Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could say his professionalism has changed, but it hasn’t.

He was out drinking last Friday. Not cool for a fringe player to being doing so.

Is there any reason why he shouldn't be able to have a drink on a Friday night?

He was out drinking last Friday. Not cool for a fringe player to being doing so.

Was Wells with him? :p

Is there any reason why he shouldn't be able to have a drink on a Friday night?

I’m fine with him having a drink. I prefer players who let their hair down. However when your professionalism is being questioned I would calm it down.

Callum Browns spot in Round 1 should have been Siers.

I don’t buy the niggle stuff the club is throwing. He played VFL practice games, but not JLT’s.

So was Jordan De Goey. You going to reprimand him for that?

We had a 9-day break, it's clear the club was allowing players to go out and enjoy themselves.

I’m fine with him having a drink. I prefer players who let their hair down. However when your professionalism is being questioned I would calm it down.

Callum Browns spot in Round 1 should have been Siers.

I don’t buy the niggle stuff the club is throwing. He played VFL practice games, but not JLT’s.

The idea that he should refrain from doing something which is perfectly fine (i.e. having a drink on a Friday night) simply because a rabble of randoms on Big Footy have some doubts about his attitude seems a bit questionable. I wonder if at some point in his social life a Collingwood supporter might approach him in a bar and tell him to run along home so that he can visualise future success.

This post is the sort of thing that fuels b/s hysteria on social media. An uninjured player out having a beer the night after a game is well and truly within the general guidelines for a league footballer. Sh-tfaced at 3am is another story, but it doesn't sound like this is the case?

All successful teams, which is what we all want Collingwood to be, have very good players outside their top 22 at any given time. This is what is called depth. Sier is a 21yo and will no doubt break back into the seniors at some stage. If things go right he is a 200 game inside-mid player for Collingwood.

As for Lyon talking him up as a trade prospect, well they have to say something. And anything about Collingwood will get interest. Surprised there hasn't already been speculation over where Jamie Elliot will be in 2020.

So was Jordan De Goey. You going to reprimand him for that?

We had a 9-day break, it's clear the club was allowing players to go out and enjoy themselves.

When Sier kicks 5 then he can talk.

It is obvious he has some sort of issue but I will back the Club and the leadership group on this one...…...remember the season is a marathon not a sprint people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is obvious he has some sort of issue but I will back the Club and the leadership group on this one...…...remember the season is a marathon not a sprint people.
Thank you Mick...

If the entire playing group is allowed by the club to go out and enjoy themselves then I'm not going to hold it against the players if they go out and enjoy themselves, regardless of whether they're playing in the ones.

Sier's chances at a senior game will be calculated on the park, either at training or in VFL. I doubt the club and the leadership group is expecting Sier to sit at home on a Friday night when there isn't a game for over a week and act like a monk, particularly if his professionalism issues are stemming from his training standards, not his recreational activities.

They're pretty representative of who is close to breaking in to the senior side, which is what we were talking about.
They are in ways yes.
That’s a point.
But it’s not definitive.
Eg Goldsack wasn’t an emergency either last week.

Disappointed in the Wells slur.
From what I hear couldn’t find a finer guy.

But carry on those that like to stir pots.

Again, I don’t have an issue that players go out and drink.

However when your “standards” are being questioned, you would try to minimise it.

I love the Bear. He’s my favourite player. Just don’t see him getting into the team with bad habits. That’s all.

I’m not here to make a player feel bad etc.

If the entire playing group is allowed by the club to go out and enjoy themselves then I'm not going to hold it against the players if they go out and enjoy themselves, regardless of whether they're playing in the ones.

Sier's chances at a senior game will be calculated on the park, either at training or in VFL. I doubt the club and the leadership group is expecting Sier to sit at home on a Friday night when there isn't a game for over a week and act like a monk, particularly if his professionalism issues are stemming from his training standards, not his recreational activities.
Exactly. How the hell is he expected to exploit some of the the off-field, outside the salary cap, "opportunities" available to an AFL footballer if he isn't getting out amongst it?

Again, I don’t have an issue that players go out and drink.

However when your “standards” are being questioned, you would try to minimise it.

I love the Bear. He’s my favourite player. Just don’t see him getting into the team with bad habits. That’s all.

I’m not here to make a player feel bad etc.
You clearly do have an issue with it. You have potted two blokes for drinking in the posts above. One of them who has played 257 games. You are basing your "bad habits" comment on what, a sighting of him at a bar?

You clearly do have an issue with it. You have potted two blokes for drinking in the posts above. One of them who has played 257 games. You are basing your "bad habits" comment on what, a sighting of him at a bar?

If you don’t think the whole Pendles & Bucks injured/not injured reports on Sier was about his attitude, then we’ll never see eye-to-eye.

Would we be okay with Wells having a drink if he was on 600k? Nope. Just because he’s playing for less, it doesn’t mean he can drop his rehabilitation process. Especially Wells.

If you don’t think the whole Pendles & Bucks injured/not injured reports on Sier was about his attitude, then we’ll never see eye-to-eye.

Would we be okay with Wells having a drink if he was on 600k? Nope. Just because he’s playing for less, it doesn’t mean he can drop his rehabilitation process. Especially Wells.
So you’re sitting with these guys and taking regular checks on their intake?

It’s really fortunate you don’t dislike them.

Sorry but I their drinking habits thereof should be left to the club to worry about.

Not sure we are getting the true picture.

Or not.

One rumour is that his "attitude" hasn't been up to scratch. Which stacks up with his earlier issues. If that's the case, he might not make it into this team again. Yes, it's all speculation, but based on the fact that he should be best 22 and isn't - why?
Or not not having a past record of 'attitude' issues makes him the perfect target for social media accusations of attitude problems.

All p!ss and wind at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back