Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura Kane is MELTING right now hahahaha!

Karen GIF by moodman

Yep, let's prosecute a case that we know will fail because it makes us look good.

Pathetic. Take some responsibility!
That’s not it.
If they didn’t do it, it’s like they don’t care about his well-being.
It also probably precludes them from being sued, (we did our bit and referred it to an independent body).

Reasoning behind the verdict.

The SINGLE most impressive part of the last 4+ days is actually the thorough, well reasoned & insightful nature of the Tribunal's explanation ..consistent with the evidence and, dare i say, impartial to all the emotive & hysterical hand-wringing that has swirled around this issue since minute 1.

I have zero doubt that further instruction /clarification will be written into the AFL's rules over the summer that seeks to warn players '..if you opt to smother and there is resultant head-high contact, it's on you' and that's fine, that's the right outcome that gives everyone a slither of time to 'adjust'

The AFL's poor form continues late into the season, Michael Christian was 100%, they should have left it at that instead of the dragged out reality supporters and families experienced. Wooden spoon-esk, if it wasn't for aspects of the media!

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank The Royal Sampler for his submissions in this case.

Nailed it from the get go.

P.s. I’ll take the thanks for suggesting we needed expert evidence from a biomechanic 😛
You thought you were talking about the guy who fixes your car!

Poor Caroline Wilson!!
Just imagine her at home right now - screaming, crying and throwing pots and pans around the kitchen!

She will just have to find some other poor sod to vent her hate on now.
Maybe Garry Lyon can console her.
And anyone who wants some late night work done on their plants, trees or flower beds, my mates waiting in the car still brandishing their gardening tools are at a bit of a loose end right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SINGLE most impressive part of the last 4+ days is actually the thorough, well reasoned & insightful nature of the Tribunal's explanation ..consistent with the evidence and, dare i say, impartial to all the emotive & hysterical hand-wringing that has swirled around this issue since minute 1.

I have zero doubt that further instruction /clarification will be written into the AFL's rules over the summer that seeks to warn players '..if you opt to smother and there is resultant head-high contact, it's on you' and that's fine, that's the right outcome that gives everyone a slither of time to 'adjust'

Absolutely. But with the thoughtful and considered language, the carefully constructed reasoning - me thinks a lot of that was maybe thought up over the last few days? Seriously, it’s not easy to construct a reasoned written decision of that quality in a few hours!! It’s quality stuff.

Maynard can put things out of his mind really easily. He will be focused on his job. Absolute killing machine.

Maynard will have the most partisan crowd possible in Australia cheering his every touch on Friday week. He’ll be floating on air.

Yeah I hope so but the afl don’t like to lose.
But they didn’t “lose”. The tribunal is an independent body and the decision to send it to the tribunal was more about testing the legalities of the contact. The outcome might inform possible rule changes, but like the McKay/ Clark incident it’s not one they’ll escalate further.

I apologise to my beautiful wife. That high-five was a little more physical than normal!

In my defence, the reaction time from learning that Bruzzy was free to play on in 2023 and our clashing of palms was completely outside of my control and not unreasonable under the circumstances and your preceding and unanticipated slap of my arse was also a contributing factor.

Dear Simon Goodwin,

Go f*** yourself you lowlife degenerate.

Love always, JB.

Nah, they had to do it for perception purposes as a minimum.
Having read the bulk of comments made by Gleeson I reckon the AFL wanted to be seen to be doing everything they could to ensure a fair outcome and sate those who would inflame and misrepresent the action.

Honestly reckon they did the right thing and got the correct result.

Lots of loons out there will claim Maynard ended Brayshaws career, and got away with the perfect murder aided and abetted by a corrupt tribunal which only over-ruled the MRO's "no case to answer" call to make it look like they would fairly deal with the incident, even though it'a fair bet Brayshaw will play if the Dees can make it past Cartoon.

Obviously, despite always wanting to get Maynard off the AFL wanted to hand out some OT to the tribunal members and thought they may as well troll all the non-Collingwood folk they were at it just for shits and giggles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back