Bradshaw quits Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I have often wondered, as well, how much "damage" Managers do during these negotiations, while trying to get a better deal for their players..

It certainly has been an emotional rollercoaster these last two weeks:(

interestingly enough no other news site HUN/AGE etc has picked it up..maybe they realise its just hammo also

HUN is reporting it now.

The Age ran a speculative story about it last night.

Those clinging onto hope that its a Hammo clanger should start preparing themself for the worst.

If it's because he wanted more than a 1 year deal then so be it. I'd be furious if the club signed anyone that age to a longer contract.

He also stated he was more than happy to discuss options with Carlton so the club is hardly to blame for 'making him feel not welcome'.

I won't believe it until there is a source.

That and the headline is grossly misleading "Bradshaw quits" cannot be backed up by the content of the article which says that he is "poised to quit".

I don't believe this any more than the rumours that were floating around during trade week.

EDIT: Looks like the headline was changed to "to quit" instead of "quits".

Why would he quit after the delistings?

I'm not happy about this whole situation, it would have been a lot nicer if we did trade him to Carlton and then he retired.

I won't believe it until there is a source.

That and the headline is grossly misleading "Bradshaw quits" cannot be backed up by the content of the article which says that he is "poised to quit".

I don't believe this any more than the rumours that were floating around during trade week.

EDIT: Looks like the headline was changed to "to quit" instead of "quits".

You are in denial at the moment, what a great trade Fev will be when we get Pick 12, a young gun in Henderson and now Bradshaw. :thumbsu:

You are in denial at the moment, what a great trade Fev will be when we get Pick 12, a young gun in Henderson and now Bradshaw. :thumbsu:

A Carlton fan getting ahead of themselves?! Say it ain't so! :eek:

Sugarcoat it all you like. The way we have gone about this pre-season has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Raines, Buchanan, and Staker are a clear downgrade of Dalziell, Macdonald, and Hooper no matter how anyone tries to deny it.

We actually looked at bringing guys like Hadley back to the club. Add this to Voss trying to lure Street and White to the Gabba last year and it is clear he is stuck in 2005.

We have lost talented assistant coaches and replaced them with blokes from the worst team in the land. Sure McRae is a favourite son, but look at his record with the Tigers objectively and tell me whether that was a good choice.

We overpaid and sold our most promising young tall for Fevola. Now the benefit of getting him in the first place is completely lost by losing Bradshaw and Henderson. Bradshaw, Henderson and pick 12 for Fevola!! My God.

Bradshaw told us to stuff it after Voss tried to offload him all week. Expect Rischitelli to do the same next year.

I'm quite happy for people to have a go at me and call me a pessimistic sod or dispute that "the sky is falling", but today our great club, and one that looked to have so much promise during 2009 is officially the laughing stock of the competition.

Get stuffed Bowers. I'm sure you remove all supporter's emotion from your decisions. They have every right to feel disappointed this week.

Get stuffed Allan. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And stick to Supercoach during trade time next year Voss. You have looked way out of your league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon, give him 2 years, heck, make it 3.

Heh... no thanks. There is a balance between emotion and pragmatism. The club may have strayed too far towards the latter, and you towards the former.

I have to agree with Warwick, Voss's judgement is starting to look very suspect. Losing Bradshaw this way is a disaster. I really thought that despite some obvious deficencies our team was starting to gel as just that, a team. Now with all this destabilising changes i have to wonder just how much loyalty to the team will remain. I will be totally p*ssed off if Bradshaw quits and plays elsewhere.:mad:

Sugarcoat it all you like. The way we have gone about this pre-season has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Raines, Buchanan, and Staker are a clear downgrade of Dalziell, Macdonald, and Hooper no matter how anyone tries to deny it.

We actually looked at bringing guys like Hadley back to the club. Add this to Voss trying to lure Street and White to the Gabba last year and it is clear he is stuck in 2005.

We have lost talented assistant coaches and replaced them with blokes from the worst team in the land. Sure McRae is a favourite son, but look at his record with the Tigers objectively and tell me whether that was a good choice.

We overpaid and sold our most promising young tall for Fevola. Now the benefit of getting him in the first place is completely lost by losing Bradshaw and Henderson. Bradshaw, Henderson and pick 12 for Fevola!! My God.

Bradshaw told us to stuff it after Voss tried to offload him all week. Expect Rischitelli to do the same next year.

I'm quite happy for people to have a go at me and call me a pessimistic sod or dispute that "the sky is falling", but today our great club, and one that looked to have so much promise during 2009 is officially the laughing stock of the competition.

Get stuffed Bowers. I'm sure you remove all supporter's emotion from your decisions. They have every right to feel disappointed this week.

Get stuffed Allan. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And stick to Supercoach during trade time next year Voss. You have looked way out of your league.

Damn it Warwick, I agree with every word of that!

Can't believe our club has traded heart and soul like this. I always thought Brisbane would never be one to do that. Ever. But after this, I'm not so sure I can stick with my "Voss has a plan, it will work out" psychie. Absolutely shattered.

SEN haven't quite confirmed it.

Brisbane Lions forward Daniel Bradshaw has rejected a contract offer from the club, and is weighing up his future.

[..]

Discussions with the Lions are expected to be held over the weekend, with Bradshaw's manager Colin Young confirming to SEN his client's discontent.

It is believed Carlton is interested in picking Bradshaw up in the pre-season draft.

link

There's a difference between quitting vs rejecting a contract offer and having further talks. If this is what his manager has said then perhaps not all is lost.

Detaching myself from the emotion of the situation, which tells me to feel very negative about this...

I don't think that this is exactly D-Day from a list point of view. I do hope that it end up being wrong, but we will still be able to succeed as a club in 2010.

Thanks for the memories though Braddles.

PS. How do people think this will change our structure?

There's been all sorts of detachments, hasn't there?

Detachment: assistant coaches, delisted players, unhappy players, unhappy supporters, change... but hey, we're now in the premiership window!!!:rolleyes:

All for one, and one for one.:confused:

Both Braddles and Rischa, seem to come our of the Fev trade disenfranchised. So much for unity, loyalty and integrity.

Ahhh the price of success. Thank goodness the jumper remains, otherwise we may recognize our beloved Lions.

Onwards and upwards. Members will stay loyal, someone has to.

So your coach has gutted the list (including some pretty decent players), traded in a handful of spuds and a cancer in Fev and now pissed off a highly respected veteran of the side.

You guys cut Voss alot of slack for what he delivered as a player but if 2010 goes south he should be sacked immediately. It's been an extraordinary display.

So your coach has gutted the list (including some pretty decent players), traded in a handful of spuds and a cancer in Fev and now pissed off a highly respected veteran of the side.

You guys cut Voss alot of slack for what he delivered as a player but if 2010 goes south he should be sacked immediately. It's been an extraordinary display.

Cue the cat in 3...2...1...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradshaw quits Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back