Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Sheppard even played one full game in the middle? If thats his natural position, shouldnt he be at least played there enough to decide whether he's worth persisting with? Ive seen him do some good things this year, but ive also seen him be a bit invisible at times when shifted all over the place from half back to half forward. It would be nice if we could play him through the middle for the rest of the year and see how he goes. If he doesnt improve then look at delisting him or trading him at the end of year depending on if he has any currency.

No. no.

Masten had some excellent games even in his first year. Majority of the supporters just have the memory of a goldfish

Masten had patches of good form but sdb is completely right in suggesting that was when Masten became a regular, consistent contributor.

Sheppard's had some cracking games in the past too.

He hasn't got midfield smarts right now, I would have him-play HFF, leading up the wing,( Hams the spud has this role ATM) has speed to turn quickly & deliver lace out, problem like a lot of the flakers ATM is we bomb it in long instead of lowering the eyes and hitting up a 20 meter CHF, so I would say hes getting too structured in his footy, needs the defensive pressure to be released and used more freely to run wide , but because our midfield is so average, we have no choice .

I've haven't been a big critic so far but after his effort against GC I'm now officially worried. We need to find his best position and stick to it.

2014 is his last chance. If, after 5 AFL preseasons he's still not in our best 22 then it's time to move on.

I feel like the worse thing we could do now is drop him, which is what I expect will happen.

Agree that 2014 is pretty much make or break for shep, especially if we do as expected and draft mids this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reminds me a bit of late 2000s Nicoski. that deer in headlights look

I've haven't been a big critic so far but after his effort against GC I'm now officially worried. We need to find his best position and stick to it.

2014 is his last chance. If, after 5 AFL preseasons he's still not in our best 22 then it's time to move on.

Hardly his last chance. Might get a one year deal at the end of 2014 if he doesn't perform as expected.

Considering a) we wouldn't get anything for him and b) there is plenty of dead wood on our list to cut anyway, I think that would be a very foolish thing to do.
Dunno, value in the eye of the beholder, his stren.. his spe.. his dispos.. yeah, you're right. Delist then?

He is only a few protein shakes away from Gaff and Priddis' weight division, perhaps his core strength is more of the problem than his overall weight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back