BREAKING: Essendon players have been found GUILTY of doping and will be suspended for 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it's rather humourous to look back on with the new advent of hindsight, and not to excuse his guilt, but is it worth considering that Hird's comments, at the time, were genuine?

As in, he genuinely believed (albeit misguidedly) that he, the players and the club had done nothing wrong?

The Cronulla players must be laughing themselves silly, they took it on the chin and copped 4 weeks, the Essendon mob scream and fight and protested their innocence and get a year. Brilliant.
It's an unfair reality, really. Whether or not you're guilty, you shouldn't be punished for defending yourself.

St Kilda are wishing the Carlise trade never happened. Has been cursed from the start.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have been done within the first few months. The AFL tried to micro-manage the affair, stuffed it up and then Essendon/Hird drew it all out involving the courts. Everyone knew they were guilty and if this had of been handed to WADA, as an independent body, from the start and this circus would have been avoided for everyone.

I for one feel for the players especially since the real culprits in Hird, Dank etc will get off relatively scott-free. I am glad it is finally all over because as an opposition supporter I am downright sick of hearing about it. Hopefully Essendon can move on from this, find some hidden gems to complement the players on their list able to play and everyone, AFL & all the clubs, learn from the whole ugly affair.

Lets all move on and finally focus on footy now!

This will be their team this year.....their AFL team not VFL team btw...

B: Mark Baguley, Mitch Brown, James Gwilt

HB: Jason Ashby, Michael Hartley, Courtenay Dempsey

C: Jackson Merrett, Brendon Goddard, David Zaharakis

HF: Zach Merrett, Shaun McKernan, Patrick Ambrose

F: Nick Kommer, Joe Daniher, Jayden Laverde

Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Adam Cooney, Craig Bird

Inter: Kyle Langford, Orazio Fantasia, Martin Gleeson, Shaun Edwards

Emerg: Tom Bellchambers, Kyle Langford, Darcy Parish

They all should. Sue Hird the you know what, and the club for allowing an unsafe workplace to be there.
If it is true that they had advice from the club doctor not to proceed and still went ahead with it, signing consent forms and all, then perhaps they knew what was going on and don't have a case against Essendon - although I expect there will be an element of supporters who cling to a complete naivety defense story.

Surely the Cats second game vs them can now be moved from Etihad to KP?
yes why bother travelling to shitihad only to play the Essenscum reserves.

Play them at KP and rip thier hearts out.

Can we stop acting like the the suspension handed down was only 12 months and EFC didn't get any considerations

They got the full 2 years backdated to March 2015 less the 138 days most of them served in the 2014 offseason. Expires November 2016

Which in reality is only about 9 months playing time or 22 games which is **** all really

This will be their team this year.....their AFL team not VFL team btw...

B: Mark Baguley, Mitch Brown, James Gwilt

HB: Jason Ashby, Michael Hartley, Courtenay Dempsey

C: Jackson Merrett, Brendon Goddard, David Zaharakis

HF: Zach Merrett, Shaun McKernan, Patrick Ambrose

F: Nick Kommer, Joe Daniher, Jayden Laverde

Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Adam Cooney, Craig Bird

Inter: Kyle Langford, Orazio Fantasia, Martin Gleeson, Shaun Edwards

Emerg: Tom Bellchambers, Kyle Langford, Darcy Parish

Bellchambers is suspended.

Poor David Zaharakis, I'm sure he is feeling slightly awkward as the only man left standing from that group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back