Brad Scotts excuse this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoken like a bloke who has a 3 year contract, couldn't care less, doesn't care for the supporters, can't wait for the board to sack Brayshaw and Scott on the same day, might even send Caro an email.

Any other coach would be facing monumental pressure after the 4 seasons Brad has overseen.

Was RJ on to something a year ago?

FORMER North Melbourne chief executive Ron Joseph believes the club is imploding because of "a boy's club" that puts itself before the club, and that James Brayshaw is not the right man for the presidency.

“James Brayshaw has been genuine in some ways but I don’t think he is the right man for the job,” Joseph said.Joseph bought into the current crisis today, a day after Brayshaw accepted the resignation of chief executive Eugene Arocca who quit claiming his position was no longer tenable.

“What you need is someone who is going to embrace all of the people across the whole stream of the club,” said the mastermind of the glory days of the 1970s.

“You must have a certain personality for that and, not wanting to be disrespectful to James, he doesn’t have that. He doesn’t want to go beyond standing behind the microphone and making speeches.”

Joseph said he felt sad and disappointed to “see the place implode in the middle of the season.”

“There is no question at North there was a boys club in operation and it is unhealthy where people came before the club.

“When I was on the board I could see problems, particularly in the football area. There is a void in expertise (on the board) and when I mentioned that I was isolated,” he told RSN Racing & Sports.

“There is no question there was a boys club that should have been dismantled four or five years ago.

When I tried to express my views on it I was isolated, and booed out of the annual general meeting,” he said of his exit after 45 years at the club almost two years ago.

“Now standing from afar I suspect the North Melbourne Football Club does not come first (in some quarters).”

Joseph said Arocca “in some respects has done a very good job in very, very difficult circumstances.”

“It is sad to see a great football club implode."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ro...lbourne-brayshaw/story-fndv7pj3-1226386092886

I didn't watch the game today so have no pearls of wisdom, although after I saw our score I thought it was quarter time instead of end of game.

Makes sense throughout. Good to see Levi getting a pat, Boomer a slap and our defensive game is in the shit but we can fix it.
I thought the defence was a standout today, our mids were exposed, Cunners and Jack notwithstanding, Brad needs to go and soon.

BS now living on that river in Egypt.

I hear we are now going for low altitude training In Egypt at the Qattara Depression 133 m below sea level.

Qattara Depression so named for having to endure the 4 quarters of Ross Lyon football and kicking to Petrie when obviously there must have been 2 or 3 other blokes without an opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iirc you were damning of this sentiment at the time.

Are you reconsidering this position?

There is definitely a lack of accountability at the moment. My prediction is that Carl Dilena as a proud proven professional who has his own reputation on the line may want to look harder at the football department now.

The question will be whether he is blocked from initiating any meaningful reviews or changes if these are required.

That's interesting isn't it.

You know, a club legend, 45 years of love for the club. His views dismissed because so many people bought into Brayshaws' singular vision at any cost. I don't know, there seems to be a lot of collateral damage. Decent collateral damage such as Arocca, who couldn't stand what he was seeing. And as soon as they state that, they're at fault. Maybe they're not the ones at fault.

I'm not sold on Brayshaw etc - the cracks appeared for me with the offer of the job to Buckley "if he wanted it" - there just didn't appear to be a due process followed there. Then you hear about Hardwick not given a serious interview. The Arocca and Joseph, and the other disillusioned North people. Then Scotts' given a huge extension after proving nothing.

I'm not sold on this at all costs just because he said 'we are staying in Melbourne' and that's what I wanted to hear at the time. That shouldn't cloud peoples' judgement of the job that's being done, just because they were told what they wanted to hear at the outset.

Serious questions need to be asked. If there's a great of the club saying there's a 'boys' club' that needs to be broken, you damn well listen to him. His views don't suddenly turn to crap because he disagrees with something.

He is delusional. I also noticed he didn't mentioned these easy fixes again.

They are easy in theory, which is Brad's strong suit. Reality is still a bit of a problem.

Both brothers coached from the same playbook today

but at least his brother looked to be a trifle pissed off at his presser, strange how brad gives praise to how valuable crowleys role is for his team, but refuses to give a player the same role in our team, allows the opposition to have a loose man in our F50 constantly, and we all know how that turns out, way too stubborn and inflexible for his own good and ours,

That's interesting isn't it.

You know, a club legend, 45 years of love for the club. His views dismissed because so many people bought into Brayshaws' singular vision at any cost. I don't know, there seems to be a lot of collateral damage. Decent collateral damage such as Arocca, who couldn't stand what he was seeing. And as soon as they state that, they're at fault. Maybe they're not the ones at fault.

I'm not sold on Brayshaw etc - the cracks appeared for me with the offer of the job to Buckley "if he wanted it" - there just didn't appear to be a due process followed there. Then you hear about Hardwick not given a serious interview. The Arocca and Joseph, and the other disillusioned North people. Then Scotts' given a huge extension after proving nothing.

I'm not sold on this at all costs just because he said 'we are staying in Melbourne' and that's what I wanted to hear at the time. That shouldn't cloud peoples' judgement of the job that's being done, just because they were told what they wanted to hear at the outset.

Serious questions need to be asked. If there's a great of the club saying there's a 'boys' club' that needs to be broken, you damn well listen to him. His views don't suddenly turn to crap because he disagrees with something.
Yeah Brayshaws lost me when he wanted to shift 8 of our home games to Tasmania. Nah sorry it was when he donned the Borat outfit. Nah it was when he signed Brad Scotts til 2069. To be truthful it was when he donned the Wonder Woman outfit. O.K. It may be when he was against an amendment to our constitution to cap the number of home games sold outside Victoria. Maybe it was when whispers of a boys club mentality emerged or when stories of Brayshaws' unwillingness to "press the flesh" surfaced.

Short of being the figurehead of the keep North at North movement at board level coupled with the appointment of Eugine Arocca as CEO "back in the day" I really can't think of a decision that Brayshaws has made that has made me proud that he is our club President. Even as a Footy Show host he rarely promotes our club Eddie McGuire style. Seriously then why is this turkey our President? What does he honestly bring to the table? What is his skill set? Talking to the media? Good with words? Reminds me a lot of our coach. All talk and no substance. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Scotts excuse this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back