Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree completely with this. IMO he looks good when he gets it but is consistently only getting low possession games (eg tonight he only got about 10 I think, although he was off the ground for a fair while), which is just not enough. Cripps is in a similar boat, although I think Sheppard looks a lot better than him. I think Sheppard will benefit from going to East Perth and being played exactly how the Eagles want him - hopefully in a set position.
I think that would be best as well. Instead of in and out of the team a nice stretch of games in the one position and then bring him in to play that. Question is what is the best position for him in the team? Players like A. Selwood and A. Embley have copped a lot of flak this year but they are hampering the development of players like Sheppard

I don't think Shepherd was great on Saturday, but he did compete hard on the last line of defence and wasn't as easily brushed off as he has in the past.

Shepp has skills that I think are better used forward of the ball

The kick inside 50 is arguably the toughest in the game and it is one he is pretty good at.

I don't think Shepherd was great on Saturday, but he did compete hard on the last line of defence and wasn't as easily brushed off as he has in the past.

Shepp has skills that I think are better used forward of the ball

The kick inside 50 is arguably the toughest in the game and it is one he is pretty good at.

Shepp, Gaff and Cripps all had solid games. None got a mountain of it but they ran well used it pretty well, all of them fed off Priddis, Masten and Hutchings and linked up well with Dalziell, Schofield and others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never has one player just failed to make a contest so many times.

Either he's so pacy that no other player would have got that close, or there is a number of 3/4 pace strides when contact looks likely.

Looking at the amount times he had an intercept mark occur just in front of him, I suggest the latter is most likely.

2009 Draft

Melbourne FC likes this

8 touches from Sheppard :thumbsdown: For a guy starting on the ground. That's pretty disgraceful.

I have been hoping that Shep would make the grade but sadly I now feel that he is a waste of an early draft pick. He was woeful today - he makes too many unforced errors and has no strengths at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back