Prediction Wins this season? After first 3 rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely think we’ll win doughnuts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dude seriously... Before the start of the season and if you were being genuinely honest, could you see us winning any of our games up until this point?

This is how I saw it:

GWS Away - No chance. Possible heavy loss.
Freo Home - 50/50.
Carlton Home - No chance. MacKay and Curnow will kill us.
Brisbane - No chance.
Cats Away - Very unlikely even though I don't rate the Cats this year.

The AFL has dealt us a Sh*t Sandwich for the start of our year. 3 of last years Preliminary Finalists in the first 4 weeks!

Our season starts the following week against the Hawks. This will tell the story of whether we are able to take our opportunity to bag a win or whether our confidence has been diminished after several hidings against top teams.

Our season starts the following week against the Hawks. This will tell the story of whether we are able to take our opportunity to bag a win or whether our confidence has been diminished after several hidings against top teams.

This is what I'm worried about. If I see the team dropping their heads and losing to teams who are more on our level I'll be livid. This round 1-5 run sucks immensely for us but I don't want it killing our season outright. The Hawks so far look pretty bad but they do fire up and refuse to give in, and that could very well get them the win over us. Don't let them do it!

No excuses not to beat West Coast. Zero. I don't care if that game is played on the moon.

Should be confident against Hawthorn, but who amongst us is confident?

Surely sneak one against a few of Richmond, Essendon, GC.

And then a random one against a good side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's so annoying about our draw is most of our winnable games are towards the end of the season, so we might decide to be tanking by then, or our confidence will have been shot from the rough start by facing the contenders.
Hopefully we come home with a wet sail.

I wouldn't be concerned about tanking either. If we didn't tank the most tankable match in the history of tanking last year we never will.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

No excuses not to beat West Coast. Zero. I don't care if that game is played on the moon.

Should be confident against Hawthorn, but who amongst us is confident?

Surely sneak one against a few of Richmond, Essendon, GC.

And then a random one against a good side.

Hawthorn we are a chance but then again they aren’t in the worst form

Richmond are playing good footy even though they have shitloads of injuries now!

Bombers no way and GC will beat us easily

Those two wins at the start of last season really were like a carrot on a stick that got me through that twenty loss streak... the uncertainty of this season so far is unsettling. I feel like Adelaide in Hobart might be more likely than Hawthorn right now.

Those two wins at the start of last season really were like a carrot on a stick that got me through that twenty loss streak... the uncertainty of this season so far is unsettling. I feel like Adelaide in Hobart might be more likely than Hawthorn right now.

I was quite confident the last 2 times against Hawthorn..both were 8 goal losses.

They have no real reason to be concerned about us atm

I reckon 5 or 6 wins for sure. I can see us beating a few teams we maybe shouldn't from Suns/Swans/Bombres/Crows/Dogs/Saints.
WCE, Hawks, Bombres and Tigers are the most winnable games but we could split some of them.
The Optus WCE game is the kinda game where the AFL puts the call in if they're winless and we take the L or Clarko might give Simmon a bit of a chop out lol.

Dude seriously... Before the start of the season and if you were being genuinely honest, could you see us winning any of our games up until this point?

This is how I saw it:

GWS Away - No chance. Possible heavy loss.
Freo Home - 50/50.
Carlton Home - No chance. MacKay and Curnow will kill us.
Brisbane - No chance.
Cats Away - Very unlikely even though I don't rate the Cats this year.

The AFL has dealt us a Sh*t Sandwich for the start of our year. 3 of last years Preliminary Finalists in the first 4 weeks!

True. However, we can’t let all our 50-50 games slip like with Freo.

A disappointing start to the year no doubt. Three tough games, but only 2 quarters won, all games shot to bits by 3/4 time, and a 40+ average losing margin. But in an effort to add some context to the tough start... The 2023 H&A wins minus wins by 2024 opponents so far ladder!!

13 - Port Adelaide
12.5 - Carlton
12 - GWS
11 - Collingwood
10 - Brisbane Lions
10 - Fremantle
9.5 - Geelong
9 - Melbourne
7 - St.Kilda
7 - Western Bulldogs
7 - Essendon
6.5 - Sydney
6 - Gold Coast
3 - Adelaide
0.5 - Richmond
-1 - Hawthorn
-4 - West Coast
-6 - North Melbourne

Yes - I get the teams that are doing well are probably doing well because they've played us.

We will be a very different side after the bye IMO.
With Logue and Comben back in defence and our midfield rested plus hopefully trailling Sellers and Maley in offence we will be a much better side to the one currently on display...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back