Remove this Banner Ad

Know what I mean

Senior List
Suspended
Sep 25, 2007
Bridge Road
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well look he's tall and can run but really what can he offer the side apart from not suffering from gout. Really think the Crows will have their work cut out to get the best of him BUT moving clubs will be a good test for him, know what I mean?

Coffee%20Lover.jpg

I think a mobile 200 cm ruck/defender with some potential who achieved a rising star nom is worth a punt.

We need some experience in our ruck stucks just incase Biglands goes down or is playing poorly and to also protect us incase Griff or Maric get injured, while he doesnt have heaps of experience it is better than having to use a newly drafted green rookie in the ruck.

Must admit know very little about Moran until checking his profiles on the net.
He would appear to have some ability but has had no opportunity due to the other big men at the Kangaroos.
Moran is essentially a swap for Meeson, who also had few opportunities at Adelaide, but did not show a great deal in his 2 games - and he wanted to go back to Melbourne.
Everyone would be guessing on their futures - only time will tell - but I will take a punt and say that Moran will develop into a reasonable player with the Crows.

This bloke will be a superstar.....or he'll be a complete dud.

For a 3rd rounder, why not take the risk?

This bloke will be a superstar.....or he'll be a complete dud.

For a 3rd rounder, why not take the risk?

Exactly. Let's wait till he runs out onto the field before we pass judgement.

Back in 2003 when we drafted Scott Stevens I thought he was a total dud, and yet he's gone on to be a very reliable player and permament fixture in our team.

After some further discussions, they said he tends to look 'lost' on the footy field and doesnt know how to find the ball, once again Im concerned:(

Go check out the kangas board - some interesting discussions there and once you get past all the angst there are some supporters still being positive about him. Those that are angry are not happy to have lost him, that tells me that really he does have some upside but are not going to admit it.

Are those supporters you talked to ones that have watched him in the vfl this year? That is where he has played pretty much all this year. If it is on his 3 afl games then take their advice with a pinch of salt.

I think a mobile 200 cm ruck/defender with some potential who achieved a rising star nom is worth a punt.

We need some experience in our ruck stucks just incase Biglands goes down or is playing poorly and to also protect us incase Griff or Maric get injured, while he doesnt have heaps of experience it is better than having to use a newly drafted green rookie in the ruck.
its concerning that we are mentioning a 2 game player as providing some sort of experience.

I have a mate who played with him at Southport, didnt rate him at all and was very suprised he was drafted in the first place. Doesnt really speak too highly of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go check out the kangas board - some interesting discussions there and once you get past all the angst there are some supporters still being positive about him. Those that are angry are not happy to have lost him, that tells me that really he does have some upside but are not going to admit it.

Are those supporters you talked to ones that have watched him in the vfl this year? That is where he has played pretty much all this year. If it is on his 3 afl games then take their advice with a pinch of salt.

Yes they are commenting in general and who are members of the Kangaroos and attend all VFL/AFL games regularly, a kangaroos supporter is going to to know more than you or I and I wont take it with a pinch of salt just because Im told too:rolleyes:

Yes they are commenting in general and who are members of the Kangaroos and attend all VFL/AFL games regularly, a kangaroos supporter is going to to know more than you or I and I wont take it with a pinch of salt just because Im told too:rolleyes:

I wouldn't take it with a pinch of salt either, but surely you'd respect the opinions of an AFL club's recruiting team in comparison to a bunch of supporters? No disrespect to the Kangaroos board intended.

How can you show what your really made of in 3 games?

If you judged players on their first 3 games, there would be plenty of modern greats who wouldn't be playing.

Pick 37. He becomes a 100 game player we have done well. If he plays two games oh well it was pick 37 we move on.

The game he played against us he looked allright....Isnt he a convert from Basketbal??l...This would be why he gets lost on the field. New to the game.

Pick 37. He becomes a 100 game player we have done well. If he plays two games oh well it was pick 37 we move on.

The game he played against us he looked allright....Isnt he a convert from Basketbal??l...This would be why he gets lost on the field. New to the game.
I think he might have been a soccer lad

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back