Brad Ottens- Mark of the Year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ottens - Mark Of The Year

TheBrownDog said:
Here we go guys, encoded and uploaded.

Quality isnt great but I did my best with what was available ;)

Sensational stuff TBD!! Does it come with any sound and is there any way you can have it on loop (repeat)?

I reckon the mark was made even better for the fact he had Tim Callan come agonisingly close to punching it out of his hands.. DOH!!

svGEELONG_gallery__274x400.jpg

ciaobella said:
Sensational stuff TBD!! Does it come with any sound and is there any way you can have it on loop (repeat)?

I reckon the mark was made even better for the fact he had Tim Callan come agonisingly close to punching it out of his hands.. DOH!!

I just love the ride on the way down - just prolongs the enjoyment! Otto should have given it the lasooe (sp?).

Shame he had to put the left hand on the shoulder to get the elevation. Also was taken in front of his face rather than overhead.

Robbo's and several of Jeff White's recent marks also show that umpires are getting more lenient on this infringement since the days of Warwick Capper.

People have such short memories.
I think that for sheer vertical leap, Brett Allison's, Moorcrofts or any of Modra's would have to be among the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chapmanmagic35 said:
Yeah, seemed ace on TV!

Hey, seeing as you were at the game, did you notice the situation with the lights? They were reporting on Channel 10 that they had reverted to back up power and the lights were on at less than 50%

The power dropped off when they were making sure they had enough power for the siren. Wouldn't want the umpires not to hear it.

The Ottens mark was on the other side of the ground from me and everyone was clapping and cheering it around me, too. I reckon he cheated - using Baz and Jolly as launch pads is like using an extension ladder. For a second it looked like he was going to drop it on the way down. Classic.

There were generally some great moments in the whole game - Mooney's one handed grab, Baz's snap goal, the Swan's quick movement through about six players to one in space for a fast transition the length of the field for a goal, the SOG freak goal.

You just know it straight away when you see Mark Of the Year taken. There is never any ifs or buts. Your eyes widen, you stop breathing for a second, you fall off your chair, you applaud spontaneously and say to whoever can hear "Faaaaaark! How good was that!"

Sensational grab. He looked like he was leaping out through my TV screen, like a 3D movie, or something.

hrrm back to the best of the 20xx's i thought russell roberstons last year was an absolute screamer and i thought it was by far the best of the year ( against sydney, in the goalsquare!)

didn't see the mark but would like to
can someone tell me what quarter and about what time in quarter that he took it so I can look it up

cheers
K

metallichris said:
There is a clip in the middle pages of this thread, around post #40 or so. However it is quite poor quality, so if you want to look it up, the mark was taken roughly halfway through the final quarter. :thumbsu:

cheers mate
thanks for info

K

FuManchu said:
used his hands, therefore Thomas' is better. But I got to admit, Ottens jumped like someone who had a fence picket shoved fair up his ginger.

hold it.................
Haha :D

Early contender for May....

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Ottens- Mark of the Year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back