Unrestricted Free Agent Brandan Parfitt [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Other clubs will come looking, I'd think.

If we don't offer him a new deal, it's probably to allow someone else to pick him up as a DFA with no fuss.

Not sure about that. We have a very good development program so other clubs might look at him and think this player is right in the age bracket the Cats need, and if they haven't been able to turn him into an AFL mid, can we?

Not sure about that. We have a very good development program so other clubs might look at him and think this player is right in the age bracket the Cats need, and if they haven't been able to turn him into an AFL mid, can we?
I think it's more similarity to other mids we have

Richmond with struggle to field a team next year so I assume he gets 2 years with them

Other clubs will come looking, I'd think.

If we don't offer him a new deal, it's probably to allow someone else to pick him up as a DFA with no fuss.
Even if you offered him a deal he could just leave for free with no fuss as he’s an unrestricted free agent

I think it's more similarity to other mids we have

Richmond with struggle to field a team next year so I assume he gets 2 years with them
I would doubt Richmond would have any interest in Parfitt
We will be trying to get games into the kids on the list like Sonsie , McAuliffe , Clarke , Banks , Campbell as well as the new draftee's we recruit to accelerate the rebuild. Prestia , Hopper , Taranto , Ross , Ralphsmith will be our 'experienced' players that would be the mainstay.

Has Parfitt even been linked to any club , Maybe West Coast would be a better fit for him

I would doubt Richmond would have any interest in Parfitt
We will be trying to get games into the kids on the list like Sonsie , McAuliffe , Clarke , Banks , Campbell as well as the new draftee's we recruit to accelerate the rebuild. Prestia , Hopper , Taranto , Ross , Ralphsmith will be our 'experienced' players that would be the mainstay.

Has Parfitt even been linked to any club , Maybe West Coast would be a better fit for him
Potentially. But also, you need to have players that you can use to keep underperforming kids in the twos and make then earn selection. It's not zero value

Potentially. But also, you need to have players that you can use to keep underperforming kids in the twos and make then earn selection. It's not zero value
If Graham leaves Richmond wouldn't risk devaluing the compo pick, But if he stays then there is another player ahead of him. Dont think he would be in the conversation for Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant fathom under what circumstances of life led Eagles to a point where we would give Liam Baker a 6 year deal, tons of draft capital and money as opposed to just giving this guy a 2 year deal.

Parfitt is like maybe 70% of the player that Baker is for example whose coming for 1/5th of the cost really.

Just move on guys and make this one happen instead

I cant fathom under what circumstances of life led Eagles to a point where we would give Liam Baker a 6 year deal, tons of draft capital and money as opposed to just giving this guy a 2 year deal.

Parfitt is like maybe 70% of the player that Baker is for example whose coming for 1/5th of the cost really.

Liam Baker would get a game at every AFL club and has 3 teams with contracts infront of him to decide
Parfitt looks like getting delisted and Baker can play multiple positions at a high level.

Think you didnt watch enough of Baker

Liam Baker would get a game at every AFL club and has 3 teams with contracts infront of him to decide
Parfitt looks like getting delisted and Baker can play multiple positions at a high level.

Think you didnt watch enough of Baker
It's about cost.

No doubt Baker is a better player than Parfitt.

One will cost you salary and trade assets and the other a spot on the list.

Plus, they are very different players. I don't think is a good idea to compare.

Every percentage point you add to how good a player is would be like a square law of difficulty to increase. 70% is a long, long way from 100%

It's about cost.

No doubt Baker is a better player than Parfitt.

One will cost you salary and trade assets and the other a spot on the list.

Plus, they are very different players. I don't think is a good idea to compare.
I was reply to the eagles supporter that mentioned Baker

Sounds like you prefer a bag of spuds for free over decent players for something.

Solid list management right there.

Even if you offered him a deal he could just leave for free with no fuss as he’s an unrestricted free agent

I dont think we will offer him anything but he will leave either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Brandan Parfitt [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back