Player Watch Brayden Cook - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame about his kicking in the first quarter. Could have been a good game from him. Usually his one wood too

He's still at the glimpses stage. I love that we're persisting with him but would love to see him really stamp himself on a game. Stitch up his spot

Better game from Cook on Sunday I thought. I like that he spent some time in the back half also.
He was on wing, wasn't he? He has very good running patterns and presentation, and, as usual, was visible from the defensive goal square to the attacking goal square. I don't think he gets used often enough. He has to stay. As has been said, his last game was very good, apart from his first quarter kicking.

Shame about his kicking in the first quarter. Could have been a good game from him. Usually his one wood too

He's still at the glimpses stage. I love that we're persisting with him but would love to see him really stamp himself on a game. Stitch up his spot

He’s an accessory piece IMO. I think he’s the kind of guy whose output will only increase if we become a top 5/6 side. However, I think he’ll be super valuable in that scenario.

Better game from Cook on Sunday I thought. I like that he spent some time in the back half also.
Did you delight in his 46% disposal efficiency? This was by far the worst DE in our team.

He blasted up from 5 effective disposals against GWS to, wait for it…………SIX effective disposals against the lions. Throw in zero goals and zero tackles and surely it was a breakout game???

I think Cook will be that player who in the next few years will just explode. He’ll have that break out game where it will all click and their will be no looking back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be that player who will have that breakout game in the next few years and he will go from boy to man and it will all just click. Has all the attributes just needs to start finding it 20 times a game

Did you delight in his 46% disposal efficiency? This was by far the worst DE in our team.

He blasted up from 5 effective disposals against GWS to, wait for it…………SIX effective disposals against the lions. Throw in zero goals and zero tackles and surely it was a breakout game???
To quote the biggest FIGJAM on this site: Were you at the game or did you watch on the Telly?

Yeah, he had one of his poorer disposal efficiency games... but you know this was very much the exception to the rule.

If only you applied the same posting standards to our 100 game small forward... who has demonstrated time after time he is not up to AFL standard.

Last edited:
Yeah, he had one of his poorer disposal efficiency games... but you know this was very much the exception to the rule.

If only you applied the same posting standards to our 100 game small forward... who has demonstrated time after time he is not up to AFL standard.
I love that the goalposts have shifted from calling him Four Touch to now outlining the one game he has poor disposal efficiency.

But all Hail SMURPH. Wonder if he enjoyed the MAESTRO's presser the other day.

If Jones played a game like Cook did he would be blasted for not being good enough and needs to be dropped. No idea why people make excuses for Cook. He has played plenty of games this year and doesn't impact games enough. Needs to work on it, doesn't mean he won't be a player but why are we continuing to accept him playing wing/hhf and getting less than 10 touches?

If Jones played a game like Cook did he would be blasted for not being good enough and needs to be dropped. No idea why people make excuses for Cook. He has played plenty of games this year and doesn't impact games enough. Needs to work on it, doesn't mean he won't be a player but why are we continuing to accept him playing wing/hhf and getting less than 10 touches?
Jones 90 games
Cook 24 games

Jones limited poise and average disposal
Cook lots of poise and good disposal

That’s why, besides isn’t it your view that we shouldn’t question the paid experts so why are you doing it now? Or was that as different Bazz on Twitter?

Jones 90 games
Cook 24 games

That’s why, besides isn’t it your view that we shouldn’t question the paid experts so why are you doing it now? Or was that as different Bazz on Twitter?
I’d also argue that Cook isnt getting to spend much time on the wing, and is playing more as a FP/HF hence part of the reason behind the low disposal count. As opposed to Jones who is playing as a legitimate wing and Murphy who is playing far more a extra mid/HF role.

I don’t think there’s anyone saying that they don’t want Cook to get more involved and have more influence, but your choice of comparison is flawed.

Jones 90 games
Cook 24 games

Jones is treated differently because of his draft position. Cook can have all the poise in the world but it's a waste if he has less than 6 kicks a game, 2.6 score involvements, 1.5 i50s, 1.5 tackles. He has big upside but he needs to start upping his impact on games. He is 22 and has had 4 seasons to amount to a 10 possession player. He won't be anything more than a Jones type role player

Which esteemed twitter expert are you? My point is solely that people think they know better with nowhere near the information available to AFL coaches and if you do to unfollow me so it's a weird take for you to have held on to and bring up in a different forum but go you.

Jones is treated differently because of his draft position. Cook can have all the poise in the world but it's a waste if he has less than 6 kicks a game, 2.6 score involvements, 1.5 i50s, 1.5 tackles. He has big upside but he needs to start upping his impact on games. He is 22 and has had 4 seasons to amount to a 10 possession player. He won't be anything more than a Jones type role player

Which esteemed twitter expert are you? My point is solely that people think they know better with nowhere near the information available to AFL coaches and if you do to unfollow me so it's a weird take for you to have held on to and bring up in a different forum but go you.
Yes Jones is treated differently by the coaches because of his draft position otherwise he wouldn’t have been given so many opportunities. Cook has been given nowhere near the same level. Cook is cut some slack because he has played **** all and has the skills we need.

I don’t tweet and I don’t follow you, I saw your name pop up the other day having a go at those criticising selection because they don’t have all the information available. I found it ironic and hypocritical of you to now be doing the same thing so I pointed it out.

Jones played the first two years like cook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back