Remove this Banner Ad

pete18

Rookie
Sep 13, 2003
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Reports in the Australian stated that "the cats have had many talks with richomnd big man Brad Ottens" from what the article said he is keen to go tothe cattery and mark thompson is keen on having him. Geelong would have to give up something reasonable good in order to get his services, it said in the article they would be prepared to trade pick 7 and a player and ideas what player ??? i know spriggs is out of contract he would go nicely with the likes of coughlan

There's no point in Geelong drafting Brad Ottens.

He's not the greatest forward, and we're already stacked with ruckmen - King, Chambers, Mooney (capable), Graham (capable), Playfair (capable) and we're getting Mark Blake under the father-son rule, who predominately plays in the ruck.

Originally posted by Shaitan

He's not the greatest forward, and we're already stacked with ruckmen - King, Chambers, Mooney (capable), Graham (capable), Playfair (capable) and we're getting Mark Blake under the father-son rule, who predominately plays in the ruck.

Stacked with ruckman my arse. Chambers is close to if not as **** as street. Mooney couldnt ruck for **** just like he cant play footy for ****, graham is to soft to be capable at rucking playfair is the only other good option and his no giant. Ottens would be a great asset to the team and although he is notthe greatest foward he would no doubbt be our best player and our no.2 option in the foward line. We are lacking quality ruckman if anything mate.

im with you! id love to see ottens at geelong and think hed be a great asset to the club. pick 7 would be a suitable trade which tigers could use for solomon or brown. also id love to see the article !! shatian be honest. King is a great ruck but the others fall a fair way behind, and Blake will need time, besides ottens would be used as a key forward

I think Ottens would be a great pick-up for any club and in tandom with King would be the most lethal ruck division in the league. However he's likely to be part of the Brown deal.

Seb I think you have lost the plot. I will start by saying we have absolutely no chance of getting Ottens but if we could then he would be a the pick up of the trading period. The guy is a dead set gun. Remember he missed most of this season and the pre-season with injury. He would be the perfect forward and be sensational teaming up with Kingy. Anyway I don't know why I even bothered posting coz it will never happen. The fact that it is the Geelong Football Club we are talking about just compounds the issue :(

Just had a look on The Australian website and there was no mention anywhere of this rumour. Looks like just another bulldust thread. Why waste our time :mad:

Originally posted by BigCat1
Seb I think you have lost the plot. I will start by saying we have absolutely no chance of getting Ottens but if we could then he would be a the pick up of the trading period. The guy is a dead set gun. Remember he missed most of this season and the pre-season with injury. He would be the perfect forward and be sensational teaming up with Kingy. Anyway I don't know why I even bothered posting coz it will never happen. The fact that it is the Geelong Football Club we are talking about just compounds the issue :(

Probably have lost the plot, you're right there.

I just think there are better forwards out there, even though we're not going to get any of them.

If Richmond were willing to give him up, no doubt we'd look at him...but we'd be competing with 15 other clubs.

If the tigers are looking to get stronger by adding brown and soloman, IMO it would be a step backwards to trade Ottens. I thought he did well after returning from injury and will only be better íf'he can get through the preseason without getting injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond were willing to give him up, no doubt we'd look at him...but we'd be competing with 15 other clubs.

Spot on mate, it would be the Rawlings saga all over again. Both the Dees and WB could offer more.

PS still waiting for the article Pete. Just checked the archieves and there is no mention of it.

:eek:

You musn't be thinking clearly today Seb. He is the target man that we need.

Originally posted by Joel
...well, you guys need to fit in Nathan Brown and Solomon, if those guys end up at Richmond.

both being a waste of money... yes, we probably would have to give would have to give Ottens, Holland, #6, Bowden, Richo up which is a shame at Richmond.

Originally posted by Tim56
I'm thinking:

N. Brown to Richmond
Ottens to Geelong
Street and pick 7 to Footscray

If Ottens was really on the market, why would Geelong get involved. It would be a straight swap...Brown for Ottens.

But, anyway, its won't happen. Ottens will not be available for trade.

With all those names you definatley need Ottens! With the exception of King of course.

I've long held the view that only 3 players on Richmond's list are untouchable... Ottens, Coughlan and Johnson.

The only way Ottens would be traded was if Richmond knew something about his back and were going to cash in while he's still it maximum value. However, looking at the way he finished the year off - after missing the first half of the season - would suggest that he is 100% cherry ripe.

Let's stop this thread now!. If there was an article in Sundays Australian then it would have been posted or talked about on here long before now. It seems to be just one guys rumour. Lets see some evidence.

Originally posted by CJH
I've long held the view that only 3 players on Richmond's list are untouchable... Ottens, Coughlan and Johnson.

The only way Ottens would be traded was if Richmond knew something about his back and were going to cash in while he's still it maximum value. However, looking at the way he finished the year off - after missing the first half of the season - would suggest that he is 100% cherry ripe.

spot on.

Ottens is an absolute gun, if he's traded it will be for a lot more than what's been mentioned.
I think your 3 untouchables is pretty much right on too.

There is no point in Geelong getting Brad Ottens

If Brad Ottens came to GGeelong I would be smiling more than Brad Johnson, I am so stoked that there is even a rumour. Ottens 2 years ago I would of rated as one of the best players in the AFL, He is an Athletic player with one of the best marks ever!

Please let it be true!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

brad ottens to the cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back