Toast Brad Lloyd - Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing discussed on the Prendercast pod was the need for someone to be questioning decisions rather than being "yes" men. Do we have such a person? Are they getting a say? Should that be Lloyd himself or should he ensure we have someone? The context was that we seem to have made a lot of poor decisions over the last few months. Hard to say without inside perspective. Maybe we have someone and it could have been worse if not for them?
I think Lloyd needs to be held accountable. All of the areas of concern, he is ultimately responsible for and has a big say in.

Leaves a lot of room for <insert excuses>

I don't want excuses. I don't want "compromise."

I want accountability.

Yes, it was a missed opportunity. Some of it was beyond our control, but FFS, so many bad decisions of the stuff that was within our control.

Agree. Need killer instinct throughout the playing, coaching, and footy management, if to get to the top…. Not a mediocrity mindset.

Think we need need some further coaching input/kickstart aswell. The same gameplan and the “10-15% growth from within” (ie same personnel) won’t cut it - that’s only how you keep up with the middle group and finish 8-12. Hawks Giants Lions Cats already gone ahead re this.

Sure there were injuries, but, scraped into finals at 8th, and, 10 goals down before 1/2 time, straight out. Would like to see an ambitious and aggressive mindset from all involved.

On that, need some targeted talent in the door this off season, if to move up.

Agree. Need killer instinct throughout the playing, coaching, and footy management, if to get to the top…. Not a mediocrity mindset.

Think we need need some further coaching input/kickstart aswell. The same gameplan and the “10-15% growth from within” (ie same personnel) won’t cut it - that’s only how you keep up with the middle group and finish 8-12. Hawks Giants Lions Cats already gone ahead re this.

Sure there were injuries, but, scraped into finals at 8th, and, 10 goals down before 1/2 time, straight out. Would like to see an ambitious and aggressive mindset from all involved.

On that, need some targeted talent in the door this off season, if to move up.
Brad Lloyd simply must go. Been pretty disappointed in Cook’s assessment of our off field managers. Huge queries on Voss and our line coaches. Lloyd has underperformed throughout the whole period he has been here. Make some tough calls Brian.

Brad Lloyd simply must go. Been pretty disappointed in Cook’s assessment of our off field managers. Huge queries on Voss and our line coaches. Lloyd has underperformed throughout the whole period he has been here. Make some tough calls Brian.
A lot of people seem to have blind faith towards Cook. Don't know what it is, but people who have had success at other clubs suddenly underperform or fail at their roles here. Why is that?

I am not surprised, given people were looking to Cook as some kind of next messiah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people seem to have blind faith towards Cook. Don't know what it is, but people who have had success at other clubs suddenly underperform or fail at their roles here. Why is that?

I am not surprised, given people were looking to Cook as some kind of next messiah.
BC at least knows what a high-performing organisation looks like. Believe he’s tried to implement at CFC, and has a pretty good eye for how operators go in the industry

Heard from someone in the industry say Cookies in ‘supperannuation mode’.

Of course he is. He’s retiring and it’s his last PAYG income generating super funding.

I've never seen someone put an expiration date on their job and not check out in some capacity.

I legit think it's impossible not to. Once the finish line is in sight - even if it's a little while away - the care level and work ethic drops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Brad Lloyd - Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back