Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Go check out the kangas board - some interesting discussions there and once you get past all the angst there are some supporters still being positive about him. Those that are angry are not happy to have lost him, that tells me that really he does have some upside but are not going to admit it.

Are those supporters you talked to ones that have watched him in the vfl this year? That is where he has played pretty much all this year. If it is on his 3 afl games then take their advice with a pinch of salt.

People are pissed off because half the Board sponsored him.

Same shit happened last year with Perry.

Saying this. He's got great attributes, but a massive ego. But with your player development facilities I imagine he'll turn into a gun.

People are pissed off because half the Board sponsored him.

Same shit happened last year with Perry.

Saying this. He's got great attributes, but a massive ego. But with your player development facilities I imagine he'll turn into a gun.
I have heard this said a lot in posts on your board in recent days .......how has everyone reached this conclusion?

I have heard this said a lot in posts on your board in recent days .......how has everyone reached this conclusion?

Have you ever seen him out? You'd know if you have.

Thinks he's top shit. Doesn't put in enough effort because he thinks he's about 100 times better then he actually is.

Have you ever seen him out? You'd know if you have.

Thinks he's top shit. Doesn't put in enough effort because he thinks he's about 100 times better then he actually is.

But doesn't that apply to a lot of top sportsman ? .....isn't this ego /arrogance ...call it what you will that made Carey into the superstar he was ....you know that strut.

Without it are they any better than any other player?

Moran is an athelete not a footballer

He is very very mobile and has a great speed and endurance for a ruck. however, he gets lost far too easily and can not read the game.

As said before will be an absolute gun for you or an absolute dog.

He was not given much opportunity this year because he was behind The big Mac, Hale and Petrie at times.

:confused:

Meesen leaves us becuase he feels he's not getting opportunities behind Maric and Griffin (he knows Hudson has gone).

Moran joins us from NM for better opportunities to play at AFL level.

Does anyone find this strange logic?
Change of scenery should help both players.

Moran would struggle to get a game ahead of McIntosh, Hale & Petrie in the ruck. However, you would have thought he would have been given a go in a key defensive post, given the lack of quaility tall Roo backman.

But doesn't that apply to a lot of top sportsman ? .....isn't this ego /arrogance ...call it what you will that made Carey into the superstar he was ....you know that strut.

Without it are they any better than any other player?

I'm not here to debate man.

Just saying.

hopefully the shock of going from the kangaroos facilities to our resource-rich club we knock some sense into him so he can develop to his potential
But I don't see how thats going to make him read the play any better, which is essentially his problem. I'm not one who is all that sorry to see him go. As mentioned, he's an athlete, not a footballer. As for his ego, when a guy wants to leave due to not getting opportunities before another guy who made the AA squad, it's fair to say he obviously rates himself pretty highly. Unfortunately, nobody else at the club did. Played one game this year in defence and looked all at sea. Good luck with him, but at this stage I'd say him turning into a gun is a long shot at best.

Oh well you guys (board) dont rate your coach, but he is a good one...

Since Moran is a Pom, does this mean the Centrals supporters will bring the Union Jack to crows games when he plays??

A the end of the day, we have got a bloke who seems to be rapt to be here and keen to learn and develop - He may be a project, but in the ong term, this could be a great deal.

his enthusiasm alone has won me over at this stage - I'll be waiting till next season and how he goes about it before i think about throwing any negative's around

I can see him being a cult player...

Brad Moran Brad Brad Brad Brad Brad Moran Ooooweooowee (however that song goes) get the Bay 114 guys on it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's the kind of kid who needs to be in the correct environment, needs to be at the correct SANFL club to help him develop.

Needs to have someone around him from whom he can learn all the technical aspects of playing as a 200cm player should play. Positioning, using his size, when & where to run, etc.

Someone like a Paul Lindsay or Simon Feast at SANFL level would be good influences on him.

Moran looks like the kind of bloke that the term "project player" was created to describe, but he cost nothing, so no harm in experimenting.

Sounds like he has a bit of confidence about him, this is never a bad thing to have.

That is exactly the reason he left us, his extreme confidence made him think that he should've been in the first team ahead of Hale/McIntosh.

Although, his great VFL form should've seen him play at least 5 games; a bit harsh that he only managed to break through for one game.

He's the second 200cm Southport boy we have on our list now. The club is looking at developing them both into KPPs. Is this a negative comment on Tippett? Insurance? Or do they hope Tippett will be at FF, Moran at CHB?

But I don't see how thats going to make him read the play any better, which is essentially his problem. I'm not one who is all that sorry to see him go. As mentioned, he's an athlete, not a footballer. As for his ego, when a guy wants to leave due to not getting opportunities before another guy who made the AA squad, it's fair to say he obviously rates himself pretty highly. Unfortunately, nobody else at the club did. Played one game this year in defence and looked all at sea. Good luck with him, but at this stage I'd say him turning into a gun is a long shot at best.

