrong on that one and just disappeared from the conversation. You'll do the same here no doubt.

I think Lloyd has been OK in general but what can you say when we got so much wrong as a club this year? This is a big boy sport and getting the big title / pay check means you own responsibility for the mistakes. He must have signed off on what Russell was doing and match committee/ team selection.

2024 was one long succession of awful mistakes that cost us a better than good chance of a premiership.

Cook has to be looking at Lloyd's role very closely right now.

Such a waste of a post on a fan forum. You made the same non argument in defense of Russell. Despite player fitness being an equally obvious indicator. You ended up proven wrong on that one and just disappeared from the conversation. You'll do the same here no doubt.
And he comes the strawman response. I've never disappeared from any topic

I thought your qualm was with the injury list, not fitness.

Injuries, my stance has never waivered, move on the injury prone or the new guy will have the same issue

As for fitness, I think you are the one that disappeared back half of last year, but you had plenty of mates

So, you have proven nothing

I think Lloyd has been OK in general but what can you say when we got so much wrong as a club this year?
I take it you can share what Lloyd's responsibilities entail

This is a big boy sport and getting the big title / pay check means you own responsibility for the mistakes.
How do you know if he has made mistakes if you don't know his brief

He must have signed off on what Russell was doing and match committee/ team selection.
You really think in an organisation, one person signs off on strategies?

2024 was one long succession of awful mistakes that cost us a better than good chance of a premiership.

Cook, along with all senior leaders will review the year, determine what worked and what didn't

More importantly, whether any area was successful or not, Cook's first point of call will be if the agreed strategies were adhered

I think Lloyd has been OK in general but what can you say when we got so much wrong as a club this year? This is a big boy sport and getting the big title / pay check means you own responsibility for the mistakes. He must have signed off on what Russell was doing and match committee/ team selection.

In fairness, every post on a forum is essentially a waste. We're hardly resolving any issues here & whether for or against, it's no more beneficial.

Arrow & I were disagreeing with some of the arguments put forward with Russell, both were open to him being moved on if that was found to be the optimal outcome, so to state he was wrong is a significant reach & one only used to prop up your argument here.

Like Mick, Pagan and others think we got Cook at the weakest of his cycle. Like Pies with Mick there was a reason Geelong thought Cooks time was nigh. From his two page Robbo spread yesterday get the feeling Cook has been a lot more laid back with us and is craving retirement.

In fairness, every post on a forum is essentially a waste. We're hardly resolving any issues here & whether for or against, it's no more beneficial.

Arrow & I were disagreeing with some of the arguments put forward with Russell, both were open to him being moved on if that was found to be the optimal outcome, so to state he was wrong is a significant reach & one only used to prop up your argument here.
Perhaps, but when the argument boils down to "you cant comment on anything about the club or its staff because you don't know 100% where the root cause is" stifles proper conversation and debate. We all want the same thing, we all have slightly different opinions on how best to get there - shutting down people you disagree with when you have similar gaps in knowledge doesn't achieve the desired goal of forum participation.

We are erecting dart boards everywhere it seems

As opposed to .... let's not discuss it ... nothing to see here .... all went well?

It didn't feel like it went well, and since we aren't privy to the kpi's for the position, we can only speculate as to who needs to take responsibility.

If it's not the footy manager, what exactly is he responsible for, and if it's not the onfield stuff and making sure we have what we need to be successful on field, what's the point of the position?

I don't think it's right that if the club can keep somebody's role sufficiently vague enough, that nobody can hold them accountable.

As opposed to .... let's not discuss it ... nothing to see here .... all went well?

It didn't feel like it went well, and since we aren't privy to the kpi's for the position, we can only speculate as to who needs to take responsibility.

If it's not the footy manager, what exactly is he responsible for, and if it's not the onfield stuff and making sure we have what we need to be successful on field, what's the point of the position?

I don't think it's right that if the club can keep somebody's role sufficiently vague enough, that nobody can hold them accountable.
Has anyone stated that?

The entry point to the recent flurry in activity was essentially a reactionary, sakc Lloyd post.
As with all personnel, his performance would be reviewed on an ongoing basis - if he's not up to it, he'll be moved on.
I understand being frustrated with our season, I also back Cook to make the appropriate informed decision.

Has anyone stated that?

The entry point to the recent flurry in activity was essentially a reactionary, sakc Lloyd post.
As with all personnel, his performance would be reviewed on an ongoing basis - if he's not up to it, he'll be moved on.
I understand being frustrated with our season, I also back Cook to make the appropriate informed decision.

You know, nobody has to actually say those words, right?

Talking of dartboards being brought out, as an attempt to denigrate concerns people have is an attempt to shut down discussion.

It's fair that you trust in a process of review at the club and those that conduct it, so don't have any opinion on a member of staff at the club.

It's also fair that on a discussion forum, where people presumably want to see the club progress, that people discuss amongst themselves what they see going wrong, and who they believe is responsible for that.

In the event that we don't know fully, the responsibilities someone has, because the role isn't well defined, then speculation is inevitable.

Fortunately, the club doesn't conduct their reviews based on BigFooty discussion points. As stakeholders under the club's constitution, critical analysis and comment is absolutely fair.

If someone tries to start a petition to oust a staff member, I'm not on board with that (regardless of my personal opinion), and would likely shut it down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Brad Lloyd - Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back