I think we're just taking a massive punt. IF he can develop good defensive skills (and he's come to the right place for those!) then with his height and uber-quickness for his size, he will be an unbelievable asset to our club.

We'd have a giant to take the giants that drift into the forward line against us, a tactic that West Coast always pull off bloody well with Cox and Seaby. Then when there aren't any of these kind of players, he still has enough speed to keep up with not so big key forwards.

If he doesn't turn into the player we want, we've only given up pick 37, which would've been an unknown anyway.

Lots to gain, nothing to lose.

He's the second 200cm Southport boy we have on our list now. The club is looking at developing them both into KPPs. Is this a negative comment on Tippett? Insurance? Or do they hope Tippett will be at FF, Moran at CHB?

Yeah, Moran is a defensive project, K-Tipp is a forward one.

Maybe they just recruited Moran as a Southport mate to Tippett, knock some of the "go home" excuses on the head :rolleyes:

I rate Brad and think has ridiculous potential, but he is a ruckman. If you are pinning any hopes on him being a KPP at either end, I'd guess you will end up dissapointed. Firstly, how many genuine KPP's are 200cm's? It requires a flexibillity, and dexterity that even athletic freaks like Moran can't muster. His overhead marking is developing but won't ever get to the level that is required for him to be more useful there than he will be in the ruck. And defensively, he's just not put together than way. Spoiling technique is ok, but the best defenders are natural defenders.

You just picked up a ruckman who out sprints most mids, has a massive engine, is aggressive and was a better ruckman in his third year than McIntosh was. And I watched both.

I rate Brad and think has ridiculous potential, but he is a ruckman. If you are pinning any hopes on him being a KPP at either end, I'd guess you will end up dissapointed. Firstly, how many genuine KPP's are 200cm's? It requires a flexibillity, and dexterity that even athletic freaks like Moran can't muster. His overhead marking is developing but won't ever get to the level that is required for him to be more useful there than he will be in the ruck. And defensively, he's just not put together than way. Spoiling technique is ok, but the best defenders are natural defenders.

You just picked up a ruckman who out sprints most mids, has a massive engine, is aggressive and was a better ruckman in his third year than McIntosh was. And I watched both.

No harm in trying ;)

While I don't know much about Moran, I dare say his rucking ability is behind that of Maric and Griffin, so we'll just throw as much shit at the wall as we can and see what sticks when it comes to this fella. We've got Tippett who is a genuine 200cm+ KPP, don't see why we can't try.

We'll be very lucky to develop Tippett or Moran into genuine AFL quality KPP's at their height.

The only true superstar KPP that is around that height would be Justin Koschitzke, Matthew Richardson they are both 197cm.
Signs are good for the future though, many future kpp's in the AFL are certainly rising in height.

These are the next batch of superstar kpp players
Scott Gumbleton - 197.1cm
Patrick Ryder - 197cm
Lachlan Hansen - 196cm.
Mitchell Thorp - 194cm
James Sellar -listed at 195cm but most likely is at around 197-198cm by now..huge.

Old school kpp's
Matthew Pavlich - 192cm
Nick Riewoldt- 193cm
Jonathon Brown - 195cm
David Neitz - 193cm

So they are definitely getting bigger, but 200cm genuine kpp? Gotta be very lucky, lets hope we are with one of em. :thumbsu:

So they are definitely getting bigger, but 200cm genuine kpp? Gotta be very lucky, lets hope we are with one of em. :thumbsu:

These guys aren't your usual 200cm players. Great pace/agility. Making height a non-factor if you're looking at negatives.

We'll be very lucky to develop Tippett or Moran into genuine AFL quality KPP's at their height.

The only true superstar KPP that is around that height would be Justin Koschitzke, Matthew Richardson they are both 197cm.
Signs are good for the future though, many future kpp's in the AFL are certainly rising in height.

These are the next batch of superstar kpp players
Scott Gumbleton - 197.1cm
Patrick Ryder - 197cm
Lachlan Hansen - 196cm.
Mitchell Thorp - 194cm
James Sellar -listed at 195cm but most likely is at around 197-198cm by now..huge.

Old school kpp's
Matthew Pavlich - 192cm
Nick Riewoldt- 193cm
Jonathon Brown - 195cm
David Neitz - 193cm

Don't forget how good Ottens is when he plays KPP. Or Lade. Westhoff is a very different type of KPP (in body terms) but he's still 199cm.

One out of two and I'd be over the freakin moon! But if both made it!? If we managed to field a fully functioning unit that has four 198cm+ players in it, look out :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back